Quantcast
Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
GOVENOR

escambia gators vs miami central

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, uncleluke23 said:

So are you saying if all the talent in the area went to one school and the right coaching staff, Pensacola would make it's presence felt at the championship on a consistent basis ?

You'd need one school to hog all of the talent to have a shot nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

You think Miami Central is a all star team or has most of the talent in Dade lol 

No. I think 90% of the talent in Dade is consolidated at 5-6 schools. Central has a little more than any of those others as well. So, in an area as heavily populated with talent as Dade (there may not be another like it in the country) having that talent so heavily concentrated at a handful of schools means those schools are super talented. As you Dade folks have been quick to remind us, there are lots of really crappy Dade county teams (who've had their rosters raided by those 5-6 schools).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, skyway said:

No. I think 90% of the talent in Dade is consolidated at 5-6 schools. Central has a little more than any of those others as well. So, in an area as heavily populated with talent as Dade (there may not be another like it in the country) having that talent so heavily concentrated at a handful of schools means those schools are super talented. As you Dade folks have been quick to remind us, there are lots of really crappy Dade county teams (who've had their rosters raided by those 5-6 schools).

Which is true but that’s not what’s hurting those other schools.. The charters schools and the small privates made it worst imo and trust me those 5-6 school don’t have 90% of the talent...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if coaching has something to do with the 5-6 Dade County football teams who are successful over the other schools in the county. I remember some posters were criticizing the Central coaches earlier in the season. I will tell you that those Rocket players were being coached up very well in the 6A title game. I was very impressed by the Central coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Which is true but that’s not what’s hurting those other schools.. The charters schools and the small privates made it worst imo and trust me those 5-6 school don’t have 90% of the talent...

Maybe not 90%, but a percentage MUCH higher than their enrollment would suggest they'd have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jambun82 said:

I wonder if coaching has something to do with the 5-6 Dade County football teams who are successful over the other schools in the county. I remember some posters were criticizing the Central coaches earlier in the season. I will tell you that those Rocket players were being coached up very well in the 6A title game. I was very impressed by the Central coaches.

Sure, the coaching is likely better, which in turn attracts more players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Defense wise yes. To me they offense is ok.. Not something to go crazy about..

I can respect that. However we put up 30 in one half against Cent and they gave yall a td that was not a td and took our first td away saying sideline interference. We will be ok. Young freshman qb. Cent defense has to get better next year tho. But at end of the day both teams should be in same this same position next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, skyway said:

Escambia would qualify as an excellent, perhaps legendary, team per the standards of the 1980s or 90s. Before the trend of mass consolidation of area talent on a few teams, Escambia would have been a state champion mentioned as arguably the best team in their school's history. But they, along with, frankly, all of the other teams in those days, are no match for a team as loaded with Dade county's best players like Central is in recent years. They'd need to raid Pine Forest's roster to have a chance to beat a team like Miami Central.

 

I would say excellent not legendary.  They played in a weak region and hosted all games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Miami Central RBs are special. I didn't get to see the game last night but I was at the Palmetto game. Those MC backs kept running off-tackle plays and breaking tackles one after another. Palmetto was in position alot/most of the time but those MC backs were never brought down by the first defender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

I can respect that. However we put up 30 in one half against Cent and they gave yall a td that was not a td and took our first td away saying sideline interference. We will be ok. Young freshman qb. Cent defense has to get better next year tho. But at end of the day both teams should be in same this same position next year. 

Oh not a cheap shot lol. But im pretty sure you know where im coming from. Weve both seen dominating teams. Both Da West and Central arent that dominating imo this year. My boy coach oline at Da West. Coach Tee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

Those Miami Central RBs are special. I didn't get to see the game last night but I was at the Palmetto game. Those MC backs kept running off-tackle plays and breaking tackles one after another. Palmetto was in position alot/most of the time but those MC backs were never brought down by the first defender. 

Facts and i would argue Palmetto had the team to beat Central. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Oh not a cheap shot lol. But im pretty sure you know where im coming from. Weve both seen dominating teams. Both Da West and Central arent that dominating imo this year. My boy coach oline at Da West. Coach Tee.

Nah I feel you. Oline has improved over the year and I look forward to seeing how next year unfolds. Even with non dominating teams as in the past when the teams play their A game other parts of the state are not consistently on par with the level of play the best teams in South Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Posts

    • I understand your point.   From my perspective, it just shows the fallacy of trying to determine who the "best" teams are before the playoff games have been played.    Again, I see your point, but I'd have a tough time seeding a district runner-up over all the district winners except for one and giving a district runner-up the home-field advantage over all the district winners except for one.  Winning a district ought to count for something and penalizing a district winner (with a lower RPI and, therefor, a seeding worse than a district runner-up) because the other teams in its district had a bad year just doesn't sit right with me. 
    • Right, but if the purpose of seeding is to ensure that the best teams are making the regional finals and the #5 seed is better than the #2 and #3 seed, then the #5 seed shouldn't meet the #1 seed until the finals. Either way, I think the system added a little intrigue, but only because the MaxPreps system is not as transparent as the RPI system.  
    • 1 Santa Fe Catholic  25-2 2 Forest Hill  25-2 3 Bartow  25-1 4 Orlando Christian Prep  24-2 5 St Andrews  21-5 6 Sanford Seminole  23-4 7 University School  18-6 8 Westminster Academy  19-8  9 Chaminade Madonna  19-8 10 Mater Academy  23-4 11 East Lake  23-3 12 Dillard  20-7 13 Andrew Jackson  21-3 14 Paxon  22-5 15 Pine Crest  19-6  16 Northeast (Oakland Park)  20-6 17 Pembroke Pines Charter  22-2 18 Gulliver Prep  21-6 19 Stranahan  19-9 20 South Miami  21-5 21 North Florida Educational Institution  22-4 22 Miramar  19-6 23 Dwyer  22-4 24 Tampa Catholic  22-5 25 Columbia  25-2 26 Lee  21-4 27 Riviera Prep  22-6 28 Windermere Prep  25-3 29 Choctawhatchee  21-6 30 Lake Nona  21-5   Others receiving consideration:   Schoolhouse Prep 17-8 Central Florida Christian Academy  20-7 Grandview Prep  18-7 Lake Highland Prep  21-6 Oak Ridge  18-8 North Miami  15-6 Sagemont  19-8 Doral Academy  17-7 Deerfield Beach  15-7 Florida High  20-6 Fleming Island  19-8 Blanche Ely  11-13 Lincoln  22-5 Wharton   24-3 Sickles  20-7 Dr Phillips  19-7 Apopka  18-9 Osceola  19-7 Forest  20-7 Eastside  20-7 Lakewood  23-5 Windermere  19-8 The Villages Charter  20-6 Mainland  17-10 Sarasota Riverview  23-5 Bishop Kenny  22-4 Seminole  18-5 Providence  18-9 Wildwood  20-7 Mosley  21-5 Rutherford  21-6 Mount Dora Christian  26-1 Calvary Christian  20-7 Impact Christian  15-7 Wellington  21-6 Pensacola  19-5 Leesburg  16-9 Jones  15-10 North Broward Prep  18-10 George Jenkins  19-8 Hawthorne  21-3 Lakewood Ranch  18-7 Winter Haven  22-8 Bolles  18-8 Western  16-7 Charlotte  19-8 Vero Beach  17-8 Park Vista  19-6 Lakeland  19-8 Boyd Anderson  16-11 Westminster Christian  18-8 Martin County  22-3 Palatka  19-7 Berkeley Prep  22-4 Jesuit  22-6 Rickards  16-7 Belen Jesuit  17-10
    • Do you still think I had Columbia too high after they beat 20th ranked in the state Lincoln (maxpreps) to win a district Championship while down 2 starters with injury?     Said it before, I'll say it again   Nobody knows Columbia better than me, if I put them somewhere or give insight on them there's always a reason behind it  
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...