Quantcast
Jump to content

Treasure Coast vs Vero beach


Recommended Posts

The battle of the two best teams on the Treasure Coast and surrounding area takes place this Friday. TC brings in the highest scoring offense in the area(45 points per game) while Vero brings in the best defense in the area(allowing only 3 points on average per game)( on average Vero is scoring 38 points per game).These two teams provide a classic battle every year with plenty of D1 talent. Both teams are currently undefeated and Vero is still on its 64 regular season games winning streak!

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, roygod said:

The battle of the two best teams on the Treasure Coast and surrounding area takes place this Friday. TC brings in the highest scoring offense in the area(45 points per game) while Vero brings in the best defense in the area(allowing only 3 points on average per game).These two teams provide a classic battle every year with plenty of D1 talent. Both teams are currently undefeated and Vero is still on its 64 regular season games winning streak!

Where they playing at?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2020 at 7:52 PM, roygod said:

The battle of the two best teams on the Treasure Coast and surrounding area takes place this Friday. TC brings in the highest scoring offense in the area(45 points per game) while Vero brings in the best defense in the area(allowing only 3 points on average per game)( on average Vero is scoring 38 points per game).These two teams provide a classic battle every year with plenty of D1 talent. Both teams are currently undefeated and Vero is still on its 64 regular season games winning streak!

If Vero doesn’t at least win their region this year they need to move on from Coach Jankowski. He constantly out coaches himself in the playoffs and preaches the regular season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

If Vero doesn’t at least win their region this year they need to move on from Coach Jankowski. He constantly out coaches himself in the playoffs and preaches the regular season. 

Miami palmetto is loaded and would definitely be the favorites over Vero Beach atm

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Miami palmetto is loaded and would definitely be the favorites over Vero Beach atm

That’s true. I hope everyone on this board has been staying healthy and well. I still don’t believe high schools should be playing football but I guess it is what it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

That’s true. I hope everyone on this board has been staying healthy and well. I still don’t believe high schools should be playing football but I guess it is what it is.

I felt the same and honestly it's worst now then it was in the spring and I do feel if it was any sport other than football then fall would have been cancelled like spring, ik some on here want to put wax in the ears and pretend otherwise but I know they felt other sports are expendable unlike football

 

Though currently I wear a mask and shield and I got a media pass for the sideline so I'm ensuring I keep a distance the entire game so that makes me feel better about going, if It wasn't for that I would stay home 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

If Vero doesn’t at least win their region this year they need to move on from Coach Jankowski. He constantly out coaches himself in the playoffs and preaches the regular season. 

I have to step in here a minute.  Jankowski is an offensive genius...and if he would ever move on it would be to a major college program.  

I think he wants to line up correctly too.  \

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I have to step in here a minute.  Jankowski is an offensive genius...and if he would ever move on it would be to a major college program.  

I think he wants to line up correctly too.  \

If he’s such an offensive genius then why has Vero only scored a combined 14 points in their past 2 playoff losses? Jankowski is a complete tool. He schedules cupcakes in the regular season and then wonders why his teams underperform when the playoffs come. They haven’t won their region in 22 years and their last state championship came 39 years ago. The regular season is all they have to brag about. Maybe if Coach J grew a spine and scheduled either IMG or a strong South Florida team like STA or Miami Central, Vero would be better equipped for the speed and physicality that teams like Dr. Phillips and Deerfield bring. It’s a shame. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

If he’s such an offensive genius then why has Vero only scored a combined 14 points in their past 2 playoff losses? Jankowski is a complete tool. He schedules cupcakes in the regular season and then wonders why his teams underperform when the playoffs come. They haven’t won their region in 22 years and their last state championship came 39 years ago. The regular season is all they have to brag about. Maybe if Coach J grew a spine and scheduled either IMG or a strong South Florida team like STA or Miami Central, Vero would be better equipped for the speed and physicality that teams like Dr. Phillips and Deerfield bring. It’s a shame. 

Here you go again, knocking Vero Beach. You think it might be because  Vero kicked Venice's arse 42-20. Doe's this mean,you think Venice is a cupcake team that Vero scheduled? Any coach that schedules IMG  or STA knowing their recruiting practice's needs their head examined. Those teams are morale busters, not measuring sticks.Our playoff loses come in the 3rd round of the playoff's,which in itself is quite an accomplishment.And without a doubt coach Jankowski is a offensive genius!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, roygod said:

Here you go again, knocking Vero Beach. You think it might be because  Vero kicked Venice's arse 42-20. Doe's this mean,you think Venice is a cupcake team that Vero scheduled? Any coach that schedules IMG  or STA knowing their recruiting practice's needs their head examined. Those teams are morale busters, not measuring sticks.Our playoff loses come in the 3rd round of the playoff's,which in itself is quite an accomplishment.And without a doubt coach Jankowski is a offensive genius!

Did I even mention Venice in my post? Here you go again living in the past, a game that happened over two years ago is all you have to hold on to. Schools don’t actually “recruit”, whatever that’s supposed to mean. Kids want to go to those schools because they know they have the best chances of getting scholarships or getting into college by attending them. Playing them is a measuring stick because it exposes the areas you need to work on as a coaching staff. You don’t get better playing sorry ass Martin county and Sebastian River. Vero scored only 7 points at home in their last playoff loss which is quite pitiful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Did I even mention Venice in my post? Here you go again living in the past, a game that happened over two years ago is all you have to hold on to. Schools don’t actually “recruit”, whatever that’s supposed to mean. Kids want to go to those schools because they know they have the best chances of getting scholarships or getting into college by attending them. Playing them is a measuring stick because it exposes the areas you need to work on as a coaching staff. You don’t get better playing sorry ass Martin county and Sebastian River. Vero scored only 7 points at home in their last playoff loss which is quite pitiful. 

Just remember, you started this argument with your negative comments about Vero Beach and our great coach. Then you said "Did I even mention Venice in my post?"" you might want to look at you login icon! We don't play Sebastian River even though I wish we did.As far as recruiting practices, what I ment is exactly what you said. Let's stop this exchange, as we both have good teams and programs!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to recognize the job Coach Irvin Johnson has done at Treasure Coast. Coach Johnson and his staff has done an amazing job turning that program into what it is today. I guess my old comment of "coaching is overrated" can truly be challenged now. LOL. That staff has completely changed the culture of the Treasure Coast program during his 10+ years there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Just A Coach said:

I just want to recognize the job Coach Irvin Johnson has done at Treasure Coast. Coach Johnson and his staff has done an amazing job turning that program into what it is today. I guess my old comment of "coaching is overrated" can truly be challenged now. LOL. That staff has completely changed the culture of the Treasure Coast program during his 10+ years there. 

Coaching > Talent any day. That’s why they tell you not to bet against Bill Belichick. Any team can be beaten, even with a disparity among talent. You just have to have a competent coaching staff, and players who are willing to work hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Coaching > Talent any day. That’s why they tell you not to bet against Bill Belichick. Any team can be beaten, even with a disparity among talent. You just have to have a competent coaching staff, and players who are willing to work hard. 

Something 1a football lacks. Again madison might not blow out them schools on this title run. But they will not allow many points.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Coaching > Talent any day. That’s why they tell you not to bet against Bill Belichick. Any team can be beaten, even with a disparity among talent. You just have to have a competent coaching staff, and players who are willing to work hard. 

I get what your saying but coaching>talent at the high school level is more the exception than the rule in most cases. Talent wins more often than not. Coach Johnson and his staff at Treasure Coast has plenty of talent and great coaching. The last few years they have inched closer and closer to closing the gap with Vero. This year they busted through that gap (no pun intended). They stayed consistent in their approach and it finally paid off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...