Jax. Trinity Christian Saga

Joshua Wilson

Since TCA beat Providence, that win is also forfeited so If TCA beats Episcopal tonight its a 3 way tie in a 3 team district. Duval Charter dropped out of FHSAA before TCA played them so that dropped the teams to 3 in the district. So TCA will be the 3 seed going into Monday night barring a Episcopal comeback tonight from 44 to 7 down with a running clock.

JaxTCA will be fine in the shootout and they'll go on to Orlando from there. Nothing to see here outside of a bump in the road.

Bump in the road indeed and could become the first team in the history of the FHSAA Football Playoffs to win a state championship with a losing record. I am able to confirm this with Richard Burton has done research on the playoffs in the state. 

So what happened IMG ratted them out? Lol just kidding, but wow sucks for TCA.

I'll go out on a limb here with the timing of all of this and say that TCA were likely ratted out but more likely "tipped off" that they were about to be ratted out.  The timing of it all with TCA  just making the deadline and  "self-reporting " to the FHSAA likely allowed pre-negotiating with the FHSAA that would  force TCA to forfeit all previous games and allow them to start a new slate and still knowing they would be alive, take care of Episcopal School of Jacksonville and get back on track to Orlando like nothing ever happened.  The timing of it is just too coincidental  when it gives just enough time right up to the last minute to make things right for a path to states.   After TCA likely goes on to win in Orlando this will all be a slap on the wrist for a 2 win overall that went 1 win in their District and went on to states.  If TCA REALLY, HONESTLY felt responsible for their actions, you would think they would have more class than that....- ahh - the Christian way. .....

The FHSAA must think we are all a bunch of morons to eat this up.   It is the equivalent of a life insurance con-artist being allowed to pick up their scam $ ( for admitting their wrongdoing)  , give it to whom they wish, and then serve their time.  There is essentially no consequences other then an ugly W/L record.  Any program would gladly give that up for a state championship any day of the week.

Good post, Broward. I agree with you. They were about to be ratted out and came clean in the nick of time, so as to speak.

I do have two comments, though. First, it is not clear they win state. They have looked vulnerable this year, and there are some good teams in 3a that have a chance of taking them down. Second, given  they are a private school, I assume the infraction was to use an overage player, as the privates can pretty much recruit whomever they wish from whatever part of the county or for that matter, state. It should be interesting to hear which player was involved and what the actual infraction was. 

Broward and Darter:  What occurred in this situation at TCJax is not what you are describing in any way,shape or fashion. It's actually unfortunate that these assumption were made.  I spoke directly with administration yesterday (and local media outlets are now reporting the same thing) about the issue and here are the facts.  A home school defensive lineman's parents had apparently listed a wrong date on paperwork submitted for the player when he began the home school process. When TCJax was submitting the roster for the upcoming playoffs, the eligibility for this player was rejected by the FHSAA computer based on this clerical error by the parents.  TCJax immediately contacted the State to confirm that the error was, in fact, and error and that the rejection of eligibility was accurate. When it was confirmed by the FHSAA that the date listed originally by parents is what caused the player to be ineligible, TCJax immediately began the self reporting process that resulted in the forfeiture of all games to that point. TCJax did the right thing in this situation by self reporting the violation on the day they discovered it.  I know the head coach of TCJax well, and know that TCJax strives to run a program that conforms to the FHSAA guidelines. In fact, the principal of TCJax has served on the FHSAA appeals board for years. This is not what you have described  in any way and I wanted you guys to know the facts of what was behind the forfeiture of games. TCJax now will need to win Monday night just to get into the playoffs..... crazy year.