Large Class State Championships Moving from Daytona

Perspective

Just now, Perspective said:

It was nice while it lasted.   Well, perhaps "nice" is an overstatement.   

FHSAA terminates contract with Daytona to host large classification state football finals.   Looking for a new site.  

Any chance FHSAA hits Orlando up with a late night text?  "Yo, O-town, you up?" 

If what I understand is correct it was Orlando who chose to not place a bid last cycle so idk what would change this year 

Jacksonville hasn't placed a bid, Gainesville hasn't

Tallahassee can hold 1-3a at gene Cox but that stadium too small to hold large school finals

Has Tampa placed a bid lately?

6 minutes ago, Perspective said:

It was nice while it lasted.   Well, perhaps "nice" is an overstatement.   

FHSAA terminates contract with Daytona to host large classification state football finals.   Looking for a new site.  

Any chance FHSAA hits Orlando up with a late night text?  "Yo, O-town, you up?" 

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Tallahassee can hold 1-3a at gene Cox but that stadium too small to hold large school finals

Has Tampa placed a bid lately?

Tampa would be fine by me. Florida State has also hosted in the past, so, one way or the other, they will find a host, if it's not O town!

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Tampa would be fine by me. Florida State has also hosted in the past, so, one way or the other, they will find a host, if it's not O town!

Yeah but my understanding is they don't use Doak Campbell for same reason Ben Hill Griffin isn't used anymore

They tend to avoid using college stadiums because they can't be on campus when school is still in session

I typed up a longer response as to why Tampa doesn't work, but apparently it got lost in cyberspace.  Bottom line:  Tropicana Field (St. Pete) might work.  Raymond James (Bucs stadium in Tampa) won't work because it's natural grass and wouldn't be able to handle 4-5 games over 2 or 3 days during the NFL season. 

Too bad FAU doesn’t host. That’s the only place that makes real sense. Big enough to hold the biggest possible crowd, but small enough to not make it look pathetic when 1-2K show up 

South Florida should always host. They put the most teams in state every year. 

FAU would get good publicity for all the studs playing too. It would let a lot of kids come to their stadium for an unofficial visit. 

8 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Too bad FAU doesn’t host. That’s the only place that makes real sense. Big enough to hold the biggest possible crowd, but small enough to not make it look pathetic when 1-2K show up 

South Florida should always host. They put the most teams in state every year. 

FAU would get good publicity for all the studs playing too. It would let a lot of kids come to their stadium for an unofficial visit. 

Or they could hold it at Bragg which holds over 25k which would be plenty of seats for the state championship

Or if they gonna use a FBS D1 school I would like to see them bring it back to UF, most the better fanbases are in North Florida anyway

Just now, Zoe Boy said:

1-3a still can play up there.. Yup...

My point is SFL fans were complaining about it being too far north but we know what it really was

They were gonna complain about anything that isn't in SFL, if it were up to them it would be held in Traz Powell with SFL refs 

While I wasn't completely in favor of it being held in Tallahassee I did like the idea they were trying to do

1a Should not have been playing in Orlando when it's almost entirely a north Florida classification

2a and 3a probably could have been at Daytona last year and it would have been fine if Daytona was properly equipped to handle the game but it was documented they had several issues at the stadium

17 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

My point is SFL fans were complaining about it being too far north but we know what it really was

They were gonna complain about anything that isn't in SFL, if it were up to them it would be held in Traz Powell with SFL refs 

LMMFAO!!!

5 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

LMMFAO!!!

Anything dealing with down south is a no for you.. Oh Well that drive to Orlando didn’t bother me but I know 1 thing if those games can be in south fla next year , them championships games will be on swoll and will be more votes to accommodate ppl who’s traveling from a distance..

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

Anything dealing with down south is a no for you.. Oh Well that drive to Orlando didn’t bother me but I know 1 thing if those games can be in south fla next year , them championships games will be on swoll and will be more votes to accommodate ppl who’s traveling from a distance..

Only because it's practically a lock that at least one team from SFL will be in every game in 3-8a

I am against the championships being held in such a extreme range from the rest of the state 

Like I don't agree with the idea of baseball being in Fort Myers or softball in Vero Beach (I'm glad softball got moved to Clermont)

It's not fair to expect fans from north Florida who's team isn't even in the game to drive that far to watch it and we all know the better fanbases are in North Florida because SFL only supports the programs who win

Ik when softball was looking to be having a shot at state and it was all way down at Vero I was having a hard time trying to figure out how the hell I would even get down there, at least when we didn't make it I didn't have to stress over trying to go because I had no interest finding a ride that far down if my team wasn't even playing in it

I had interest in going to Daytona this year regardless of how Columbia did but if it's in SFL there ain't no way I'm gonna do that

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Come on, man, you would have to. If you couldn't make it back to Lake City you could crash by my sister's on a sofa bed. 

If I was able to get down there getting back wouldn't be the issue since I would just ride back with whoever I rode down there from Lake City with 

But going all the way to SFL would put me in a rough spot because I only know one person I ride with to games for football as of last year and idk if he would want to drive that far because it would be tough trying to make it back that late at night and I'm no where near experienced enough to drive that far south 

Plus with the way things have been with me and the school lately I have been trying to keep a distance from the people at the school, one thing that helped when I was at softball this year was nobody from the school was even out there (or if they were I never saw them in the bullpen where they normally stand) so it was a relief to not have people around who clearly don't want me around