Week 7 pick ‘em results

nolebull813

How should we do the pick ems to decide the champion? 

1. Add up the regular season and playoff totals combined to see who has the most overall wins

2. Take the 8 highest posters from the regular season and whoever has the most playoff wins, wins it all

3. 10 posters go into the playoffs and every round the bottom 2 get eliminated until there are only 2 posters left for the state finals. 

8 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

1. Add up the regular season and playoff totals combined to see who has the most overall wins

2. Take the 8 highest posters from the regular season and whoever has the most playoff wins, wins it all

3. 10 posters go into the playoffs and every round the bottom 2 get eliminated until there are only 2 posters left for the state finals. 

Because I am an elitist, I favor choice number 3. It aligns with the playoff system of having only the two best in the final games.

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Yea I agree. I vote number three as well.

If you do go for choice 3, though, you will have to have tie breakers each week. Select a game and have each participant forecast either the point spread of the final result or the total number of points in the game or some such statistic. If not, we likely have some posters facing elimination tied at the end of each round.

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If you do go for choice 3, though, you will have to have tie breakers each week. Select a game and have each participant forecast either the point spread of the final result or the total number of points in the game or some such statistic. If not, we likely have some posters facing elimination tied at the end of each round.

Yes of course. I thought About that. It will work 

On 10/7/2023 at 10:44 AM, nolebull813 said:

Personally, I think we ought to just call it a day and end the season now.  B)

Oh, and any tiebreakers should be decided by who got their picks in the earliest this past week.   :D

All kidding aside, my only concern with 2 and 3 is that the regular season results become meaningless (aside from "making the playoffs").  There's no reward for regular season performance - no home-field advantage, if you will.  (Perhaps you could spot the higher seed with one point to serve as the tie-breaker).   Yeah, yeah, I know that probably won't fly with the rest of the group, but that's what happens when you try to come up with a solution midway through the season; folks have a way of voting based on what's beneficial to them when the vote is cast.  Kinda like Congress. 

At the end of the day, I don't really care.  I've just got to hope my guessing streak and my lucky 'flipping quarter' continue to pay dividends for me. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Personally, I think we ought to just call it a day and end the season now.  B)

Oh, and any tiebreakers should be decided by who got their picks in the earliest this past week.   :D

All kidding aside, my only concern with 2 and 3 is that the regular season results become meaningless (aside from "making the playoffs").  There's no reward for regular season performance - no home-field advantage, if you will.  (Perhaps you could spot the higher seed with one point to serve as the tie-breaker).   Yeah, yeah, I know that probably won't fly with the rest of the group, but that's what happens when you try to come up with a solution midway through the season; folks have a way of voting based on what's beneficial to them when the vote is cast.  Kinda like Congress. 

At the end of the day, I don't really care.  I've just got to hope my guessing streak and my lucky 'flipping quarter' continue to pay dividends for me. 

I like the idea for number 3 that the tiebreaker goes to the higher seed.