Quantcast
Jump to content

Daytona Mainland tops St Augustine and Jax Mandarin


Recommended Posts

Each of the three teams played a half game against each other. Mainland overwhelmed the home field Yellow Jackets (ST. A)  25-6 , and edged the reigning Florida large school champions (8A) Jacksonville Mandarin 10-7. Mandarin's starting QB Carson Beck threw for 3,546 yrds and 39 td's last year and was named "MR Football" in Florida. He has a very strong arm , good feet, and throws a beautiful ball. Mainland ate the clock up, cut down on his field time, and stayed in his face....For the 1st time since the 2010 season, Mainland is back in the Northern playoff Bracket. The Miami Monsters of Dade county (Central, Carol City, Northwestern) have knocked the Buccaneers out of the playoffs 7 times in the last 8 years. NO MAS!! ...Armwood here we come...  

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Each of the three teams played a half game against each other. Mainland overwhelmed the home field Yellow Jackets (ST. A)  25-6 , and edged the reigning Florida large school champions (8A) Jacksonville Mandarin 10-7. Mandarin's starting QB Carson Beck threw for 3,546 yrds and 39 td's last year and was named "MR Football" in Florida. He has a very strong arm , good feet, and throws a beautiful ball. Mainland ate the clock up, cut down on his field time, and stayed in his face....For the 1st time since the 2010 season, Mainland is back in the Northern playoff Bracket. The Miami Monsters of Dade county (Central, Carol City, Northwestern) have knocked the Buccaneers out of the playoffs 7 times in the last 8 years. NO MAS!! ...Armwood here we come...  

Armwood is no longer in 6a. Mainland will have to contend with Columbia and maybe surprise team in region 1. Whomever comes out of that region is all but a sure bet to make to state. Region 2 is as bout as weak as a bad Wifi signal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Armwood is no longer in 6a. Mainland will have to contend with Columbia and maybe surprise team in region 1. Whomever comes out of that region is all but a sure bet to make to state. Region 2 is as bout as weak as a bad Wifi signal.

Thanks for the heads up 'Rocket. Now that Daytona Beach has the championships for the next few years, could be Miami Central on the Bucs home field again. It didn't help in '08 or '09 when a young D Freemen ran through us in the 2nd half or the other couple times in the playoffs up here, but who knows......I've always had much respect for the Rockets, wings and drinks on me if you come up...  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Thanks for the heads up 'Rocket. Now that Daytona Beach has the championships for the next few years, could be Miami Central on the Bucs home field again. It didn't help in '08 or '09 when a young D Freemen ran through us in the 2nd half or the other couple times in the playoffs up here, but who knows......I've always had much respect for the Rockets, wings and drinks on me if you come up...  

You got it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Each of the three teams played a half game against each other. Mainland overwhelmed the home field Yellow Jackets (ST. A)  25-6 , and edged the reigning Florida large school champions (8A) Jacksonville Mandarin 10-7. Mandarin's starting QB Carson Beck threw for 3,546 yrds and 39 td's last year and was named "MR Football" in Florida. He has a very strong arm , good feet, and throws a beautiful ball. Mainland ate the clock up, cut down on his field time, and stayed in his face....For the 1st time since the 2010 season, Mainland is back in the Northern playoff Bracket. The Miami Monsters of Dade county (Central, Carol City, Northwestern) have knocked the Buccaneers out of the playoffs 7 times in the last 8 years. NO MAS!! ...Armwood here we come...  

I don't think Beck played. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 5/17/2019 at 4:05 AM, Dan in Daytona said:

Thanks for the heads up 'Rocket. Now that Daytona Beach has the championships for the next few years, could be Miami Central on the Bucs home field again. It didn't help in '08 or '09 when a young D Freemen ran through us in the 2nd half or the other couple times in the playoffs up here, but who knows......I've always had much respect for the Rockets, wings and drinks on me if you come up...  

Dont be surprised if it's not Mia central

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 8:13 AM, badbird said:

6A North has no power house teams.  It has some good ones but no great ones.  Columbia, Lee and Mainland would be the favorites to win that.   

Also, Vanguard is no longer in 6A. They moved back down to 5A. Will now have North Marion to contend with in 5A-6. In addition, Vanguard will be visiting Columbia 11/1 which may be for the first time if my memory is correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...