Quantcast
Jump to content

WHAT THE HECK iS REALLY GOING ON WITH BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS??!?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

About time STA played Northwestern! They’re gonna get crushed like a soda can, and I'm all for it! 

I don’t know now, as talented as MNW is they struggle with well coached teams EX...img ...& Lowndes 

I can see the raiders beating them & it’s possible for the bulls to win to, but MNW is playing STA at the right time the first game of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s nothing I can really say that DarterBlue hasn’t already put magnificently. One thing I can tell you, though, is that there is more incentive to go to an STA or American Heritage, than there is

Stop talking about that y’all beat trinity 10 years ago it won’t happen now  and trinity gets maybe two transfers each season .... soo idk what u are talking about  Plus I was making a compa

A few years ago we kind of briefly touched on this topic, but I really had to go look at the numbers to see just How Frequently Broward county (PUBLIC) Schools actually hoist the FHSAA trophy in footb

6 hours ago, HornetFan said:

IMG is a much different team now also; it's a nationally ranked team that recruits talent from all over the country. There's no need for them to beat up on locally recruited teams like Dillard. IMG has nothing to gain from a game with Dillard.

To be amongst or be the best you have to play the best I would love to play img again but hey we’re in a district with STA now so we’re getting a top 5 national school on a silver platter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I don’t know now, as talented as MNW is they struggle with well coached teams EX...img ...& Lowndes 

I can see the raiders beating them & it’s possible for the bulls to win to, but MNW is playing STA at the right time the first game of the season.

Lowndes yes

 

IMG? No 

 

 

MNW lost that one because they couldn't go 2 plays without getting a flag on them, coaching had nothing to do with that win and there's nothing impressive about a team that loaded winning barely against good teams when they are supposed to be a JUCO team who can't lose to high school teams like people on here claim they are 

 

I COULD COACH IMG TO AN UNDEFEATED SEASON! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2021 at 12:04 PM, smashmouth80 said:

I've heard the same stories about the privates. Now the validity of them is up in the air, probably on both ends. In Duval a lot has to do with the coaching. In my opinion it has not been on par with the rest of the state. Trinity and Bolles have good staffs. So tons of kids will want to go there. 

Lol everything I said is out the window now I just found out TCA got way more transferS

4star ath cam Miller from Fernandina 

3star ath kyree  Hammond from Raines 

3star ath Keaton Thomas from bolles 

Shaun Davis 6’4 330 lb OG from ribault

And also Ed white and ridgeviews best line men both around the 6’3 300 range when I find there names I will post it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

What a great outlook to have. “We can’t compete with them because we’re not good enough”. That will instill confidence In your players, without a doubt. :unsure:

I may be wrong, but I think that I remember seeing Venice play IMG on ESPN two seasons ago and it was a game that should not have been played. Venice fought bravely, but the difference in talent levels and depth said the game should not have been scheduled.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

To be amongst or be the best you have to play the best I would love to play img again but hey we’re in a district with STA now so we’re getting a top 5 national school on a silver platter. 

Careful what you wish for. I recall Saint Francis (Maryland/DC) playing MC a couple of seasons ago and SFA treated them like a red headed step child; it was pitiful. The wannabes rarely rise to the occasion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Lowndes yes

 

IMG? No 

 

 

MNW lost that one because they couldn't go 2 plays without getting a flag on them, coaching had nothing to do with that win and there's nothing impressive about a team that loaded winning barely against good teams when they are supposed to be a JUCO team who can't lose to high school teams like people on here claim they are 

 

I COULD COACH IMG TO AN UNDEFEATED SEASON! 

You do know MNW lost to img 24-7 in 2019 then 34-7 in 2018.

both years MNW & IMG was ranked nationally, & if you’re gonna talk about recruits then img isn’t the only school guilty you think teams like Miami central and Miami northwestern get nationally ranked just by within the zone talent ?? No they recruit and make local super teams.

and I don’t want this topic to get locked so ima stay on topic, all in all teams like iMG & STA because of their resources can go the extra mile with getting talent for their rosters, but if any public school do the same thing to any type of degree can they really complain ?

do you think regular schools that don’t get a boat load of transfers and 4 & 5 star recruits think the playing feel is fair when they have to line up against them knowing their at a disadvantage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Careful what you wish for. I recall Saint Francis (Maryland/DC) playing MC a couple of seasons ago and SFA treated them like a red headed step child; it was pitiful. The wannabes rarely rise to the occasion.

I watched that game, and hey if you’re Miami central and you boast about being the best and you create super teams to blow through your county and state, why not play against a team who just as recruited as you and see how u really match up and we saw what happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I watched that game, and hey if you’re Miami central and you boast about being the best and you create super teams to blow through your county and state, why not play against a team who just as recruited as you and see how u really match up and we saw what happen.

They got bitch-slapped up and down the field by SFA. They're probably still laughing in DC whenever South Florida HS football is mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

MNW lost that one because they couldn't go 2 plays without getting a flag on them, coaching had nothing to do with that win and there's nothing impressive about a team that loaded

I COULD COACH IMG TO AN UNDEFEATED SEASON! 

That's nothing but your blind hatred for IMG talking.

If you are really good enough to coach there, you are good enough to coach "anywhere" in America.

And where do you coach again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

That's nothing but your blind hatred for IMG talking.

If you are really good enough to coach there, you are good enough to coach "anywhere" in America.

And where do you coach again?

Who needs to be a great coach to take a bunch of 5 stars and gameplan them against regular high school teams 

 

And you ain't had any credibility since you spent a full year trying to make Lake Wales into a powerhouse while playing the weakest schedule in Polk County only for the first real team they played to obliterate them 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

You do know MNW lost to img 24-7 in 2019 then 34-7 in 2018.

both years MNW & IMG was ranked nationally, & if you’re gonna talk about recruits then img isn’t the only school guilty you think teams like Miami central and Miami northwestern get nationally ranked just by within the zone talent ?? No they recruit and make local super teams.

and I don’t want this topic to get locked so ima stay on topic, all in all teams like iMG & STA because of their resources can go the extra mile with getting talent for their rosters, but if any public school do the same thing to any type of degree can they really complain ?

do you think regular schools that don’t get a boat load of transfers and 4 & 5 star recruits think the playing feel is fair when they have to line up against them knowing their at a disadvantage. 

I have never heard anyone like Miami Central complain about teams like SFA or IMG out matching them if that's what you saying

 

When they take those games they know what they walking into 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Who needs to be a great coach to take a bunch of 5 stars and gameplan them against regular high school teams 

 

And you ain't had any credibility since you spent a full year trying to make Lake Wales into a powerhouse while playing the weakest schedule in Polk County only for the first real team they played to obliterate them 

Seems to Me you’re not a fan of high school teams who heavily get recruits or transfers & become a local all star team.

which is ok, but to be fair that means you shouldn’t respect nor be a fan of the following 

chaminade 

STA

AHP

CARDINAL GIBBONS 

MNW

MC

BOOKER T (In their hay day)

LAKELAND

EDGE-WATER (recently)

and etc........

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

That's nothing but your blind hatred for IMG talking.

If you are really good enough to coach there, you are good enough to coach "anywhere" in America.

And where do you coach again?

And your not talking with anything but a clueless Lake Wales fanboy who thinks he knows everything

 

You barely sound intelligent arguing with Polk county teams after your constantly blundering but you want to talk about my credibility? Even with the same SFL source you can't even come across with 1/10th of the credibility I can 

 

That's the problem on this board, people have all the sarcasm and second rate comebacks to fill a solar system but so few can actually justify their comments and just rely on inaccurate stereotypes from people in the stands who haven't done a minute of research to fill their argument

 

It's the same people who whine about private schools stealing players while you got publics schools getting 20 transfers and nobody says a damn thing about it because it doesn't fit their half-ass agenda

 

Where's that credibility bud?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Seems to Me you’re not a fan of high school teams who heavily get recruits or transfers & become a local all star team.

which is ok, but to be fair that means you shouldn’t respect nor be a fan of the following 

chaminade 

STA

AHP

CARDINAL GIBBONS 

MNW

MC

BOOKER T (In their hay day)

LAKELAND

EDGE-WATER (recently)

and etc........

With those teams included I could probably come up with 50 or more teams who get as many if not more than the most if not all the teams listed 

 

I just don't agree with scapegoating STA, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons without also torching the public schools who get as many if not more than them and in reality people don't bash those teams because they get transfers 

 

They get bashed because people are jealous of their success

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

With those teams included I could probably come up with 50 or more teams who get as many of not more than the most if not all the teams listed 

 

I just don't agree with scapegoating STA, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons without also torching the public schools who get as many if not more than them and in reality people don't bash those teams because they get transfers 

 

They get bashed because people are jealous of their success

How i feel what’s not good for the goose shouldn’t be good for the gander of private schools get bashed for recruiting and heavy transfers, then public schools shouldn’t get a past either. 
 

like it or not all these transfers and recruits have become a problem and a lot of schools are suffering because of it. 
 

if you’re gonna recruit and create all star teams? Fine but in my opinion all those teams should be in their own league/classification. 
 

how can you really boast about winning a state championship by 30-40 points when the level of playing field wasn’t even fair to begin with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

How i feel what’s not good for the goose shouldn’t be good for the gander of private schools get bashed for recruiting and heavy transfers, then public schools shouldn’t get a past either. 
 

like it or not all these transfers and recruits have become a problem and a lot of schools are suffering because of it. 
 

if you’re gonna recruit and create all star teams? Fine but in my opinion all those teams should be in their own league/classification. 
 

how can you really boast about winning a state championship by 30-40 points when the level of playing field wasn’t even fair to begin with. 

Which is all well and good but how do you police it and see who are recruiting when one part of the state is open with transfers and the other does everything to cover it up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HornetFan said:

I may be wrong, but I think that I remember seeing Venice play IMG on ESPN two seasons ago and it was a game that should not have been played. Venice fought bravely, but the difference in talent levels and depth said the game should not have been scheduled.  

And how many schools that play against IMG can say that they kept the score within 17 points? The whole point of playing them is to be used as a measuring stick to expose any flaws you have as a program. Northwestern should have beaten them last year, but they don’t have the coaching to overcome adversity the way other teams do. IMG doesn’t fill their schedule with all of these all-star teams like Mater Dei and SFA in every single week. They’ve played plenty of playoff-contending public schools over the years, such as Dillard, Venice, Miami Northwestern, Edgewater, and even Central. Sure, only Central can say they’ve kept the score within 14 in their one occasion of playing them. However, the crux of my post is that playing them helps to prepare a team for what they may see come playoff time. The incessant hatred for IMG on this board needs to stop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Posts

    • I can get behind some version of this idea. Want to transfer to a school you're not zoned for? Show a minimum G.P.A., or state an interest in a program available at the desired school that's not available at the current school. If both schools offer football, then football can't be the reason for transfer.  Of course, the "equity" monsters would fight it vigorously.
    • And something like this could probably only work, if at all, with the larger counties. Although I'd love to see the look on Jesse's face when the Madison County District School Board designates James Madison Preparatory High School (the only other public high school in the County other than Madison Co. H.S.) as the Magnet Football School. 
    • And what self-respecting school and athletic department wants to be considered a "have not"?  I don't think it would ever pass the smell test' but you're thinking outside the box; that's good. 
    • "Just once I would like to see a couple of these kids say that they are transferring to another school due to the other school having a better academic rating" I hope that you're not holding your breath waiting for that to happen.  I would love to see the FHSAA put an academic requirement on all transfers wanting to participate in athletics at the new school; say a 3.0 or a 3.5 cumulative GPA verified by the former school, or in lieu of that, a waiver by the previous school allowing the transferring student to play immediately. The only exceptions would be either (1) the student transferring as a result of his/her family physically moving to the new school's zone and the family establishing permanent residency there, (2) transferring from a private high school to his/her new school's zone where the family has established permanent residency, or (3) transferring to a private high school with eligibility based upon meeting the GPA requirement listed above. 
    • Just once I would like to see a couple of these kids say that they are transferring to another school due to the other school having a better academic rating with the fans praising them for declaring it.  Something that was the main intention behind the legislature passing the transfer ruling. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...