Jump to content

Cocoa playing their toughest game Week 2


KeemD321
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

They might have some Peter Griffins on their O-line but being huge doesn't guarantee that the O-line will hold up against Cocoa's front four. Our offensive line last year struggled to block them when they lined up in-tight instead of in 4-man even gaps, generating pressure on nearly a quarter of Venice's total offensive snaps. And that might have been our best front line in school history! My feeling is that although STA might have some big runs in the game, Cocoa will be disciplined enough to stop them from running wild and create enough plays to force a few punts from Aquinas. If they become undisciplined and create senseless penalties, they will not be able to stop STA's offense and will sell the game away. None of my rhetoric means that STA will automatically win the game, though. The Tigers are going to make them work for it.

Cocoa should be solid in the defensive backfield again next season. Which this past season they had one of the top passing defenses in the state. They will dare STA to pass just like they did with Gibbons. So it's up to them to stop STA from running it down their throat. They are definitely capable of making it happen but will they be able to keep it up consistently. But it also benefits them to have that game early in the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Cocoa actually had pretty decent size on their offensive line and a couple big boys that would come in on the DLine. At the end of the day Cocoa and Rockledge are known for having speed, finesse, agility and heart on defense.

Madison is known for elite running backs. Big offensive line,  super physical play.  And the x factor.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Madison is known for elite running backs. Big offensive line,  super physical play.  And the x factor.  

What's the x factor? Wait first what does this have to do with the original subject matter or the discussion we were having at hand? Now back to this X factor......where was that x factor when Madison hosted Cocoa in the semifinals?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Cocoa should be solid in the defensive backfield again next season. Which this past season they had one of the top passing defenses in the state. They will dare STA to pass just like they did with Gibbons. So it's up to them to stop STA from running it down their throat. They are definitely capable of making it happen but will they be able to keep it up consistently. But it also benefits them to have that game early in the season.

I agree with everything you said, until the last sentence or 2. I know that it’s hard to detect sarcasm on the internet but I don’t like that you think Cocoa might not be able to keep pace offensive early, making it seem as if Cocoa has already lost 5 months before the game is even played. They certainly will have the firepower to do it, especially if Ross and Turner are returning. You guys should know that you have as good a shot as anyone else that Aquinas has scheduled thus far to knock them off.

Ryan Schneider is a great coach and as you said, was the OC at STA for several years; indicating that he has inside knowledge of the Raiders’ program that will assist them when it comes time to watch game film for Aquinas. I know that this contest isn’t being played in Week 1 but I believe that this game deserved the ESPN spotlight more than IMG vs Venice. IMG is going to beat us like a drum unless something spectacular happens. But you guys have a real chance at coming away with a victory against one of the top ranked teams in the nation, and in their own stadium to boot! I know I usually root for South Florida and am a bit of a homer but this time I’ll shed my bias and root for the Tigers to bring the victory home.

Go Tigers!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I agree with everything you said, until the last sentence or 2. I know that it’s hard to detect sarcasm on the internet but I don’t like that you think Cocoa might not be able to keep pace offensive early, making it seem as if Cocoa has already lost 5 months before the game is even played. They certainly will have the firepower to do it, especially if Ross and Turner are returning. You guys should know that you have as good a shot as anyone else that Aquinas has scheduled thus far to knock them off.

Ryan Schneider is a great coach and as you said, was the OC at STA for several years; indicating that he has inside knowledge of the Raiders’ program that will assist them when it comes time to watch game film for Aquinas. I know that this contest isn’t being played in Week 1 but I believe that this game deserved the ESPN spotlight more than IMG vs Venice. IMG is going to beat us like a drum unless something spectacular happens. But you guys have a real chance at coming away with a victory against one of the top ranked teams in the nation, and in their own stadium to boot! I know I usually root for South Florida and am a bit of a homer but this time I’ll shed my bias and root for the Tigers to bring the victory home.

Go Tigers!

 

Cocoa's offense is definitely capable. Ross is graduating and the top receivers are gone too. Along with the QB who is headed to UCF  as a PWO. But the QB of the future will be sophomore with a cannon of an arm. Only question mark is rb. The receivers that will be there have speed and height as well with one being 6'5. Defense will be solid as always. I see it being a great game. Honestly looking forward to seeing what Rockledge schedule looks like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2022 at 5:25 PM, Jesse said:

Nah they can't beat a college 

Yeah looking at some of the comments here I dont think people realize that teams like STA are truly junior college level teams or, in the case of IMG/Mater Dei/SFA/SJB, young D1 college teams.  They are truly super HS all star teams and even the best public schools will struggle against them.  It's just not a level playing field with their scholarships, incredible facilities, coaching and accommodating class schedules.  The class schedules are the thing people dont often know about with these private schools. Private schools dont have to play by the same rules as public schools so they can create very college like class schedule for their players.  How do you think IMG can have multiple meetings, workouts and practice each day?   How do you think not a single player ever becomes academically ineligible?   

Anyway, my point is not to criticize private schools but rather just place them into an advantaged category and they should just go play themselves and stay out of the public school schedules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but with teams like STA, Venice and Cocoa, it's premature to do any predicting at this time, because none of us have any idea what the makeup of those teams is going to look like in the fall.  I would go out on a limb and bet the MadCo farm that each one of those teams will have at least three starters come August that weren't even on their campus in February. 

I'm not making any accusations as to how those players will make their way to those schools (at least not in this post), but all three of those schools will gain players between now and August.   Only then will we be able to predict with any confidence who will beat whom. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Yeah looking at some of the comments here I dont think people realize that teams like STA are truly junior college level teams or, in the case of IMG/Mater Dei/SFA/SJB, young D1 college teams.  They are truly super HS all star teams and even the best public schools will struggle against them.  It's just not a level playing field with their scholarships, incredible facilities, coaching and accommodating class schedules.  The class schedules are the thing people dont often know about with these private schools. Private schools dont have to play by the same rules as public schools so they can create very college like class schedule for their players.  How do you think IMG can have multiple meetings, workouts and practice each day?   How do you think not a single player ever becomes academically ineligible?   

Anyway, my point is not to criticize private schools but rather just place them into an advantaged category and they should just go play themselves and stay out of the public school schedules.

All powerful points that are easy to verify.  But as repeatedly has been stated, the state legislature has rules that specifically prohibit that (public vs private) as a viable solution.  Until someone can get in their ear and reverse that ruling we are stuck in this mess which leads to more animosity, finger pointing and idiotic conspiracy theories from the blabbering opponents.  The most vociferous tend to represent teams that historically have been weak, currently are weak and will continue to be weak unless the rules are changed for them to play in weak divisions for a title which would give them a "SENSE of ACCOMPLISHMENT".  Guess I just wasn't raised with that mindset thus my resistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Cocoa's offense is definitely capable. Ross is graduating and the top receivers are gone too. Along with the QB who is headed to UCF  as a PWO. But the QB of the future will be sophomore with a cannon of an arm. Only question mark is rb. The receivers that will be there have speed and height as well with one being 6'5. Defense will be solid as always. I see it being a great game. Honestly looking forward to seeing what Rockledge schedule looks like.

Do you guys have Rockledge scheduled as usual?  Do you think that would be an excellent opponent for us in lieu of playing Cocoa?:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Do you guys have Rockledge scheduled as usual?  Do you think that would be an excellent opponent for us in lieu of playing Cocoa?:D

Rockledge and Cocoa is an annual game due to the fact that Rockledge was Cocoa high before the split. Rockledge will definitely be an excellent opponent with a great QB and the top receiver in the county to go along with the best returning defense in Brevard other than Cocoa. Rockledge defense was very young so they're play next season should be on another level. What hurt them last season was not having a true backup QB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

So it looks like Rockledge and Cocoa both have really good QBs. Rockledge's QB is more proven with game experience. Cocoa's is a rising Sophmore with a cannon. So far he has the third longest javelin thrown in nation and second in the state overall this track and field season.

Sounds like both have nowhere to go but up. That’s good news for Cocoa, and bad news for the rest of 2A! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2022 at 12:23 PM, KeemD321 said:

I doubt that honestly. Cocoa's coach is STA former OC so there's the connection and one of the reasons why this game is happening. Secondly what makes you think this an easy blowout win for STA? Did you not see what Cocoa and many Brevard teams accomplished last season?

He's just tryin to jerk your chain... Jealousy is an ugly demon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2022 at 12:34 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Do you guys have Rockledge scheduled as usual?  Do you think that would be an excellent opponent for us in lieu of playing Cocoa?:D

Yes, the Rock comes in with the same mind set as Cocoa... anyone, anywhere. The Bar-B-Que bowl (cocoa - rockledge) is usually a great game since Wayne took over as HC. Wayne was a championship QB at Cocoa 10 or so years ago. He knows how to fire up his players and get the most from the few good athlete's that don't transfer to Cocoa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Yes, the Rock comes in with the same mind set as Cocoa... anyone, anywhere. The Bar-B-Que bowl (cocoa - rockledge) is usually a great game since Wayne took over as HC. Wayne was a championship QB at Cocoa 10 or so years ago. He knows how to fire up his players and get the most from the few good athlete's that don't transfer to Cocoa.

Looks like Rockledge has pulled in more from Viera and got Eddie Combs from Satellite. Should be the favorite to win district and make a deep playoff run. Could this be the season Cocoa and Rockledge both make it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Yes, the Rock comes in with the same mind set as Cocoa... anyone, anywhere. The Bar-B-Que bowl (cocoa - rockledge) is usually a great game since Wayne took over as HC. Wayne was a championship QB at Cocoa 10 or so years ago. He knows how to fire up his players and get the most from the few good athlete's that don't transfer to Cocoa.

Without a doubt, they showed us that a few years back when we played them a couple of times.  Hope it happens as I understand that same week 5 they are trying to unwind a prior commitment to hook up with us.  Keeping our fingers crossed as it will be a terrific challenge for us.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Cocoa at Seminole game is officially back on. Guess Cocoa already had a week 3 opponent. So they are playing Seminole week 7 now. Also Cocoa schedule is set other than Week 1. With their district they have a grand total of 7 Brevard opponents on the schedule.

That's great news. Going to be a great game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LetsGo said:

You know nothing about either teams current roster… educate yourself before you continue to embarrass yourself with these post… Cocoa returns their entire defense 

I still like st thomas big, buddy cocoa can have whoever it's a big loss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...