Venice

DisabledAccount

It seems he wasn't fired for liking a tweet- it was the accumulation of past actions with liking the tweet as a cherry on a sundae. Curious to see where this thread goes with people who are supporters and rivals of the program. Interesting story that really touches in social media's presence in high school football as well.

19 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

It seems he wasn't fired for liking a tweet- it was the accumulation of past actions with liking the tweet as a cherry on a sundae. Curious to see where this thread goes with people who are supporters and rivals of the program. Interesting story that really touches in social media's presence in high school football as well.

Agree Jess.   I think it was a accumulation.

There are a lot of Venice guys on this board and Flavarsity who have been pretty vocal as of late... Not sure if we hear much from them today though. .

28 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It is unfortunate for Venice. Peacock did a stupid thing and payed the price. Clearly the rivalry between Venice and Braden River has gotten out of hand, at least at the adult level. 

There will be some bad blood in that game 

They better be careful or it may end in a brawl 

...when I read about a coach retweeting something a player posted.  

It seems the line between appropriate/inappropriate interaction between educators (which coaches are) and students has gotten very fuzzy.  Imagine if a male teacher was actively communicating with your high school daughter on social media..no way, right? 

It may seem old-fashioned, but there is good reason why the military takes a hard stance concerning officers fraternizing with the troops, ie perceived favoritism can kill morale.  It's one thing for a coach to take a peek at social media to make sure the kids are not posting things that could harm their future careers.  It's another to be actively engaging in the process.  

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

There will be some bad blood in that game 

They better be careful or it may end in a brawl 

Hope it does not come to that. I attended the Venice/Braden River game in 2016 at Venice. It was a full house, and great atmosphere. The football game was pretty entertaining and competitive, too. 

As someone who has run social media and coached on high school teams, I have a simple rule when it comes to interaction: I only tweet, or RT, or anything like that, something that has to do with football. So if a kid tweets out that he got offered, or how he did at a camp, or some award he won, then I'll interact. Otherwise, no dice. So I would have never liked or RTed what Peacock did about the Braden River coach. Peacock is making himself sound like a victim and a martyr at the same time. Idk if that actually is the case but it just doesn't seem right to me.

way it reads imo

braden river was running illegal practices, venice coach turned them in.  he liked a tweet that made fun of the braden river coach(sticks and stones?) and the butt hurt and heavily fined braden river guy turns the tables and pulls the race card out.

was told a 2 year old admin  staff is at venice, peacock has been there for how long? 15+ years?  if that is the case, the new admin have zero ties to him and firing him was easy.  

im sure there is alot more to the story and there is always 3 sides, yours mine and the truth.  but gimmie a break.  its all of what @footballfan56 said above, ridiculous.... 

i hate social media, it absolutely will ruin a kid, parent, coach, family, team, school, president, life....its completely worthless in my honest opinion.  none of those things should be free.  should pay for it and watch it go away.

i dont like seeing what you ate for dinner, your dog chasing its tail, where your at/what themepark, what your watching on tv, what bible verse you are pushing out, who got 1st place in your karate tourney and on and on and on.

rant over.

49 minutes ago, dawgs said:

way it reads imo

braden river was running illegal practices, venice coach turned them in.  he liked a tweet that made fun of the braden river coach(sticks and stones?) and the butt hurt and heavily fined braden river guy turns the tables and pulls the race card out.

was told a 2 year old admin  staff is at venice, peacock has been there for how long? 15+ years?  if that is the case, the new admin have zero ties to him and firing him was easy.  

im sure there is alot more to the story and there is always 3 sides, yours mine and the truth.  but gimmie a break.  its all of what @footballfan56 said above, ridiculous.... 

i hate social media, it absolutely will ruin a kid, parent, coach, family, team, school, president, life....its completely worthless in my honest opinion.  none of those things should be free.  should pay for it and watch it go away.

i dont like seeing what you ate for dinner, your dog chasing its tail, where your at/what themepark, what your watching on tv, what bible verse you are pushing out, who got 1st place in your karate tourney and on and on and on.

rant over.

..you cannot believe everything you read on twitter:D  just tryin' to lighten things up, folks

Image result for football coach tweeting meme

4 hours ago, dawgs said:

way it reads imo

rant over.

he wasn't fired just because he liked a tweet.

the only people who think that are those that don't know anything about peacock's career.

39 minutes ago, KeyserSoze1 said:

the only people who think that are those that don't know anything about peacock's career.

ENOUGH LOS! I am tired of you circumventing the rules around here at the expense of our board members because you don't like the fact we moderated your posts on TheBeastWithin because following the rules is too hard. I have already had it with you and your personal attacks I have found over on the national boards. I don't appreciate that considering you don't even know who I am. If this keeps up I will shut the entire board down and I don't want to do that because of your attitude and your ways that myself, my board moderators and most importantly the other board members on here are getting downright tired of. You are nothing more than a troll and I don't appreciate that around here. If you want to troll go to the other board, but I will not have you take this down because you think I am some kind of wuss or whatever else you want to call me. I have had enough! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! 

16 hours ago, KeyserSoze1 said:

call em like its printed in black and white.

was there some issues a couple years back, yep

was there some issues several years back, yep.

but, the former ADMIN, didnt think it warranted him being fired.  

apparently the current one thinks liking a tweet and the race card that really was played, when it shouldnt have imo,  justifies firing him.