Quantcast
Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
FLABOY941

Is 51 carries in a game too many carries for a high runningback?

Recommended Posts

Riverview runningback Ali Boyce had 51 carries for 229 yards against Vero Beach last week. It got mixed responses. Some people said he is a real workhorse and can handle the load. Other said that is too many carries for a high school runningback in a single game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FLABOY941 said:

Riverview runningback Ali Boyce had 51 carries for 229 yards against Vero Beach last week. It got mixed responses. Some people said he is a real workhorse and can handle the load. Other said that is too many carries for a high school runningback in a single game.

I'm curious on this 

 

Did Riverview not throw it or did they just have like 100 offensive plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm curious on this 

 

Did Riverview not throw it or did they just have like 100 offensive plays

A couple option pitches. They had one intermediate pass on their final scoring drive. YAC plus pass were good for over 40 yards. Aside from that, just option pitches. 

Their principal offense was either hand off to Ali Boyce, or QB keeper. 

To answer the original question posed in the topic, I think 51 carries is too much, both because it wears out your back, and because you would think it makes your offense too easy to key in on if he is more than 50% of your offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we gonna litigate to limit the number of carries backs can get? Then we need to limit the number of passes QBs can throw and the number of blocks OL can make., etc....

We could just do away with the whole intentional contact thing but we'd need to keep the pads and helmets (someone might accidentally bump someone else), but put little ribbons on the little boys and let them play flag football instead. 

 

Sarcasm noted yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, s1nglewing said:

So we gonna litigate to limit the number of carries backs can get? Then we need to limit the number of passes QBs can throw and the number of blocks OL can make., etc....

We could just do away with the whole intentional contact thing but we'd need to keep the pads and helmets (someone might accidentally bump someone else), but put little ribbons on the little boys and let them play flag football instead. 

 

Sarcasm noted yet?

Of course someone decides to take it to the total opposite extreme. That is a lot of carries for one game. If he was up for it, which it seems he was, then cool, go for it. But you're talking about 2 or 3 games worth of carries in one game, I can see why that's looked at as a lot.

If he doesn't have a good game against DP, I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Bocefous70 said:

If he doesn’t have 51 carries there probably isn’t a game against DP to worry about. 

They're in a run heavy offense, I feel like the carries can be more evenly distributed. But you could be right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t write a whole lot on here but I feel like people questioning this at all is ridiculous. They won and probably because he touched the ball the amount of times necessary for them to win. That’s what football at this level is all about, fighting for your school and doing what it takes to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He carried the ball 51 times....That means the DT engaged with the guard more than 51 times. Are we gonna talk about him also. Look, if you run a up-tempo offense then you are gonna get a lot of snaps. It seems like the LOS is gonna get the brunt of the contact. Lets all for once talk about those dudes up front playing every down in this new up- tempo era of football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Just A Coach said:

He carried the ball 51 times....That means the DT engaged with the guard more than 51 times. Are we gonna talk about him also. Look, if you run a up-tempo offense then you are gonna get a lot of snaps. It seems like the LOS is gonna get the brunt of the contact. Lets all for once talk about those dudes up front playing every down in this new up- tempo era of football. 

You know linemen don-t matter.  A running back  tweaks a knee and he has a trainer and three coaches tripping over each other to  help him and a lineman blows his out and they yell at him not to let them see him limp.  The old "we gotta have you for the playoffs"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 2:05 AM, Just A Coach said:

He carried the ball 51 times....That means the DT engaged with the guard more than 51 times. Are we gonna talk about him also. Look, if you run a up-tempo offense then you are gonna get a lot of snaps. It seems like the LOS is gonna get the brunt of the contact. Lets all for once talk about those dudes up front playing every down in this new up- tempo era of football. 

are you serious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...