Quantcast
181pl

Lakeland @ Armwood

Lakeland @Armwood. Who you got?  

21 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Hawks or Dreadnaughts?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/22/2019 at 09:40 PM

8 hours ago, gwdrum75 said:

Just to add.....

As of this afternoon, Lakeland sold out of their allotment of tickets. So, the only way to get tickets now is at Armwood, or through GoFan with the "super secret" promo code: ArmwoodPlayoff

Armwood has stated that no tickets will be sold at the gate. 

Got mine from Go Fan, thanks for the info...

Get Naught-Y

3 hours ago, Legion37 said:

Got mine from Go Fan, thanks for the info...

Get Naught-Y

With Lakeland selling their 1000 tickets, plus the ones out of Armwood's allotment they bought from GoFan, the Lakeland side will be ridiculously packed. Those stands may hold 500-600. Then add in the band.......I'm thinking I may wear neutral clothing and sit on the Armwood side.

2 hours ago, gwdrum75 said:

With Lakeland selling their 1000 tickets, plus the ones out of Armwood's allotment they bought from GoFan, the Lakeland side will be ridiculously packed. Those stands may hold 500-600. Then add in the band.......I'm thinking I may wear neutral clothing and sit on the Armwood side.

Definitely, really to bad it has to be at a rinky dink stadium instead of a classic stadium... :)

Armwood's home side has plenty of room but the away side is small. They could put some temp bleachers in  spots, but I don't know if that is doable on only 1 week's notice. No other game, other than if they were playing a good Plant team in the playoffs, would have the need for additional bleachers.

3 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Armwood's home side has plenty of room but the away side is small. They could put some temp bleachers in  spots, but I don't know if that is doable on only 1 week's notice. No other game, other than if they were playing a good Plant team in the playoffs, would have the need for additional bleachers.

I was just looking at their stands on google maps....gonna be a tight fit tonight. 

Much credit to Armwood!

The only way Lakeland wins that game is if they played Mason Martin all game. Garnett proved to be a MAJOR disappointment. Didn't help that Arian Smith is very raw, and the other WR ended up being the weakest at that position they've had in many years. 

And I wish we would have seen the jumbo package a lot more, particularly the one with a shallow shotgun. I think the under center version was used once and stuffed and then we never saw it again.

Lastly, I hope you NEVER get stuck having to watch NFHS network to see your favorite team in a big game. Shockingly bad!

3 minutes ago, skyway said:

Much credit to Armwood!

The only way Lakeland wins that game is if they played Mason Martin all game. Garnett proved to be a MAJOR disappointment. Didn't help that Arian Smith is very raw, and the other WR ended up being the weakest at that position they've had in many years. 

And I wish we would have seen the jumbo package a lot more, particularly the one with a shallow shotgun. I think the under center version was used once and stuffed and then we never saw it again.

Lastly, I hope you NEVER get stuck having to watch NFHS network to see your favorite team in a big game. Shockingly bad!

That was terrible, wasn't it.  I just turned a California game on and the picture is crisp as can be.  

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

That was terrible, wasn't it.  I just turned a California game on and the picture is crisp as can be.  

I requested a refund right after the game. NOT as a sore loser, but as someone who knows when he's been ripped off. The camera operator literally could not keep the play within the frame...ever. That's when the feed wasn't cutting out completely.

why did Lakeland just abandon the running game? Bowman barely touched the ball? This game did not make any sense. Lakeland's defense play pretty tough but gave up a few big plays. Normally Lakeland would be right in this game but they gave up on the run? It was baffling?

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

why did Lakeland just abandon the running game? Bowman barely touched the ball? This game did not make any sense. Lakeland's defense play pretty tough but gave up a few big plays. Normally Lakeland would be right in this game but they gave up on the run? It was baffling?

with average backs, I'd understand it. But, Bowman (and to a lesser extent Kellum) is a threat to score any time. He doesn't need much of a hole. 

14 hours ago, Legion37 said:

Armwoods Defense is good, real good.

Armwood's field looks like it needs a coat of green paint.

Well I was wrong. Armwood kicked the snot out of Lakeland.

Agreed about the defense and the field. The field looked like a herd of cattle had been grazing there for a week straight. I was very surprised by that. 

As for the defense, Armwood wasn't giving the Naughts anything. Their D is certainly legit. 

The offense play calling on the Armwood side though? I was scratching my head on quite a few occasions. They passed the ball way too much when they should have been running the ball IMO. It was almost as if they wanted Lakeland to get back in the game instead of stepping on their throats.

19 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Armwood does not have the offense to compete with St Thomas. If they get by Edgewater with their defense, they'll get shutout in the final again.

It looks that way. I think Armwood has the horses to damage on offense, but the play calling needs to change. 

Armwood's formula for winning a state title involves a steady diet of conservative play-calling with the occasional shot downfield to Hall or Montgomery. If they can win the "Scores created by defense and special teams" category, which is so HUGE in Florida HS football these days, they can beat anyone.