23. Cardinal Newman (NR)

24. Miami Palmetto (-3)

25. Jax TC (-2)

dropped out 

#18 Jones

#19 Venice 

#24 Monarch  

Couple breakdowns. 

Treasure Coast leapfrogged Cocoa due to the fact that they dismantled a pretty good Jesuit team. I believe they would outscore Cocoa in a H2H. Plus Cocoa struggled with what looks like a very overrated Jones team. 

I didn’t see anything else by the top 10 teams to justify any movement. 

Lakeland moved down due to the fact that they struggled to beat a team they should have put a running clock on. 

Naples, Mandarin and Cardinal Newman are playing at a level that warrants top 25 status compared to a lot of other teams on the outside. It was razor thin with a few other teams like Bartram Trail, Clearwater Central Catholic, Tampa Bay Tech, Delray Atlantic, Lake Wales and Pine Forest. 

Jones and Venice are out due to the fact they lost 2 straight games and it was only week 2. Jones is out because they looked like a JV team against Good Counsel and Venice is out because they haven’t earned anything yet. Except 2 losses. They were ranked in the preseason largely due to past success and a few returners. Let’s see them win some to earn their way back in. 

Week 3 schedule 

1. Chaminade vs Bergen Catholic,NJ

2. Miami Central vs #11 BTW

3. AHP vs Monsignor Pace

4. Norland vs Southridge

5. STA vs #8 Cocoa 

6. Columbus vs Jesuit 

7. Treasure Coast vs #9 Seminole 

8. Cocoa vs #5 STA

9. Seminole vs #7 Treasure Coast

10. Vero Beach vs Palm Beach Gardens

11. Booker T vs #2 Miami Central

12. Western vs Coconut Creek

13. Lakeland vs SJP,Pa

14. MNW vs Venice 

15. Armwood vs Hillsborough 

16. Lake Mary vs Oviedo

17. Apopka vs Dr Phillips

18. Edgewater vs West O

19. Naples vs Immokalee 

20. Cardinal Gibbons vs Dillard

21. Mandarin vs Robert E Lee

22. Mainland vs Bartram Trail

23. Cardinal Newman - off 

24. Mia Palmetto vs Killian 

25. Jax TC vs NFEI

57 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Couple breakdowns. 

Treasure Coast leapfrogged Cocoa due to the fact that they dismantled a pretty good Jesuit team. I believe they would outscore Cocoa in a H2H. Plus Cocoa struggled with what looks like a very overrated Jones team. 

Lakeland moved down due to the fact that they struggled to beat a team they should have put a running clock on. 

Naples, Mandarin and Cardinal Newman are playing at a level that warrants top 25 status compared to a lot of other teams on the outside. It was razor thin with a few other teams like Bartram Trail, Clearwater Central Catholic, Tampa Bay Tech, Delray Atlantic, Lake Wales and Pine Forest. 

Jones and Venice are out due to the fact they lost 2 straight games and it was only week 2. Jones is out because they looked like a JV team against Good Counsel and Venice is out because they haven’t earned anything yet. Except 2 losses. They were ranked in the preseason largely due to past success and a few returners. Let’s see them win some to earn their way back in. 

We'll get a H2H with Cocoa hosting Treasure Coast in a few weeks. Could be like that OT thriller a couple seasons back. But if Cocoa doesn't make a few key stops on drives. TC could runaway with it

27 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Week 3 schedule 

1. Chaminade vs Bergen Catholic,NJ

2. Miami Central vs #11 BTW

3. AHP vs Monsignor Pace

4. Norland vs Southridge

5. STA vs #8 Cocoa 

6. Columbus vs Jesuit 

7. Treasure Coast vs #9 Seminole 

8. Cocoa vs #5 STA

9. Seminole vs #7 Treasure Coast

10. Vero Beach vs Palm Beach Gardens

11. Booker T vs #2 Miami Central

12. Western vs Coconut Creek

13. Lakeland vs SJP,Pa

14. MNW vs Venice 

15. Armwood vs Hillsborough 

16. Lake Mary vs Oviedo

17. Apopka vs Dr Phillips

18. Edgewater vs West O

19. Naples vs Immokalee 

20. Cardinal Gibbons vs Dillard

21. Mandarin vs Robert E Lee

22. Mainland vs Bartram Trail

23. Cardinal Newman - off 

24. Mia Palmetto vs Killian 

25. Jax TC vs NFEI

Once again, some good matchups this week. Cocoa vs STA (stack the LOS & make a mediocre QB beat u). Venice @NW(looked more inviting after the KOC). Treasure Coast vs Sanf Sem. Titans got sum skill players but that OL is quick & synchronized. Noles def a state title contender, as well as the Coast. Explorers gotta b at least -21 vs T Jesuit, that’s still living off of 1 great year…..I’d have Homestead somewhere in the bottom 25. I’d take Trin Christ out. They’ve pasted 2 patsies & lost by 3 TDS to AHP. Their schedule going forward is EASY…..Bartram Trail who look pretty good( 3 point win over Ponte Verde looked bad until PV beat Florida High!) has a chance to jump up in the rankings if they can beat Mainland. BTW has a chance to show if Harris has the Tornadoes elite again with a match vs the Rockets( who shoulda, woulda, coulda!!!!!). Lions have another chance to flex as they host nationally ranked Bergen Cath. Those Jersey teams can b tough…….

30 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Once again, some good matchups this week. Cocoa vs STA (stack the LOS & make a mediocre QB beat u). Venice @NW(looked more inviting after the KOC). Treasure Coast vs Sanf Sem. Titans got sum skill players but that OL is quick & synchronized. Noles def a state title contender, as well as the Coast. Explorers gotta b at least -21 vs T Jesuit, that’s still living off of 1 great year…..I’d have Homestead somewhere in the bottom 25. I’d take Trin Christ out. They’ve pasted 2 patsies & lost by 3 TDS to AHP. Their schedule going forward is EASY…..Bartram Trail who look pretty good( 3 point win over Ponte Verde looked bad until PV beat Florida High!) has a chance to jump up in the rankings if they can beat Mainland. BTW has a chance to show if Harris has the Tornadoes elite again with a match vs the Rockets( who shoulda, woulda, coulda!!!!!). Lions have another chance to flex as they host nationally ranked Bergen Cath. Those Jersey teams can b tough…….

Treasure Coast is looking good against a difficult schedule, I believe they'll beat Seminole at home but will lose to STA, also think that they'll beat Cocoa this time, i gotta see more from Vero to determine if Vero has a chance against Treasure Coast 

1 minute ago, Vero Indian said:

Treasure Coast is looking good against a difficult schedule, I believe they'll beat Seminole at home but will lose to STA 

I believe you are wrong. Seminole is used to seeing a more sophisticated version of the Single Wing than TC runs. So, while they won't shut it down completely, they will limit it. Seminole has a lot of firepower on offense. Seminole 28, Treasure Coast 21. 

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Couple breakdowns. 

FWIW, Lakeland was without their starting RB and the WR who lit Norland up. Mix in only one practice for the week for a "trap" game and a ho-hum win is sort of to be expected. There was also a jambun in the role of back judge, dropping "I'm going to teach you a lesson" flags. In one instance, a 3rd and 1 at the 10 was made into a 3rd and 16 at the 25 because a player used profanity, and not at any of Largo's players. "Unsportsmanlike conduct" :rolleyes:

If those players are out for an extended period, it's a problem. No clue on their status. If they're back, I think Lakeland will give SJP a good game. 

Also, you should know CAI was I believe without their QB, Evans Chuba, for much of the Edgewater game. NUMEROUS "doh!" plays made by the replacement. No way Edgewater wins that game if Chuba plays the whole game.

Edit: *The announcers referred to Chuba in the 1st half, and called the QB another name in the 2nd half lol. Looking at NFHS now, either Chuba played all of the game or none of the game

21 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I believe you are wrong. Seminole is used to seeing a more sophisticated version of the Single Wing than TC runs. So, while they won't shut it down completely, they will limit it. Seminole has a lot of firepower on offense. Seminole 28, Treasure Coast 21. 

TC revamped their offense this year, as they were shut down by Apopka two years ago and by Osceola last year, as evidenced by the 3 passing TD’s against Jesuit.
In the past they would go whole games without even attempting a pass, much less have anything for a TD. While the single wing is still the core of their offense, they do switch out of it now from time time. But I am sure it’s nothing the Seminoles haven’t seen before from Apopka. 

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

TC revamped their offense this year, as they were shut down by Apopka two years ago and by Osceola last year, as evidenced by the 3 passing TD’s against Jesuit.
In the past they would go whole games without even attempting a pass, much less have anything for a TD. While the single wing is still the core of their offense, they do switch out of it now from time time. But I am sure it’s nothing the Seminoles haven’t seen before from Apopka. 

Perhaps they have. But the year APK shut them down, they had scored around 60 on Cocoa in a big shootout that ended with, I think, a 3 point margin separating the two teams.

On a tangentially related matter, congrats to the Colorado Buffaloes on its huge win against TCU who was in the National Championship game last year. I will note, that Jimmy Horn, JR., a Sanford Seminole wide receiver on their 2020 state title team played well and put points on the board for Colorado.  

Very heartening to see the Greater Orlando area representing!

2 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

FWIW, Lakeland was without their starting RB and the WR who lit Norland up. Mix in only one practice for the week for a "trap" game and a ho-hum win is sort of to be expected. There was also a jambun in the role of back judge, dropping "I'm going to teach you a lesson" flags. In one instance, a 3rd and 1 at the 10 was made into a 3rd and 16 at the 25 because a player used profanity, and not at any of Largo's players. "Unsportsmanlike conduct" :rolleyes:

If those players are out for an extended period, it's a problem. No clue on their status. If they're back, I think Lakeland will give SJP a good game. 

Also, you should know CAI was I believe without their QB, Evans Chuba, for much of the Edgewater game. NUMEROUS "doh!" plays made by the replacement. No way Edgewater wins that game if Chuba plays the whole game.

Edit: *The announcers referred to Chuba in the 1st half, and called the QB another name in the 2nd half lol. Looking at NFHS now, either Chuba played all of the game or none of the game

Thanks for the insight. I get when you say, if teams had their true starters healthy, they would be better teams. I agree with that for sure. But when you do not have those starters available, then you can only be judged by what you got. Not what you could have if the circumstances were different.

3 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

I still think Jones is assuredly a top 25 team in this state.  Looking bad to an out of state nationally ranked team can happen to anyone.  That Good Counsel team lost to Edwards who's line is literally the size of Ohio State's OL.

I dropped Jones out for the simple fact that good counsel is a nationally relevant team, and definitely above average, but it was the way they were dismantled. Good Counsel is not Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman, IMG etc etc. they are a quality, well coached team, and I believe any team in the state top 25 would have put up a better fight. That’s just my opinion. Jones has plenty of chances to jump right back in. 

That’s the benefit of playing a tough schedule. There are numerous chances to show everybody what you got. When you have a terrible schedule, you might only get one chance to prove you got something until the playoffs

36 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Thanks for the insight. I get when you say, if teams had their true starters healthy, they would be better teams. I agree with that for sure. But when you do not have those starters available, then you can only be judged by what you got. Not what you could have if the circumstances were different.

Touché 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Seems like even a "Short Time Observer" would know this. :lol:

5 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You're probably spot on too, I actually thought about their offense right after I posted this and I heard their receivers are successful track stars 

Just now, Vero Indian said:

You're probably spot on too, I actually thought about their offense right after I posted this and I heard their receivers are successful track stars 

Most of their seniors and their secondary run track. They have done well at State track in recent years. 

The way to beat Seminole is to hit them with the unexpected on offense and then shut down, as much as possible, their high powered offense. 

5 hours ago, Drogo said:

I keep forgetting this, I might have to change my pick, as usual Darter is going by facts

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Most of their seniors and their secondary run track. They have done well at State track in recent years. 

The way to beat Seminole is to hit them with the unexpected on offense and then shut down, as much as possible, their high powered offense. 

Yea especially that Michael Key 

9 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Perhaps they have. But the year APK shut them down, they had scored around 60 on Cocoa in a big shootout that ended with, I think, a 3 point margin separating the two teams.

On a tangentially related matter, congrats to the Colorado Buffaloes on its huge win against TCU who was in the National Championship game last year. I will note, that Jimmy Horn, JR., a Sanford Seminole wide receiver on their 2020 state title team played well and put points on the board for Colorado.  

Very heartening to see the Greater Orlando area representing!

56-55 in 2OT 2021 when Cocoa lost in the finals to Cardinal Gibbons 21-19

On 9/3/2023 at 9:32 AM, nolebull813 said:

1. Chaminade (-)

2. Miami Central (-)

3. AHP (-)

4. Norland (-)

5. STA (-)

6. Columbus (-)

7. Treasure Coast (+1)

8. Cocoa (-1)

9. Seminole (-)

10.Vero Beach (-)

11. Booker T (+1)

12. Western (+1)

13. Lakeland (-2)

14. MNW (+1)

15. Armwood (+1)

16. Lake Mary (-2)

17. Apopka (-)

18. Edgewater (+8)

19. Naples (NR)

20. Cardinal Gibbons (-)

21. Mandarin (NR)

22. Mainland (-)

23. Cardinal Newman (NR)

24. Miami Palmetto (-3)

25. Jax TC (-2)

dropped out 

#18 Jones

#19 Venice 

#24 Monarch  

How does Palmetto drop 3 spots after homestead & lakewood w’s? but cardinal newman rises? I don’t understand that 1