Untimely Break

561_Fan

Clewiston backed out of their game with Pahokee (homecoming) on Oct. 21 because they need to makeup district games (hurricane Ian cancellations). Now Pahokee has 3 consecutive byes 10/14, 10/22, and 10/28 before the season finale against Glades Central (Muck Bowl). 

This could be a blessing or curse, hopefully Pahokee can find a replacement game.

Per my AD. FHSAA is allowing hurricane and storm (rain and lightning issues form earlier this season) play after week 11 to make up games on a case by case basis. Our game this Friday vs North Port is being moved to week 12. FHSAA said if we still win enough to play a bowl game we will still be allowed to in week 13. The only problem I see is finding a team that is comparable that will play week 13. We have reached out to someone. Waiting on a reply. 

11 hours ago, Beek said:

Per my AD. FHSAA is allowing hurricane and storm (rain and lightning issues form earlier this season) play after week 11 to make up games on a case by case basis. Our game this Friday vs North Port is being moved to week 12. FHSAA said if we still win enough to play a bowl game we will still be allowed to in week 13. The only problem I see is finding a team that is comparable that will play week 13. We have reached out to someone. Waiting on a reply. 

You’ve reached out to someone to play a bowl game week 13?

12 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

You’ve reached out to someone to play a bowl game week 13?

yes. No reply yet.They are trying to determine if bowl eligible, and not in district play, if they would want to continue their season. This team on any other year would jump to play us.  Fhsaa is apparently going to let this happen this year. Again per my AD. 

13 hours ago, Beek said:

yes. No reply yet.They are trying to determine if bowl eligible, and not in district play, if they would want to continue their season. This team on any other year would jump to play us.  Fhsaa is apparently going to let this happen this year. Again per my AD. 

Check out Windermere Prep. They are an independent team I believe and will have 5 wins at the end. Plus they are close in proximity. 

Update:  North Port canceled on us today. We had waited on them to reschedule and had everything worked out to play Monday 24th. Unfortunately they could not get referees. 

So, we are looking for an 11th hour game for next Monday. We have a couple of teams that are checking. 

14 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

The Eagles should step out of their comfort zone and play a team like Riverview or Manatee. Preparing for teams like that will make you better. You have to run before you can fly!

No, the Eagles need to be realistic and focus on what they want to accomplish for this particular season to instill  confidence and pride in their kids.  As coach seems to think, playing someone they know they have no chance against isn't STEPPING OUT OF THEIR COMFORT ZONE but rather just plain dumb.

11 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

No, the Eagles need to be realistic and focus on what they want to accomplish for this particular season to instill  confidence and pride in their kids.  As coach stated, playing someone, they know they have no chance against isn't STEPPING OUT OF THEIR COMFORT ZONE but rather just plain dumb.

Poinciana has the talent to play with a lot of teams in the state, they lack up front their line is just not on the level to play top 100 football 

now as far as their county goes playing St. cloud will be a good statement to slate Poinciana in the top half of their county

Watching many teams play in the county Poinciana has great playmakers, has a very talented QB maybe the best in the county, although some will claim tohos QB he's a kid and has played even worse teams than Poinciana much of the season

22 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

No, the Eagles need to be realistic and focus on what they want to accomplish for this particular season to instill  confidence and pride in their kids.  As coach seems to think, playing someone they know they have no chance against isn't STEPPING OUT OF THEIR COMFORT ZONE but rather just plain dumb.

I didn't suggest that they play a team that they have "no chance against." There are teams around Sarasota and Manatee County like Port Charlotte, Estero, Hardee, and Lakewood Ranch that would be good challenges for Poinciana. They are a step above some of the schools they are playing currently and may help them move their program in the right direction; not necessarily be overwhelming.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I didn't suggest that they play a team that they have "no chance against." There are teams around Sarasota and Manatee County like Port Charlotte, Estero, Hardee, and Lakewood Ranch that would be good challenges for Poinciana. They are a step above some of the schools they are playing currently and may help them move their program in the right direction; not necessarily be overwhelming.

Sorry, maybe I misread what sounded an offer to play Venice (if your schedule allowed) or possibly Manatee or Riverview.  If you actually knew where Poinciana ranks currently it would be clear that these suggestions would lead to a game with a running clock in the first half.  Who exactly benefits from that??   Playing St. Cloud will present a challenge as that rival will most likely be favored, but Poinciana goes in knowing they have a chance.  

47 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Sorry, maybe I misread what sounded an offer to play Venice (if your schedule allowed) or possibly Manatee or Riverview.  If you actually knew where Poinciana ranks currently it would be clear that these suggestions would lead to a game with a running clock in the first half.  Who exactly benefits from that??   Playing St. Cloud will present a challenge as that rival will most likely be favored, but Poinciana goes in knowing they have a chance.  

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Actually we are trying currently to play Hardee on October 31'st. We are waiting on their AD to let the head coach know if that can happen. Hardee needs games to become playoff eligible, And we need a game to complete our season. So we will see if that can happen. I have spent most of the last 2 days trying to find a replacement for North Port. 

40 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Poinciana might be struggling on a state scale, but they are definitely moving in the right direction and with the leadership of Coach Beek, I am sure that they will be contending for the playoffs in their class in 2 or 3 years. Like I said earlier, you don't have to break your back playing state powers like Osceola and Lakeland just because they are local, but there are some schools that may be able to show you how to play better/ what adjustments to make, etc etc. In my opinion, playing a team like Port Charlotte would be a good step in the right direction for Poinciana because it is an improvement over schools such as North Port and Harmony, but they are not so powerful that they would blow you off of the field. 

18 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Poinciana might be struggling on a state scale, but they are definitely moving in the right direction and with the leadership of Coach Beek, I am sure that they will be contending for the playoffs in their class in 2 or 3 years. Like I said earlier, you don't have to break your back playing state powers like Osceola and Lakeland just because they are local, but there are some schools that may be able to show you how to play better/ what adjustments to make, etc etc. In my opinion, playing a team like Port Charlotte would be a good step in the right direction for Poinciana because it is an improvement over schools such as North Port and Harmony, but they are not so powerful that they would blow you off of the field. 

We have yet to play North Port ever. When I scheduled the game. North port was ranked 357 in the state and we were 550. So i was defiantly looking to schedule up. But everyone was a step up from where we were. When I made the schedule only 1 team we had was below us and just barely. Today only 2 teams on that same schedule are above us. And they both beat us.

For what I know Poinciana has never beaten Harmony.  Today they are 158 in the state, we are 417 so still a big difference. 

Also If we were in a district it would be with Osceola! 

5 minutes ago, Beek said:

We have yet to play North Port ever. When I scheduled the game. North port was ranked 357 in the state and we were 550. So i was defiantly looking to schedule up. But everyone was a step up from where we were. When I made the schedule only 1 team we had was below us and just barely. Today only 2 teams on that same schedule are above us. And they both beat us.

For what I know Poinciana has never beaten Harmony.  Today they are 158 in the state, we are 417 so still a big difference. 

Also If we were in a district it would be with Osceola! 

I am not discussing this particular moment of time, I am anticipating 2-3 years from now. Progress is progress, no matter the speed. I thought North Port and Poinciana played a few times in the early 2000's?

7 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Again, I am not trying to be a contrarian, but it is perfectly clear you know very little of Osceola county teams.   Port Charlotte in your area is not a significantly better team than Harmony.  Friday Harmony almost pulled out a win over a solid Melbourne team losing 9-7 having a short game winning field goal blocked late that was the difference.  Melbourne is actually ranked higher than Port Charlotte so your view of Harmony is inaccurate.  I will agree that those level teams would probably not put a running clock on Poinciana in the first half but would be a heavy favorite.   Coach Beek decided to go Independent this year for good reason and he made a wise choice for his school.  The process to develop a team that can hold its own with the aforementioned teams will take time and some heavy lifting; it won't happen overnight.

4 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I am not discussing this particular moment of time, I am anticipating 2-3 years from now. Progress is progress, no matter the speed. I thought North Port and Poinciana played a few times in the early 2000's?

If they did it would have to be before max preps. We dont have any game by game records before then. Our goal it to eventually move back into the state series once we can be competitive. As long as we are grouped with The current schools in our football district. It will be tough. We have 1 more year on this cycle to decide if we want to be in a district, or we will have to wait another 2 years. We will see what growth we can have between now and then.

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Again, I am not trying to be a contrarian, but it is perfectly clear you know very little of Osceola county teams.   Port Charlotte in your area is not a significantly better team than Harmony.  Friday Harmony almost pulled out a win over a solid Melbourne team losing 9-7 having a short game winning field goal blocked late that was the difference.  Melbourne is actually ranked higher than Port Charlotte so your view of Harmony is inaccurate.  I will agree that those level teams would probably not put a running clock on Poinciana in the first half but would be a heavy favorite.   Coach Beek decided to go Independent this year for good reason and he made a wise choice for his school.  The process to develop a team that can hold its own with the aforementioned teams will take time and some heavy lifting; it won't happen overnight.

Agreed.

On 10/20/2022 at 10:06 PM, Beek said:

Actually we are trying currently to play Hardee on October 31'st. We are waiting on their AD to let the head coach know if that can happen. Hardee needs games to become playoff eligible, And we need a game to complete our season. So we will see if that can happen. I have spent most of the last 2 days trying to find a replacement for North Port. 

I was told the game for 10/31 is a go!