Poinciana 2023

Beek

Due to Discovery closing their program for at least 1 season we have had to revamp our schedule. Hopefully for a final time

Week 1 Celebration

Week 2 Bye

Week 3 Hardee

Week 4 Horizon

Week 5 @ Tenoroc

Week 6 @ Foundation Academy

Week 7 @ Davenport

Week 8 @ North Port

Week 9 Lake Buenavista

Week 10 @ Mulberry

Week 11 Liberty

• Beek changed the title to Poinciana 2023

1 hour ago, Beek said:

Due to Discovery closing their program for at least 1 season we have had to revamp our schedule. Hopefully for a final time

Week 1 Celebration

Week 2 Bye

Week 3 Hardee

Week 4 Horizon

Week 5 @ Tenoroc

Week 7 @ Davenport

Week 8 @ North Port

Week 9 Lake Buenavista

Week 10 @ Mulberry

Week 11 Liberty

Good schedule for Poinciana. Week 2 bye is the only thing I don’t like. That’s a horrible time for a bye week. 

2 hours ago, Beek said:

Week 1 Celebration

Week 2 Bye

Week 3 Hardee

Week 4 Horizon

Week 5 @ Tenoroc

Week 7 @ Davenport

Week 8 @ North Port

Week 9 Lake Buenavista

Week 10 @ Mulberry

Week 11 Liberty

I like the schedule. It seems about right for the program at this time. Good luck, coach!

2 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Good schedule for Poinciana. Week 2 bye is the only thing I don’t like. That’s a horrible time for a bye week. 

Didnt want the week 2 bye either. Discovery was our week 2 and we had a week 10 bye. It turned out that Mulberry had Discovery week 10. So we just made it fit. 

46 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

What's the story with Discovery HS?

The head coach called me and said that his spring practice’s started out with 25 and dwindled to about 11.   The principal decided that they cancel spring and next fall and reevaluate their program.  From what I was told this is to be a 1 year thing.  So we will see. I really feel for them.  The issue is most likely school of choice.  I know, in my opinion. Their best player transferred to Davenport before spring and played for them in the spring. 

3 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

What's the story with Discovery HS?

Change is goals that have backfired.

John Livingston was building a good program to challenge the small school powers in Polk, but a new principal and AD came in with other ideas. Their own.

Livingston moved on and the football program has become a dumpster fire.

5 hours ago, Beek said:

The head coach called me and said that his spring practice’s started out with 25 and dwindled to about 11.   The principal decided that they cancel spring and next fall and reevaluate their program.  From what I was told this is to be a 1 year thing.  So we will see. I really feel for them.  The issue is most likely school of choice.  I know, in my opinion. Their best player transferred to Davenport before spring and played for them in the spring. 

Dang that is some very bad attrition for a spring session.  Those poor kids who want to play ball at that school too.

It may not be much consolation to the kids there, but I believe they could benefit from HB 225, effective July 1, which allows an athlete to participate at another public school in their district or at a private school, if there school does not offer that sport.  Who knew our lawmakers had such foresight?

1 minute ago, Dr. D said:

It may not be much consolation to the kids there, but I believe they could benefit from HB 225, effective July 1, which allows an athlete to participate at another public school in their district or at a private school, if there school does not offer that sport.  Who knew our lawmakers had such foresight?

Love the positive spin. 

16 hours ago, Dr. D said:

I’m sure, or at least hopeful that these kids that desire to play can find a football home at some of the neighboring Polk county schools. 

4 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I’m sure, or at least hopeful that these kids that desire to play can find a football home at some of the neighboring Polk county schools. 

If those kids have size, speed and/or talent, I have no doubt they'll be able to find someplace else to play, with or without "encouragement" from others. 

• 1 month later...

Poinciana Schedule update!   Due to a last minute change, through no fault of their own, Celebration had to cancel week 1 game with us. Long story short, it was not them, but another county's AD that forced them to play another game. Looks like we will be road warriors!

Week 1 @ Nature Coast

Week 2 Bye

Week 3 Hardee

Week 4 Horizon

Week 5 @ Tenoroc

Week 7 @ Davenport

Week 8 @ North Port

Week 9 Lake Buena Vista

Week 10 @ Mulberry

Week 11 Liberty

12 hours ago, Beek said:

Poinciana Schedule update!   Due to a last minute change, through no fault of their own, Celebration had to cancel week 1 game with us. Long story short, it was not them, but another county's AD that forced them to play another game. Looks like we will be road warriors!

Week 1 @ Nature Coast

Week 2 Bye

Week 3 Hardee

Week 4 Horizon

Week 5 @ Tenoroc

Week 7 @ Davenport

Week 8 @ North Port

Week 9 Lake Buena Vista

Week 10 @ Mulberry

Week 11 Liberty

Nature Coast is up my way. Not too far. About 10 miles away. They are usually pretty decent for the area. You will have your hands full. Looking at the schedule they will be the toughest team you face all year. 

8 hours ago, Beek said:

We needed to step up our competition, as the schedule was made 2 years ago. Hopefully you can attend that game!

Man I would love to. Only issue is my son is a freshman and has a JV game the day before. The varsity plays Friday Night against a county rival away. So I would have to see if he wants to go check his guys out and cheer on the older kids, or he if doesn’t care to. Lol

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

So they are gonna get the doors blown off them by Duncanville 

The coaches are confident in twitter spaces but the bet is over/under for point spread for their game vs the Cocoa v STA game. I believe the defense will keep it good for the first quarter then they'll get worn out. Too big of a task to not have all the offensive weapons. But I do know rockledge will be doing alot of cut blocks