2017 upset picks?

DisabledAccount

10 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

ProSet,  no one denies or is delusional enough to not realize the games don't count. But I challenge anyone who ever strapped on a helmet to tell us they didn't want that Kickoff Classic a$$ as much as the Season Openers behind. Darter and Sharkbait ( above ) explained how some coaches approach these practice games. They run the team and that's their business. I will guarantee you one thing though, you play one east Volusia County powerhouse below your top effort and you'll be going into the season bruised, battered, embarrassed, and not real confident......

I get it, Dan. Yes, there are a few coaches that would do that. Doesn't matter much as the games don't count and it proves little to nothing in doing it, with the exception of getting your players hurt too early. I have seen too many injuries happen in preseason games where the entire season is blown because of zealous coaches. But, I guess it is what it is. 

How are the Bucs looking so far this year? Think they'll finally make it all the way. Seems like that last game, before the championship, is always a very high hurdle.

22 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I get it, Dan. Yes, there are a few coaches that would do that. Doesn't matter much as the games don't count and it proves little to nothing in doing it, with the exception of getting your players hurt too early. I have seen too many injuries happen in preseason games where the entire season is blown because of zealous coaches. But, I guess it is what it is. 

How are the Bucs looking so far this year? Think they'll finally make it all the way. Seems like that last game, before the championship, is always a very high hurdle.

They in region 4 so it would be third round since the teams in region 3 are Naples and Charlotte who probably aren't battle tested enough to beat the dade/broward/mainland team from region 4

On 6/11/2017 at 6:18 PM, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

And since when did Carol city or mnw become the standard other then last year what have CC done consistently or mnw?? CENTRAL?  Ok I give u that somewhat but please monsters??? Cut it!!! Those 3btrams are nothing but above avg powerhouses in South fl ...& if I stand corrected didn't the iron men blowout MC out of the water on national tv iMG will make all 3 look like little boys & if I'm wrong I'll do a public apology 

I'll be waiting on that apology.... IMG struggled against Carol City last year... I expect the same when they play the west...

12 hours ago, Proseteye said:

ProSet, Mainland plays "every game" to win. Bucs are loaded. A couple D-1 DB's transferred in ( from Deland, Pine Ridge ) and that was already a strong area. Transfer QB ( from Ocoee ) looks good, but he's trying to replace the Buc's best ever. With new seeding format Mainland might play a Miami school in the 1st or 2nd round unless I'm mistaken. With potentially three of the eight seeds being from Dade county, even the famous murderers row of the 1927 New York Yankees wasn't this daunting. But no complaining here. Like yourself, with OTC, we who have had the good fortune of following a long time consistent winner it's heaven on Earth. For a now retired sports nut, it couldn't be any better. Peace

12 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

I'll be waiting on that apology.... IMG struggled against Carol City last year... I expect the same when they play the west...

Struggled ? I must have watched the wrong game because the game I saw saw img throwing at will 20+ after 20+ gain with CC Having no answer only to get to CC 5 yard line or less multiple times & make multiple self inflicted mistakes ..but I have no problem apologizing if necessary 

3 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

Struggled ? I must have watched the wrong game because the game I saw saw img throwing at will 20+ after 20+ gain with CC Having no answer only to get to CC 5 yard line or less multiple times & make multiple self inflicted mistakes ..but I have no problem apologizing if necessary 

Throwing? Hmmmm..

3 hours ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

9/29 will be here before u kno it. Question, while u reppin IMG HEAVY... Who Dillard gonna upset this year? That is your alma mater right? 

For one CC got better as well and their main QB now wasn't even on the team then. He started playing week 2 or 3 when16 got hurt. And Floyd #16 is now at pace...  CC from this video turned ball over twice and from what i see was a defensive struggle... Our dbs this year are better than CC dbs were last year with most of our key players returning with quality transfers. The West will be fine. I also expect CC to put more than 7 points on IMG this year however,their defense just might be suspect this year they lost alot and have new coaches.....

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

9/29 will be here before u kno it. Question, while u reppin IMG HEAVY... Who Dillard gonna upset this year? That is your alma mater right? 

There is no 1 on our schedule that if we win it would be qualified as an upset except for week 1 vs Booker t && I already called that upset 3 pages back 24 17 ..week 1 @ home...& correction I'm not REPN Nobody but Dillard lil homie I can't stand img I just have my opinion on who I thank gone win the game Mr 305.! 

#954_ALL_DAY_BIHH.....YOOODA

38 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

For one CC got better as well and their main QB now wasn't even on the team then. He started playing week 2 or 3 when16 got hurt. And Floyd #16 is now at pace...  CC from this video turned ball over twice and from what i see was a defensive struggle... Our dbs this year are better than CC dbs were last year with most of our key players returning with quality transfers. The West will be fine. I also expect CC to put more than 7 points on IMG this year however,their defense just might be suspect this year they lost alot and have new coaches.....

& if they do put up more then 7 I guarantee it will be because img was already up 25 plus & the points CC score would be garbage points && by the way what team is it I support blood ??

58 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

& if they do put up more then 7 I guarantee it will be because img was already up 25 plus & the points CC score would be garbage points && by the way what team is it I support blood ??

Guarantee? That's funny lol. Now I can guarantee that Booker T beat Dillard by 20 or better. Dillard doesn't have enough horses for BTW yet. Just my opinion...

6 hours ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

Yes don't u remember? I'll try to find the highlights & post it or the whole game for that matter 

I watched the game already. You going by highlites but I watch the game last year on fb live so I know what I watch..

11 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

ProSet, Mainland plays "every game" to win. Bucs are loaded. A couple D-1 DB's transferred in ( from Deland, Pine Ridge ) and that was already a strong area. Transfer QB ( from Ocoee ) looks good, but he's trying to replace the Buc's best ever. With new seeding format Mainland might play a Miami school in the 1st or 2nd round unless I'm mistaken. With potentially three of the eight seeds being from Dade county, even the famous murderers row of the 1927 New York Yankees wasn't this daunting. But no complaining here. Like yourself, with OTC, we who have had the good fortune of following a long time consistent winner it's heaven on Earth. For a now retired sports nut, it couldn't be any better. Peace

You just gotta get over that last game before the championship. Seems as though it's a sticking point for Mainland almost every year. But, 5 playoff games against the best 6A opposition is one difficult minefield. Don't know how you get through it.

OTC has been on the mend the last couple of years. Complete new HC and staff with new formations and plays in 2015, and the loss of some of our best players. So, it hasn't been so easy to watch them lose to teams they used to throttle. However, I do think they now are over the hump and may look somewhat like the old Celtics this season.

8 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

I watched the game already. You going by highlites but I watch the game last year on fb live so I know what I watch..

U be missing it zoe I said I was getting the highlights to refresh your memory we both watched the full game bra so no I'm not going by highlights either way let's put all this hype toward a game that actually counts because in Carol city cAse I can win this game then go 0-10 nobody's gonna remember you beating img in a KOC game will that happen (them going 0-10) of course not I just feel like this game should have been in the regular season.

3 hours ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

U be missing it zoe I said I was getting the highlights to refresh your memory we both watched the full game bra so no I'm not going by highlights either way let's put all this hype toward a game that actually counts because in Carol city cAse I can win this game then go 0-10 nobody's gonna remember you beating img in a KOC game will that happen (them going 0-10) of course not I just feel like this game should have been in the regular season.

Our bet applies to ALL 3 Dade County teams, including the Carol City kickoff classic game 

Just so we all on same page, for you to win ALL 3 have to lose by 10 or more to IMG

5 hours ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

That's yo opinion bra can't do ntn bout dat.

& I just looked at something 20+ plus ? With the defense we got this year & the 15+ transfers we had come in plus the 1s that may come in this summer the rb from Chaminade the 3☆ from creek plus the component head coach we may get since we still don't have a hc yet which shows me their just not choosing anyone ...that game vs Booker t will be a close 1 ...of course everyone will pick Booker t & rightfully so especially if your looking at recent history of both teams ..but in my opinion of Dillard was to beat Booker t it would be week 1 @ home ...will it happen who knows but I have been apart of & seen to many panther games to say they don't have a shot or chance because they do.

2 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

& I just looked at something 20+ plus ? With the defense we got this year & the 15+ transfers we had come in plus the 1s that may come in this summer the rb from Chaminade the 3☆ from creek plus the component head coach we may get since we still don't have a hc yet which shows me their just not choosing anyone ...that game vs Booker t will be a close 1 ...of course everyone will pick Booker t & rightfully so especially if your looking at recent history of both teams ..but in my opinion of Dillard was to beat Booker t it would be week 1 @ home ...will it happen who knows but I have been apart of & seen to many panther games to say they don't have a shot or chance because they do.

I think it could b a close one but i hear BTW gon be close to that 2013 or 14 team

6 hours ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

Funny you said that cause when st Thomas smash y'all boys in that KOC your ass was cussing up a storm talking bout how you don't respect STA for scoring a last secon TD..

1 hour ago, Zoe Boy said:

Funny you said that cause when st Thomas smash y'all boys in that KOC your ass was cussing up a storm talking bout how you don't respect STA for scoring a last secon TD..

& I don't & still don't what that got to do with CC & IMG Tho I'm not 1 of the 1s on here who say they don't take KOC  seriously me personally I'm so Into football idc if it's spring KOC or regular season when Dillard lace up them helmets & pads I'm on the sideline dead serious & expecting real game effort & at the end a WIN all I'm saying is I wish CC & IMG WAS A REGULAR SEASON GAME where it would count as a WIN or loss.

25 minutes ago, MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS said:

& I don't & still don't what that got to do with CC & IMG Tho I'm not 1 of the 1s on here who say they don't take KOC  seriously me personally I'm so Into football idc if it's spring KOC or regular season when Dillard lace up them helmets & pads I'm on the sideline dead serious & expecting real game effort & at the end a WIN all I'm saying is I wish CC & IMG WAS A REGULAR SEASON GAME where it would count as a WIN or loss.

IMG backups are at level of most high school starters at least and doubt Carol City putting in backups for a game against this type of team so safe to assume starters going 4 quarters so this will be played like a regular season game wether it counts or not its irrelevant because the polls will take this game into account for the week 1 rankings wether they admit it or not