Quantcast
561_Fan

Pahokee 28- MC 30 4th quarter

On 11/30/2019 at 1:01 PM, Proseteye said:

Come on friend. Pahokee did lose their Semi Final. Blountstown won theirs against Baker. Calling Blountstown trash is pretty unsportsmanlike, don't you think? After all they are playing Madison for the championship, are they not? If Blountstown is trash then what the hell is Pahokee?

I think you mistaked "Jesse" for a Pahokee fan. He's a Madison fan. No one from Pahokee called Blountston trash. 

3 hours ago, Original1 said:

I think you mistaked "Jesse" for a Pahokee fan. He's a Madison fan. No one from Pahokee called Blountston trash. 

Thanks. I don’t know anything about their program to make an opinion on them 

4 hours ago, Original1 said:

If that is the case then I was mistaken. Kind of hard to know who is who on this forum unless they identify themselves as to which team they support. I apologize to Pahokee folks for this misunderstanding. And, if he is a Madison player or fan he doesn't need to be calling an opponent names. I'm quite sure that he does not reflect the opinions of most of the Madison supporters as, with their level of ability, they never need to deride any other team. 

On 11/30/2019 at 1:32 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It's no different than saying MNW vs Central was the true 6a finals last year or Cardinal Gibbons vs AHP was state finals in 5a last 2 years

Blountstown isn't a horrible team but after how Pahokee played Madison last night I don't think Blountstown could beat Pahokee

Beating Madison is a much tougher challenge than beating Baker

Kinda like when Cocoa and BTW battled it out in the semis for years on end.

I know there was a lot of complaining about holding throughout this game. But this is the "real" reason why Madison scored that last minute game winning TD.

Great game nevertheless! The Madison vs Blounstown game should be a good one!

5 hours ago, Football fan said:

Did u see them miss Tackles?

The credit definitely goes to the running back. That kid Staten is fast! 

But Dude...you can't tell me Pk's #17 wasn't being held, that's why he couldn't attempt to make the initial tackle!

15 hours ago, Original1 said:

But Dude...you can't tell me Pk's #17 wasn't being held, that's why he couldn't attempt to make the initial tackle!

Just being straight with you, when I watched the clip (from both angles), what I saw was pretty standard, common-place WR on DB blocking.  Yes, it looks like the WR grabbed the DB's jersey (or sleeves) towards the end of the block, but by the time I saw this, the RB was 3-4 yards past the WR/DB.  I could see where a referee watching the play in real time might conclude, in the split second he has to make or not make the call, that the holding part of the block didn't affect the play, as it was behind the play.  I'm not saying that's the right answer, but I could see how that answer could be justified. 

What made that play successful, in my opinion, was the timing.  The QB got the ball of just in time and Madison's released the two big O-linemen who were then able to attack the smaller DB's out in space and in front of the player who caught the pass. 

I have no comment on any other calls or no-calls, but as a guy with no dog in the fight, I wouldn't be pointing to a non-call on that one play as the reason why one team won or lost that game.   Like I said, just trying to keep it real.  If you're a PK fan, you can and should be proud of the season they had and the game they gave MC.  

16 hours ago, Original1 said:

Just don’t think 17 tried to make the tackle!

21 hours ago, Original1 said:

I know there was a lot of complaining about holding throughout this game. But this is the "real" reason why Madison scored that last minute game winning TD.

Great game nevertheless! The Madison vs Blounstown game should be a good one!

No it won't Madison 52-0 blunts town. 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:10 AM, Perspective said:

Just being straight with you, when I watched the clip (from both angles), what I saw was pretty standard, common-place WR on DB blocking.  Yes, it looks like the WR grabbed the DB's jersey (or sleeves) towards the end of the block, but by the time I saw this, the RB was 3-4 yards past the WR/DB.  I could see where a referee watching the play in real time might conclude, in the split second he has to make or not make the call, that the holding part of the block didn't affect the play, as it was behind the play.  I'm not saying that's the right answer, but I could see how that answer could be justified. 

What made that play successful, in my opinion, was the timing.  The QB got the ball of just in time and Madison's released the two big O-linemen who were then able to attack the smaller DB's out in space and in front of the player who caught the pass. 

I have no comment on any other calls or no-calls, but as a guy with no dog in the fight, I wouldn't be pointing to a non-call on that one play as the reason why one team won or lost that game.   Like I said, just trying to keep it real.  If you're a PK fan, you can and should be proud of the season they had and the game they gave MC.  

Beautiful assessment! I respectfully disagree. I think the holding actually started as soon as the WR caught the the ball. The WR continued to hold the DB until the ball carrier was 3 to 4 yards in front of him. (Ironically, the referee was right there)  

Out of all the defenders, #17 was in the best position to either make the tackle or at least..slow the receiver down.

I am a Pahokee fan but I've worked in Madison (I have love for both), and a Madison fan actually sent me this video.

I wouldn't take anything away from either team. It was a great game between two really good football teams.

I'm sure they will both meet again in the future..

On 12/6/2019 at 11:35 AM, Jbaby32 said:

Na bud I think he was just trying to turn him back into nto the field so he wouldn’t hit the sideline! 

We really don't know why he was "trying" to do, because he was being held.

1 minute ago, Jbaby32 said:

Look at his reaction to the no call he didn’t show any emotion! Good no call on a night were  the calls were going y’all way all night long !!!!! 

What calls? PK didn't get many calls for them. We got hosed on every time the ref spotted the ball.