final classifications?

h8r

6 hours ago, Dr. D said:

If that is final it looks like Cocoa is guaranteed district champs. They are in a 2 team district with Astronaut. Looks like the other 4 teams that were in their district went independent or appealed to go up

30 minutes ago, h8r said:

what a friggin joke this turned out to be.  

I would say fhsaa is scrambling to fix it sooner than later, but I seriously doubt it a great deal.  complete S-Show.

It is a joke but the reason it’s a joke is because the amount of teams that went independent (which I love) still didn’t persuade these clowns to cut a classification and make sure there are no 2 and 3 team districts. 

Any system that has 2 and 3 team districts is already dead on arrival. The FHSAA needs to dissolve 

35 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

It is a joke but the reason it’s a joke is because the amount of teams that went independent (which I love) still didn’t persuade these clowns to cut a classification and make sure there are no 2 and 3 team districts. 

Any system that has 2 and 3 team districts is already dead on arrival. The FHSAA needs to dissolve 

I saw yesterday that Frostproof is going independent and joining the SSAC.  I wonder who will be next.

For all the crybabies posting on here. Explain why so much hate. Maybe you loved being able to thrown the best teams out of your division and let the metro teams beat the crap out of each other in that horrible system where the metro counties did not even go by population but some bs density rule. Its basically the same system we had for decades. Enrollment based classification. hello.  Go to promotion and demotion and hardly anybody would drop out. Let the cream of the crop ruse to top 3 divisions and rest fight it out for regional non-state titles below. The reason teams are dropping like flies is that they cant compete with the transfer recruiting cheating teams. Why would bad Orlando 7A teams want to compete with an all star team Edgewater? You will never get real change going by population alone and we all know it. So crybabies. What system do you want h8r?

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

We should have 2 state associations with the teams split. 

one is for “FBS” type teams 

one is for “FCS” type teams

we kinda have that now (FHSAA and SSAA) but not close to where it should be. The SSAA needs about 250 more teams and this would be perfect. 

Many years ago high school football in Florida was similar to college football.  A group of schools would form a conference and compete for a conference championship.  At the end of the year we played bowl games. 

My bad.  There were 484 teams after the "initial" FHSAA reclassification in December, and now there are 471 teams in the final reclassification.  So a net loss of 13 teams.  Not exactly a tidal wave of teams leaving the FHSAA, more of a trickle.  So either schools are happy with the current situation, don't see a viable alternative, or just don't care.  Doesn't seem like enough movement to gain the attention of the FHSAA.

12 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

My bad.  There were 484 teams after the "initial" FHSAA reclassification in December, and now there are 471 teams in the final reclassification.  So a net loss of 13 teams.  Not exactly a tidal wave of teams leaving the FHSAA, more of a trickle.  So either schools are happy with the current situation, don't see a viable alternative, or just don't care.  Doesn't seem like enough movement to gain the attention of the FHSAA.

Under the delusion that they don't have an alternative or school district won't let them seek an alternative 

I find it ironic that the photograph accompanying the FHSAA announcement is from the 2021 5A championship game between Central and Merritt Island -- the poster child for lopsided playoff mismatches common during the most recent enrollment-based era.  What goes around comes around, so prepare for more blowouts in the playoffs this year.  

https://fhsaa.com/news/2024/1/23/football-classifications-available-for-2024-25-2025-26.aspx

4 hours ago, Dr. D said:

That’s less than 60 teams per class. That’s an all-time embarrassment

11 hours ago, TigerKing said:

Others have attempted to join, but have been denied by the SSAA. 

I want to say the SSAA had a deadline and extended it about a week or so. But that extended deadline has passed which makes sense for them denying teams now.

20 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

For all the crybabies posting on here. Explain why so much hate. Maybe you loved being able to thrown the best teams out of your division and let the metro teams beat the crap out of each other in that horrible system where the metro counties did not even go by population but some bs density rule. Its basically the same system we had for decades. Enrollment based classification. hello.  Go to promotion and demotion and hardly anybody would drop out. Let the cream of the crop ruse to top 3 divisions and rest fight it out for regional non-state titles below. The reason teams are dropping like flies is that they cant compete with the transfer recruiting cheating teams. Why would bad Orlando 7A teams want to compete with an all star team Edgewater? You will never get real change going by population alone and we all know it. So crybabies. What system do you want h8r?

system,

i didnt think the metro suburban deal was that awful, who was in those seperated classes, thats a different story.  if they would have truly used county population, maybe it would have worked better.  I dont think coaches minded it to be honest.  what if they would have used school district size instead of county population?  how would that have changed things?  

I do think the move up move down every cycle would be something intriguing for sure, be pretty awesome to see some teams that pad the record with "bum wins" get moved up to a tougher division and those who dont belong, get moved down.  cut back to like 4 classes with 1 or 2 open division classes-

the district sceneiro of no scheduled games really made some sense, the district title championship weeks was pretty interesting and could have been something they could market for sure,  however, teams all having a bye week 9 and then trying to find games weeks 10 and 11 would have been impossible for most.  keeping the kids locked in for those 2 weeks would also have been impossible.

how would the rivalry weeks go?  most teams play that week 11, what happens if team A is in dist title game, etc.  so i can see why they squashed it.

something has to be done, nobody will agree with anyones plans, im not smart enough to come up with the actual plan and dont have nearly the time to make it work correctly.  

53 minutes ago, h8r said:

system,

i didnt think the metro suburban deal was that awful, who was in those seperated classes, thats a different story.  if they would have truly used county population, maybe it would have worked better.  I dont think coaches minded it to be honest.  what if they would have used school district size instead of county population?  how would that have changed things?  

I do think the move up move down every cycle would be something intriguing for sure, be pretty awesome to see some teams that pad the record with "bum wins" get moved up to a tougher division and those who dont belong, get moved down.  cut back to like 4 classes with 1 or 2 open division classes-

the district sceneiro of no scheduled games really made some sense, the district title championship weeks was pretty interesting and could have been something they could market for sure,  however, teams all having a bye week 9 and then trying to find games weeks 10 and 11 would have been impossible for most.  keeping the kids locked in for those 2 weeks would also have been impossible.

how would the rivalry weeks go?  most teams play that week 11, what happens if team A is in dist title game, etc.  so i can see why they squashed it.

something has to be done, nobody will agree with anyones plans, im not smart enough to come up with the actual plan and dont have nearly the time to make it work correctly.  

Get rid of classification, districts, etc. Allow schools to play up to 12 regular season games, all games count so no more kick off classics. Make your schedule as difficult or easy as you want. Use a power ranking system based on SOS to rank all teams. The top 8 make the playoffs.  Everyone else with 8 or more wins get a bowl game against a similarly ranked opponent. 

1 hour ago, h8r said:

system,

The issue with the metro/suburb idea is it only really helped some elite suburb teams who already made it far in the playoffs get a state title.  It squeezed metro teams in divisions with huge enrollment differences as well, which was not fair. Finally, the whole change from population to population density stunk to the high heavens because it was not in original idea. I liked districts for playoffs much better than max preps secret sauce fhsaa formula. 

Would any of our metro posters be able to identify Metro teams which were handicapped by the old Metro-Suburban classification, but now will be able to make deep playoff runs under the new system?  For example, which formerly beaten down 2M teams will develop overnight into 2A or 3A contenders?  My contention is a 3-7 team in 2M will be a 3-7 team in 2A or 3A, but I'm ready to be proven wrong.  Or they may have to come up with other excuses now that things are more "fair".