Osceola at Lake Gibson

Dan in Daytona

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Osecola appears to be for real 

When the #$11 were they not for real????

They have been to States 3 of the last 4 years and generally a sound playoff team for a while. They lost to a top 5 national team back to back and in 2015 a top 25 national team.  It happens.  I have no problem calling Osceola a central FL power that have been for real further back than I can remember...

I was able to catch this game on Spectrum Cable Channel HD 1147 and Lake Gibson did not show me much at all, there knew QB this year #12 Travis Williams was very inaccurate most of the night but he seemed to be on target more in the 2nd half but still not nothing to write home about. They have a ton of room for improvement if they're going to want to accomplish the things that last year's team did. I know they were playing a opponent that has been a power for quite some time now but I was looking for more out of Gibson. Osceola meanwhile is definitely for real again. There QB #2 Braxton Jones is very shifty and the RB #11 Malcolm Davidson is the real deal. Not many weaknesses that I seen, they got as good of a shot as anybody too get to Orlando this year in 8A  

5 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

......... I have no problem calling Osceola a central FL power that have been for real further back than I can remember...

How about 1998 and RB Willie Green, one of the toughest runners I've ever seen. Rushed for 8,000 yds and scored over 100 TD's for the Kowboys. He carried them to a championship, but got injured and never played much in college (UF). His son Trey Shine is a stud LB on the current Kowboys team.

21 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

How about 1998 and RB Willie Green, one of the toughest runners I've ever seen. Rushed for 8,000 yds and scored over 100 TD's for the Kowboys. He carried them to a championship, but got injured and never played much in college (UF). His son Trey Shine is a stud LB on the current Kowboys team.

Willie was a Kowboy legend! Too bad adult life has not been especially kind. I did not know his son was on their roster this year.

5 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Those Willie Green numbers are ridiculous.....Wow.  Would you say he was as good as Emmitt Smith at the HS level?

Have seen Shine play and he is a 'baller!

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Those Willie Green numbers are ridiculous.....Wow.  Would you say he was as good as Emmitt Smith at the HS level?

Have seen Shine play and he is a 'baller!

At the high school level, Willie Green was every bit as impressive as Smith in high school. He led the only Osceola team to win a state title in 1998. Not sure what the star rankings were back then, but today he would have been a 4 star hands down. Went to UF and got injured in his first year. That, coupled with some off the field issues, did him in. 

The lesson is: in the sport of football, regardless of talent, nothing is a sure thing. Every player is only one bad tackle or hit away from ending his career. You gotta protect yourself as best you can without sacrificing your game and enjoy each game as if it were potentially your last. I remember seeing live the tackle that ended Bo Jackson's NFL career. It seemed like a pedestrian play. But it was not.