Quantcast
Jump to content

gatorman-uf

Coaching Changes

Recommended Posts

Openings

  1. Alonso (Tampa) New Head Coach Dylan Clark
  2. American (Hialeah) New Head Coach Demetrius Jackson
  3. American Heritage -Delray Beach New Head Coach Brian Sheridan
  4. Andrew Jackson (Jacksonville) New Head Coach Christopher Foy
  5. Atlantic (Port Orange)
  6. Belen Jesuit (Miami) New Head Coach Don Chaney
  7. Boca Raton
  8. Bronson New Head Coach Russell Holley
  9. Cambridge Christian New Head Coach Chad Walker
  10. Cardinal Newman
  11. Citrus (Inverness) New Head Coach McKinley Franklin
  12. Cypress Bay
  13. Deltona New Head Coach Jeff Smothers
  14. Eastside (Gainesville)
  15. Father Lopez New Head Coach Arin Hankerd 
  16. Fort Walton Beach
  17. Gainesville
  18. Glades Central (Belle Glade)
  19. Hagerty New Head Coach Steve Mikles
  20. Immokalee New Head Coach Johnny Smith
  21. Kathleen (Lakeland) New Head Coach Kenny Strong
  22. Lake Weir New Head Coach Eoghan Cullen
  23. Land O Lakes
  24. Lecanto New Head Coach Wyndall Alexander
  25. Liberty County New Head Coach Greg Jordan
  26. Mariner (Cape Coral)
  27. Master's  Academy (Oviedo) New Head Coach Wes Allen
  28. Matanzas (Palm Coast) New Head Coach Matt Forrest
  29. Miami Beach
  30. Miami Carol City New Head Coach Dorien James
  31. Miami Christian New Head Coach Darrick Carroll
  32. Miami Jackson New Head Coach John Harris
  33. Miami Southridge New Head Coach Tim Neal
  34. Mount Dora
  35. Naples New Head Coach Rick Martin
  36. North Port New Head Coach Billy Huthman
  37. Oviedo New Head Coach DJ Mayo
  38. Pine Forest (Pensacola) New Head Coach Ronnie Douglas
  39. Pine Ridge (Deltona) New Head Coach Sean Washington
  40. Piper (Sunrise)
  41. Plant (Tampa)
  42. Port St. Joe New Head Coach Tanner Jones
  43. Royal Palm Beach New Head Coach Darin DeCosta
  44. South Broward New Head Coach Josh Shapiro
  45. South Miami
  46. Tavares New Head Coach Tim Kraemer
  47. Windermere
  48. West Boca Raton
  49. West Orange
  50. West Port - New Head Coach Steve Rhem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

West Port (Ocala)
Lecanto
Father Lopez
Alonso 
Immokalee

Let me know if I am missing others. 

I don't know if it has been filled quickly, but Oviedo head coach is out of his coaching position at end of season. This happened after hazing accusations involving players sexually abusing other players in locker room (supposedly not the first time this has happened). School tried to handle internally, but after parents objected, police were called in. I believe it is still being investigated by local police. It has been reported that coach is out, but will remain a teacher at Oviedo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HornetFan said:

I don't know if it has been filled quickly, but Oviedo head coach is out of his coaching position at end of season. This happened after hazing accusations involving players sexually abusing other players in locker room (supposedly not the first time this has happened). School tried to handle internally, but after parents objected, police were called in. I believe it is still being investigated by local police. It has been reported that coach is out, but will remain a teacher at Oviedo. 

What, so non-football players can also enjoy being sexually abused under his watch?   I don't think this is what the FHSAA had in mind when they said athletes can't receive 'impermissible benefits' that aren't available to all other kids in the school.  

Hey, I'm willing to withhold judgment and wait until all the facts come out, but if the school determined there was enough evidence to remove him from his coaching position, it would seem there's enough evidence to remove him from his teaching position.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 9:06 AM, Perspective said:

What, so non-football players can also enjoy being sexually abused under his watch?   I don't think this is what the FHSAA had in mind when they said athletes can't receive 'impermissible benefits' that aren't available to all other kids in the school.  

Hey, I'm willing to withhold judgment and wait until all the facts come out, but if the school determined there was enough evidence to remove him from his coaching position, it would seem there's enough evidence to remove him from his teaching position.  

Agree, especially when this supposedly happened under his watch on previous occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American posted on Twitter they will be announcing a hire on Thursday. 

American Heritage Delray decided to move in a different direction from Keith Hindsley, who went 31-25 in five seasons. The school has promoted DC Brian Sheridan. Sheridan has coached NJ HSFB and collegiate ball. Locally, he spent time as DC at Chaminade Madonna and University School ahead of his AHD stint. 

Naples is also open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Oviedo coaching position has been filled by D.J. Mayo, former Port Orange Atlantic Head Coach. Port Orange Atlantic is now open. Former Atlantic DC James Washington is the new Head Coach at Pine Ridge. Former St. Augustine Assistant Coach Matt Forest is new Matanzas Head Coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

The Oviedo coaching position has been filled by D.J. Mayo, former Port Orange Atlantic Head Coach. Port Orange Atlantic is now open. Former Atlantic DC James Washington is the new Head Coach at Pine Ridge. Former St. Augustine Assistant Coach Matt Forest is new Matanzas Head Coach.

DJ Mayo has had like 7 jobs in 10 years.  Hopefully he found a home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...