Most Current FHSAA Rankings

DarterBlue2

12 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

It's that way in 50 out of 50 states my friend.  Even the most competitive of all leagues, the NFL, has teams who made the playoffs but have zero percent chance of winning it.  Do you think it matters to the fans or the players?  Team goals were met and a successful season was had.  My son's team, Palm Harbor, just won it's first ever district title in school history.  Do you think it matters to these kids that they will never beat a recruited and loaded Columbus team?  Hell no, they are on cloud nine, just happy to be there and they earned it and this is the beauty of a tournament where you can play your way in as an underdog.

With DP as your first playoff opponent, your son's team has a shot at getting to the second round. From there, who knows? 

26 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

It's that way in 50 out of 50 states my friend.  Even the most competitive of all leagues, the NFL, has teams who made the playoffs but have zero percent chance of winning it.  Do you think it matters to the fans or the players?  Team goals were met and a successful season was had.  My son's team, Palm Harbor, just won it's first ever district title in school history.  Do you think it matters to these kids that they will never beat a recruited and loaded Columbus team?  Hell no, they are on cloud nine, just happy to be there and they earned it and this is the beauty of a tournament where you can play your way in as an underdog.

When I say contender I mean it in the context of having large districts and consolidated classes so the teams who make the playoffs are all competitive. Not participation entries who lose by 50 in the 1st round. I don’t discount anything a team accomplishes. Those PHU kids will remember being district champs for the rest of their life. But when you say “recruited and loaded Columbus team”, what do you mean? Who did they recruit? And how do you know about this and the sanctioning body for high school athletics in the state of Florida does not? 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

When I say contender I mean it in the context of having large districts and consolidated classes so the teams who make the playoffs are all competitive. Not participation entries who lose by 50 in the 1st round. I don’t discount anything a team accomplishes. Those PHU kids will remember being district champs for the rest of their life. But when you say “recruited and loaded Columbus team”, what do you mean? Who did they recruit? And how do you know about this and the sanctioning body for high school athletics in the state of Florida does not? 

I could definitely agree on larger districts.  I'm sure the FHSAA would like larger districts too but there must be a logistical challenge that forces the three and four team districts.  As far as your comment about Columbus, please.  I know exactly how this works because I am closely affiliated with youth football in my area.  The privates scout the 13U and 14U teams and when they see talent, they offer scholarships to attend their school.  There's a certain youth program locally (who also recruits its players from outside of it's pop warner zone) that feeds directly into Jesuit HS.  Offering a scholarship to attend your school is recruiting no matter what you might call it.  Lakewood losing a bunch of players to CCC is recruiting.  I don't know what you call it but I call it for what it is.  It's a dead horse topic on this board and we all have our opinions on it so it's not really worth debating.  We will just agree to disagree on the subject.

31 minutes ago, Vero Indian said:

Should combine the Vero-Treasure Coast district with the Osceola district 

It would certainly make it more interesting. Osceola is currently in a terrible district. But it would involve a lot of travel. If it were just to Melbourne it could work, but the Treasure Coast is a good hike from there. 

5 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It would certainly make it more interesting. Osceola is currently in a terrible district. But it would involve a lot of travel. If it were just to Melbourne it could work, but the Treasure Coast is a good hike from there. 

It's the same distance, only difference is when you travel on turnpike to Osceola, you get woods until all of a sudden you see Kissimmee in the distance 

19 minutes ago, Vero Indian said:

It's the same distance, only difference is when you travel on turnpike to Osceola, you get woods until all of a sudden you see Kissimmee in the distance 

19 minutes ago, Vero Indian said:

Not quite the same, 30 additional miles each way from Kissimmee to Vero as opposed to Melbourne.  Then miles ramp up even more to Ft. Pierce, Port St. Lucie and Stuart (Martin Co.).

7 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Not quite the same, 30 additional miles each way from Kissimmee to Vero as opposed to Melbourne.  Then miles ramp up even more to Ft. Pierce, Port St. Lucie and Stuart (Martin Co.).

Martin County is our furthest district game its about an hour away same as Osceola County.....I remember two years ago Sebastien River traveled to Dwyer for a district game......

10 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

Martin County is our furthest district game its about an hour away same as Osceola County.....I remember two years ago Sebastien River traveled to Dwyer for a district game......

Don't know what maps you use, but Martin County HS is about 40 miles from Vero Beach HS, whereas it is over 80 from Vero to Kissimmee.  Nowhere near the same when you double the distance as you do have to return home.  Vero Beach is relatively close to the Osceola county line, but not much population there and we have a large county so a long hike to reach our HS.

10 hours ago, 181pl said:

too many classes. 4 public school classes would rock. 2 private classes and an open private tournament plucked by having the top 12 private schools including IMG (the real football factories)

The fact you continue to ignore teams like Miami Central and Northwestern of being just as guilty if not more guilty to the point you won't separate them from other public schools but want to be concerned about a team like Aucilla Christian is concerning and not realizing those 2 will create more competitive imbalance than 99% of the privates in Florida baffles me

10 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

The fact you continue to ignore teams like Miami Central and Northwestern of being just as guilty if not more guilty to the point you won't separate them from other public schools but want to be concerned about a team like Aucilla Christian is concerning and not realizing those 2 will create more competitive imbalance than 99% of the privates in Florida baffles me

dude, give it a rest. Miami Central is going to win regardless.. They are a hell of a football program, and every kid wants to go there in that area. Sorry, demographics rule the day when it comes to Miami Central. But that’s not the general rule in Florida when it comes to pretty good public schools competing with recruited private Powers. Miami Central, is the exception and not a good example to hang your hat on.

15 minutes ago, 181pl said:

dude, give it a rest. Miami Central is going to win regardless.. They are a hell of a football program, and every kid wants to go there in that area. Sorry, demographics rule the day when it comes to Miami Central. But that’s not the general rule in Florida when it comes to pretty good public schools competing with recruited private Powers. Miami Central, is the exception and not a good example to hang your hat on.

You are judging every public school based on Tampa 

Plenty of publics in Orlando, Jacksonville, Polk, Brevard, Broward, Palm Beach, Dade and a few other counties get a lot of transfers every year but you refuse to accept it because it doesn't fit your argument

Just because most these public schools got average coaching and manage to waste talent doesn't mean they aren't actively recruiting but it's because people like you will never actually do the research and you just blame the privates 

You only claim it's an exception because most the media aren't as honest as SFL so Central looks like an exception but it's far more common and you come on here with some ridiculous justification that teams are only recruiting to keep up with private schools and even when I list specific teams that combat this bogus theory you just ignore it and repeat the same thing in the next topic

You probably would make a great politician because you can fit the states agenda of playing oblivious and blaming someone else to get what you want for your party because when chaos exists you can swoop in and pretend to have the solution which keeps you in power but it's just the classic big promises to get elected only to under deliver

9 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Don't know what maps you use, but Martin County HS is about 40 miles from Vero Beach HS, whereas it is over 80 from Vero to Kissimmee.  Nowhere near the same when you double the distance as you do have to return home.  Vero Beach is relatively close to the Osceola county line, but not much population there and we have a large county so a long hike to reach our HS.

Ok

9 hours ago, SportsFan said:

You are judging every public school based on Tampa 

Plenty of publics in Orlando, Jacksonville, Polk, Brevard, Broward, Palm Beach, Dade and a few other counties get a lot of transfers every year but you refuse to accept it because it doesn't fit your argument

Just because most these public schools got average coaching and manage to waste talent doesn't mean they aren't actively recruiting but it's because people like you will never actually do the research and you just blame the privates 

You only claim it's an exception because most the media aren't as honest as SFL so Central looks like an exception but it's far more common and you come on here with some ridiculous justification that teams are only recruiting to keep up with private schools and even when I list specific teams that combat this bogus theory you just ignore it and repeat the same thing in the next topic

You probably would make a great politician because you can fit the states agenda of playing oblivious and blaming someone else to get what you want for your party because when chaos exists you can swoop in and pretend to have the solution which keeps you in power but it's just the classic big promises to get elected only to under deliver

STA clearly has built-in advantages as a private school, but they are also pulling talent from arguably the most fertile recruiting ground in the country in South Florida. That isn't something that can be taken lightly. The Metro/Suburban split was so close to solving this imbalance. Without a transfer rule, put all of the "cheaters" in one or 2 classifications and let them duke it out amongst themselves. Then build a system around the rest that would foster competitive matchups in the postseason. The FHSAA still needs to:

Take Chaminade out of 1M, where they will slaughter perpetually. 

Maybe have Cocoa and Naples swap classifications. Cocoa will slaughter 2S while Naples will have a lot of trouble, even in a strong year, winning 3S against Mainland, Lake City Columbia, Lake Wales, and Rockledge. 

4m and 4S are pretty balanced classifications.

3M is hard to say. Homestead, Dillard, and perhaps even Blanche Ely could compete with STA in strong years, but the north side of the bracket is really good. It's just tough that one of those teams have to go through STA to win a championship. 

Madison County has no business being in 1R. 

So, there's still some work to do. But metro/suburban was a step in the right direction.