Quantcast
Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Perspective

Regional Finals

Recommended Posts

In looking at the 32 Regional Finals match-ups, I noticed three things of interest:

1.  Only roughly a third of the games (11 of 32, to be precise) will feature a #1 vs. #2 matchup. 

2.  The #1 seed will be playing in about two-thirds of the games (23 of 32).  In the remaining nine regions, the top seed already has been knocked off. 

3.  Three of the Regional Final games will feature a #5 seed, while an impressive six of the games (include two of the 5A games) will see a #6 seed playing for the title.  It will be a tough road for all six of these 6th seeded teams, as each one of them squares off against a #1 seed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on what you posted, overall, the RPI did a decent job of identifying the number 1 seeds. However, a number of 5 and 6 seeds seem to have been underrated by RPI. Equally interesting is that no 7 or 8 seed has made it this far if I am reading your post correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Based on what you posted, overall, the RPI did a decent job of identifying the number 1 seeds. However, a number of 5 and 6 seeds seem to have been underrated by RPI. Equally interesting is that no 7 or 8 seed has made it this far if I am reading your post correctly. 

Problem could have been FHSAA guaranteeing a top four seed to district champions. For instance, in 5A, Region 2, the 3 & 4 seeds were a joke. They should have been the 7 & 8 seeds. District champ should be guaranteed a spot in playoffs, but no way they should be guaranteed a seed in top half of bracket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badbird said:

If a team is 5 or 6 not a district champ but one of the better teams.  How many of those 5 or 6 seeds are facing the team that won the district they were in?  

Good question, but one that would take more time than I have right now to research. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Based on what you posted, overall, the RPI did a decent job of identifying the number 1 seeds. However, a number of 5 and 6 seeds seem to have been underrated by RPI. Equally interesting is that no 7 or 8 seed has made it this far if I am reading your post correctly. 

Darter, you are correct.  No 7's or 8's made it to the finals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Problem could have been FHSAA guaranteeing a top four seed to district champions. For instance, in 5A, Region 2, the 3 & 4 seeds were a joke. They should have been the 7 & 8 seeds. District champ should be guaranteed a spot in playoffs, but no way they should be guaranteed a seed in top half of bracket.

I don't have a problem with making the four district winners within a region the top 4 seeds.  It not only guarantees that a district winner makes the playoffs, but also guarantees them a first round home game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, badbird said:

If a team is 5 or 6 not a district champ but one of the better teams.  How many of those 5 or 6 seeds are facing the team that won the district they were in?  

7A Venice vs Manatee   Manatee won 30-13

6A Charlotte vs Palmetto   Palmetto won 34-0

5A Godby vs Wakulla    Wakulla won 35-25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

7A Venice vs Manatee   Manatee won 30-13

6A Charlotte vs Palmetto   Palmetto won 34-0

5A Godby vs Wakulla    Wakulla won 35-25

I could see one of the three teams that lost the first time around winning this time.  Just don't know which one.  B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...