Final Dillard 42 Boyd Anderson 7 Game Called AGAIN after brawl breaks out between coaches & players in the beginning of 4th Qt.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

on the ensuing Dillard kick off return on of the cobra players tried to pull a Dillard player and make him touch the ball so it can be turnover Dillard. And when he wouldn’t budge he punched our player which led to a riot on the field between both sides.

I'm not sure how this makes sense.  A kickoff is a live ball; either team can recover it (assuming it traveled the necessary 10 yards).  A punt, on the other hand, would be different.  And if it were a punt, there's no reason why anyone from the receiving team needs to be anywhere close to the ball once the decision has been made not to field the punt and try to return it.  I never understand why someone from the return team feels the need to get up close to the ball and watch it roll while there are several members of the kicking team around the ball.  Nothing good can happen for the return team.  But I digress. 

The other thing I'll never fully understand is why guys on a football field throw punches at players that are wearing helmets.   Rarely, if ever, do you see guys throwing body shots when a melee break out; they're always swinging up high at a dude wearing a helmet with a facemask.  Now, the guys who grab the facemask and try to sling the other guy around/down, I kind of get that.  But taking a full-on swing with an unprotected hand making contact with a hard plastic design specifically to protect a person's head, I just don't get that.  But I digress again. 

Sorry the game ended the way it did, but ending early wasn't the worst thing that could happen to Dillard this week.

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

I'm not sure how this makes sense.  A kickoff is a live ball; either team can recover it (assuming it traveled the necessary 10 yards).  A punt, on the other hand, would be different.  And if it were a punt, there's no reason why anyone from the receiving team needs to be anywhere close to the ball once the decision has been made not to field the punt and try to return it.  I never understand why someone from the return team feels the need to get up close to the ball and watch it roll while there are several members of the kicking team around the ball.  Nothing good can happen for the return team.  

Same thing happened in a college game where the gunners tried to snatch up the returner and force into the ball.

https://youtu.be/is8UV0ET9tk?si=Biah2kTFGT_WMOqy

30 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Dillard was an all black school prior to segregation. In 1967 they joined the FHSAA. 

In Apopka, the all black school was Phyllis Wheatley. They played football from 1959-1968 when they integrated with Apopka High 

Phyllis Wheatley is now an elementary school that is about equal numbers of blacks and Hispanics with about 10% whites. 

The old, pre-desegregation, Apopka Memorial school is now one of two middle schools that feed into Apopka High, the other being Wolf Lake Middle. 

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

I'm not sure how this makes sense.  A kickoff is a live ball; either team can recover it (assuming it traveled the necessary 10 yards).  A punt, on the other hand, would be different.  And if it were a punt, there's no reason why anyone from the receiving team needs to be anywhere close to the ball once the decision has been made not to field the punt and try to return it.  I never understand why someone from the return team feels the need to get up close to the ball and watch it roll while there are several members of the kicking team around the ball.  Nothing good can happen for the return team.  But I digress. 

The other thing I'll never fully understand is why guys on a football field throw punches at players that are wearing helmets.   Rarely, if ever, do you see guys throwing body shots when a melee break out; they're always swinging up high at a dude wearing a helmet with a facemask.  Now, the guys who grab the facemask and try to sling the other guy around/down, I kind of get that.  But taking a full-on swing with an unprotected hand making contact with a hard plastic design specifically to protect a person's head, I just don't get that.  But I digress again. 

Sorry the game ended the way it did, but ending early wasn't the worst thing that could happen to Dillard this week.

Our when the ball was being kicked it was a punt return our player was backing away from it when he realized he couldn’t get a clean fair catch. When the ball stopped rolling the nearest panther was like 10 feet away a cobra player came and grabbed one of our players and tried to drag him to the ball as if no one was gonna see that, which made the whole Dillard side erupt. 

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Same thing happened in a college game where the gunners tried to snatch up the returner and force into the ball.

https://youtu.be/is8UV0ET9tk?si=Biah2kTFGT_WMOqy

I saw that play.  It was a punt (not a kickoff) and I wondered why that wouldn't be considered holding on the kicking team.  If the guys on the coverage squad were trying to push or block the return guy into the ball, that would be one thing (i.e., a legal thing), but if they try to grab him and drag him over to where the ball is, why wouldn't that be holding?  If it's not holding, then why wouldn't the kicking team get four guys to go pick up the smallest guy on the return team, carry him down the field to where the ball is resting, lower the guy until his body touches the ball, and then jump on the ball?

33 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Our when the ball was being kicked it was a punt return our player was backing away from it when he realized he couldn’t get a clean fair catch. When the ball stopped rolling the nearest panther was like 10 feet away a cobra player came and grabbed one of our players and tried to drag him to the ball as if no one was gonna see that, which made the whole Dillard side erupt. 

Trying to drag a player over to the ball and punching a guy are two different things.  One should result in a garden-variety penalty (holding), while the other should be cause for ejection.  Neither should result in a brawl. 

Any chance Dillard could lose any players or coaches to suspension for their slightly-more important game this Friday night?

10 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Trying to drag a player over to the ball and punching a guy are two different things.  One should result in a garden-variety penalty (holding), while the other should be cause for ejection.  Neither should result in a brawl. 

Any chance Dillard could lose any players or coaches to suspension for their slightly-more important game this Friday night?

No player from Dillard we be getting punished being that we wasn’t the agressor. 

In regards to the incident the b.a player tried to force our player to the ball. When he saw he couldn’t achieve that he threw a punch which caused all hell to break loose. 

9 hours ago, Perspective said:

That is not holding. It is a personal foul, know-it-all. 

On 10/23/2023 at 6:33 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

This rival is crazy especially Dillard vs ba , the cobras couldn’t take that they were getting running clocked and on the ensuing Dillard kick off return on of the cobra players tried to pull a Dillard player and make him touch the ball so it can be turnover Dillard. And when he wouldn’t budge he punched our player which led to a riot on the field between both sides. And the game was called. This is the second time this year these two teams haven’t been able to finish this matchup. This was a make up game because the first Matchup was called in the first qt due to foolishness smh. 

All involved should be permanently banned from FHSAA competition.