SHOCKERS TONIGHT!!!

SOUTH DADE STUNS MNW 18-12 mnw drips to 1-2 and missed the game wii I gotta field goal from the 2 yard line.

wekevia erases a double digit deficit to stun winter park 25-21

West orange beats dp 31-28

LAKELAND PUT IT ON APOPKA 37-21 (can we have a Lakeland vs sta Finals??)

MIAMI NORLAND DROPS TO 0-3 loses to Edison. 

AHP slips by Miramar by only of a score 11-3 

CC THRASHES COLOMBUS 35-0

Dwyer beats Slaughters glades central 42-14 

Osceola runs pass Viera 34-14

8 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

LAKELAND PUT IT ON APOPKA 37-21 (can we have a Lakeland vs sta Finals??)

No. Believe it or not, it is not clear to me that Lakeland would beat Bartram Trail. See my thoughts and observations on the game. Lakeland in my opinion was better last year, at least on offense. Apopka lost because of injuries and self inflicted wounds. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

No. Believe it or not, it is not clear to me that Lakeland would beat Bartram Trail. See my thoughts and observations on the game. Lakeland in my opinion was better last year, at least on offense. Apopka lost because of injuries and self inflicted wounds. 

Oh wow really ? U kno more about those teams then me but off eye test it seemed Lakeland was far better this year and as of right now who do u see as the top threat to sta and who do u see as a huge thread or possible fav against Deerfield 

6 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Oh wow really ? U kno more about those teams then me but off eye test it seemed Lakeland was far better this year and as of right now who do u see as the top threat to sta and who do u see as a huge thread or possible fav against Deerfield 

Wekiva's defense will take it a far distance. It could be a DB/Wekiva final but there is a lot of football to be played. If this Lakeland team represents the North end of the bracket against STA, it will be a blowout in favor of STA. Don't get me wrong, this is still a solid Lakeland team. However, it is not elite. I standby my though that last year's Lakeland team looked superior.

Wekiva's defense will take it a far distance. It could be a DB/Wekiva final but there is a lot of football to be played. If this Lakeland team represents the North end of the bracket against STA, it will be a blowout in favor of STA. Don't get me wrong, this is still a solid Lakeland team. However, it is not elite. I standby my though that last year's Lakeland team looked superior.

Who beat Lakeland last year ? And wow blowout by sta lol sheesshhh 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

U don’t see any teams beating Deerfield before then ?

1 minute ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

I think this DB team has as good a chance as they have ever had of making it to Orlando. But then again, as you and I have observed, DB has a tendency to meltdown at critical moments. So, if based just on talent they should probably represent the South. But it would not surprise me if they got upset. 

I think this DB team has as good a chance as they have ever had of making it to Orlando. But then again, as you and I have observed, DB has a tendency to meltdown at critical moments. So, if based just on talent they should probably represent the South. But it would not surprise me if they got upset. 

U agree wit u

21 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Lakeland is a better team this year. QB is still learning the offense, but he gives them the dual threat they haven’t had in the last 3 years or so. 

Lakeland was without their top O-Lineman tonight (Deyavie Hammond), and that showed a bit. 

The one area of concern I have is the corners. We have talent there, but they are consistently getting beat. 

With Lakeland, it always has been and always will be about discipline. Lakeland has Apopka stopped on the first drive and then had 12 men on the field for the punt. Resulted in a 1st down and Apopka continued the drive and eventually scored. Those are the types of issues that Lakeland historically has. Bad penalties at the wrong time. If they can cut that out, they’ll be fine. 

9 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

Lakeland is a better team this year. QB is still learning the offense, but he gives them the dual threat they haven’t had in the last 3 years or so. 

Lakeland was without their top O-Lineman tonight (Deyavie Hammond), and that showed a bit. 

The one area of concern I have is the corners. We have talent there, but they are consistently getting beat. 

With Lakeland, it always has been and always will be about discipline. Lakeland has Apopka stopped on the first drive and then had 12 men on the field for the punt. Resulted in a 1st down and Apopka continued the drive and eventually scored. Those are the types of issues that Lakeland historically has. Bad penalties at the wrong time. If they can cut that out, they’ll be fine. 

Awesome analysis 

24 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Wekiva's game was painful to watch..very sloppy and multiple turnovers.  According to the commentators, Wekiva was playing its backup qb.  Their starter did not appear to be injured, so am guessing they were simply trying to get something going of offense.  They have no reliable passing game, their kicker struggled to make a PAT. If they fall behind and time is short, I think they are in trouble. The only reason they came back to win this game was due to some questionable play-calling and penalties by WP.  As good as their defense is, if they cannot get things going on offense, they are going to run into a team that has the firepower to exploit a tired Wekiva defense.

41 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

No doubt Deerfield has a good defense.  Am not yet sure how good their offense is in terms of execution, though.  So far they have been scoring on big plays versus sustained drives.   

I think whoever comes out of Region 4 is going to give them problems....that team is going to be very battle-tested.  

24 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

No doubt Deerfield has a good defense.  Am not yet sure how good their offense is in terms of execution, though.  So far they have been scoring on big plays versus sustained drives.   

I think whoever comes out of Region 4 is going to give them problems....that team is going to be very battle-tested.  

I agree 

• 4 years later...
On 9/7/2018 at 7:58 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

@DarterBlue2 :P

23 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Why is Skyway reviving a dead thread to prove that Darter was wrong about a game that was played almost 5 years ago? And reacting to one of my oldest comments since I’ve been on this board? Seems kind of petty and far-reaching but whatever floats the boat, I suppose. 

In another thread, I responded to a Darter prediction by light-heartedly reminding him he missed on that old pick. And I guess he forgot. So, I did a search and came across the comment here as well as that old one from you. It's all fun and games, assuming people can accept and admit when they miss on picks. But, I suppose the stronger one's feelings are that they are correct, the harder it is to do that B)