Quantcast
Jump to content

561_Fan

Blountstown/Madison final

Recommended Posts

What you confused about 

 

2014 first round exit to St Augustine on the road 

 

2015 we win district and advanced to final 4

 

 

2017 lost first round to Lincoln on road

 

2018??

 

Also

 

2012 district champs

2015 district champs 

2018??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dorsey Reaves said:

What u want man a participation trophy. Kids want a trophy for making it to second round and winning in 2015 hell fsu was good way back then too 

I hate participation trophies 

 

I was pointing out that last time we lost round 1 we proceeded to get 1 game from state so i wouldn't dismiss us quite yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dorsey Reaves said:

Or not enough recruits this year 

Thats fine talk from a school that manipulates there numbers to squeak into 1A. Everyone knows a TRUE 1A School does not have 60 team players EVERY Year! Much less graduate 20 SR or more every year. Why dont you just man up admit the truth? As a true 4A school you couldn't hack it in 4A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tigerfan1 said:

Thats fine talk from a school that manipulates there numbers to squeak into 1A. Everyone knows a TRUE 1A School does not have 60 team players EVERY Year! Much less graduate 20 SR or more every year. Why dont you just man up admit the truth? As a true 4A school you couldn't hack it in 4A.

Are you saying they’re ducking tougher competition???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.jmphs.org

This has as much to do with a Madison 1A title, as good players and off season workouts. Not saying that team or coaches don't work hard or aren't a great program but without the charter school they are not a 1A school. That charter school is on its first year of seniors this year. Madison Co sudden drop in enrollment occurred when the school opened. Madison has roughly 600 kids just under the 1A limit. The charter school has almost 200 kids. I think everyone would love to cut 25% of the enrollment but still use the kids. I know the Madison fans will say "maybe only 1 or 2 kids play from that school". I understand that argument but the fact remains they are and were always kids that made up that school. Again congratulations to Madison Co on a great season and great team. You guys have worked hard enough to finally get one after being close so many times. Also congrats to Btown I drastically undervalued them as a team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

http://www.jmphs.org

This has as much to do with a Madison 1A title, as good players and off season workouts. Not saying that team or coaches don't work hard or aren't a great program but without the charter school they are not a 1A school. That charter school is on its first year of seniors this year. Madison Co sudden drop in enrollment occurred when the school opened. Madison has roughly 600 kids just under the 1A limit. The charter school has almost 200 kids. I think everyone would love to cut 25% of the enrollment but still use the kids. I know the Madison fans will say "maybe only 1 or 2 kids play from that school". I understand that argument but the fact remains they are and were always kids that made up that school. Again congratulations to Madison Co on a great season and great team. You guys have worked hard enough to finally get one after being close so many times. Also congrats to Btown I drastically undervalued them as a team. 

That's what a lot of people dont want to understand. (For example if Trenton turned there school into a charter school and did not offer sports the kids at Trenton could go play football or any sport for that matter at Bell and Bell High School would not have to count the Trenton enrollment. There by keeping them in 1A with a official FHSAA count. When in fact they would be choosing a team based on a total enrollment of around 700 or more kids) In my opinion if any student from a Public Charter or Private school is allowed to play sports at the local public high school because that school does not offer sports then the public high school that accepts them must count the entire enrollment of the school sending the kids for classification purposes. That's the only way to close the loophole in the rules.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tigerfan1 said:

That's what a lot of people dont want to understand. (For example if Trenton turned there school into a charter school and did not offer sports the kids at Trenton could go play football or any sport for that matter at Bell and Bell High School would not have to count the Trenton enrollment. There by keeping them in 1A with a official FHSAA count. When in fact they would be choosing a team based on a total enrollment of around 700 or more kids) In my opinion if any student from a Public Charter or Private school is allowed to play sports at the local public high school because that school does not offer sports then the public high school that accepts them must count the entire enrollment of the school sending the kids for classification purposes. That's the only way to close the loophole in the rules.    

Y’all bring ur crying asses to Madison meet me at winn Dixie and we will go to James Madison it’s not that Big 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tigerfan1 said:

It dont have to be cuz 200 + 550 =750 = 3A or 4A LOL

There ain’t 100 kids there I’m for real come to Madison I’ll take u there that away u stop whining if u didn’t haft to dodge private schools or recruiting public would be ok 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the invite Dorsey but I don't have to. I just happened to eat lunch this week with one of the guys who signed on the loan for the school. I would guess that he probably knows little bit about it considering he has an investment in it. Again I am not trying to take away from Madison as a team or program, only explaining how they arrived in 1A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

I appreciate the invite Dorsey but I don't have to. I just happened to eat lunch this week with one of the guys who signed on the loan for the school. I would guess that he probably knows little bit about it considering he has an investment in it. Again I am not trying to take away from Madison as a team or program, only explaining how they arrived in 1A. 

Sure u are big boss man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Posts

    • Fort Walton Beach finally posted their position vacancy yesterday... with a close date of today. Guess they have their guy.
    • Proseteye, I was around when OTC was playing those teams, these new OTC teams are not on that level. Don't get me wrong they are good, but they just aren't the same.  In 2005, OTC struggled with Union County (twice) (Union was good then with CJ Spiller) and Pahokee on their way to a 14-0 season. In 2006, OTC goes 13-1 with a loss in the state championship to Pahokee. In 2007, Coach Bell is gone, schedule is upgraded, and OTC struggles to 7-5 including two losses to Newberry and a loss to Union County.  In 2008, OTC goes 12-2 with a loss against Mainland and Pahokee (again). In 2009, OTC goes 9-3 with loses against Bolles, Tampa Catholic, and Gainesville. in 2010, OTC goes 14-0 beats some impressive teams along the way including a Derrick Henry led Yulee team, Bolles, and University School (when University School was doing it's thing). in 2011, OTC goes 7-5 including losing to some local schools (Vanguard, North Marion, Gainesville).  In 2012, OTC goes 8-5. In 2013, OTC  goes 8-4. In 2014, OTC goes  10-2 against a fairly easy schedule to lose to the developing juggernaut of Trinity Christian. In 2015, OTC goes 4-8 (including a loss to Lake Weir) In 2016, OTC goes 4-5. In 2017, OTC goes 5-3 (misses playoffs). In 2018, OTC goes 5-5 (misses playoffs). In 2019, OTC goes 8-4 with an impressive home playoff win against Trinity Christian (Jax). So why go through the last few years, OTC's successes are a long time ago of when they were a dominant beast.  Vanguard: 2004: 2-7 2005: 5-5 2006: 5-5 2007: 2-8 2008: 0-10 2009: 6-6 2010: 10-3 2011: 7-4 2012: 6-6 2013: 5-5 2014: 4-6 2015: 9-3 2016: 10-2 2017: 11-1 2018: 13-1 2019: 9-3 I think partially what has happened is that Vanguard has stabilized it's football program. Notice the worse years of Vanguard coincide with the best years of OTC. There was a reason that OTC was called the Marion County All-Stars for a while. As long as Vanguard continues to have a solid program, OTC won't get the 1 or 2 additional star players they need to make them a state finalist. They will continue to be good, but not able to overcome some of the recruiting powerhouses. Additionally, if you go back to the years of 2B, it was made up of a lot of the larger 1A schools today. You weren't playing Trinity Christian, Pensacola Catholic, Florida High, Chaminade-Madonna to win the state, the competition was easier. It is telling that since they did away with 2B that Trinity has struggled with consistency.
    • Maybe you were not around when the Celtics were able to take on anybody and either defeat them or compete with them. Teams like TCA, Bolles, Jesuit, Gainesville, Vanguard, Pahokee, IMG, East Lake, Palmetto, Madison, University, Booker, and Mainland. All good teams and most of them in higher classifications. So, going up against Chaminade would not be something that is uncharacteristic of the Celtics. I'm really disappointed in Coach Thomas's decision to leave Trinity just when the team was getting ready to make some real noise. He already had the players at Trinity.
    • If you look at Marion County, they have a different situation where all team sports are paid the same as football coaches (except soccer and volleyball). The number has been $5,000 since 2007 and I willing to bet the reason why the basketball coach and the football coach are equal has to do with the work the Vanguard Basketball Coach Haley did in creating a program and pushing for higher pay. 
    • Local Control and Local Decisions (both in Georgia and Florida). It is a hard sell to both school boards and unions to pay a teacher less than 40K and then turn around a pay a football coach 65K for being a "coach," especially when principals and schools are graded not on how good a football program is, but whether the school is an A, B, C, D, or F. Florida as a whole does not support extracurriculars because the people living in the communities haven't been there long. We are a transient state. All the counties that we listed as top pay (Okaloose, Bay, Walton) are panhandle counties. Counties where people have lived in them forever. Where grandma's grandma lived. As a whole, I wonder what percentage of coaches take leadership roles in their local union and push for higher supplements (even if it was incremental of $100 a year). A lot of the unions seem to be led by elementary school teachers who have little experience with the value/importance of coaches.  As for gate... Let's think costs first... 1) Referees: $65 x 5 = $325 per game plus travel stipends 2) Security: $20 x 3 hours x 5 officers = $300 per game 3) Ticket Takers: $25 per game per individual (maybe 6 people): $150 per game 4) Line the Field: $100-200 in supplies per game _____________________________________  $875 per game (and this is a VERY conservative number).  Start adding in: New Jerseys/Pants (once every 2 years) ($140 for a set?) x 80 players Helmets Refurbished every year and replaced every XX years. Practice Gear Balls Pre-Game Meals HUDL Account Coach Polos/Outfits Practice Equipment (tackling dummies, blocking sledds, chutes).  I wish school districts would understand that if you want these boys and girls to representatives of your community than you should pay for them to be just that. Basic equipment and costs should be covered by the school districts. Teams should have to fund raise just in hopes having enough money to travel to a game or hire referees or get jerseys. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...