Powerhouse teams?

DisabledAccount

As much of a Lakeland homer as I am, I don't see Lakeland in that category right now. They were there for a very long time from 04-11 and they have the possibility to get there this season. Between 2012 - 2014, they were knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st or 2nd round each year. And last year, they had the major letdown against Bartow that caused them to have to scramble just to make the playoffs. Then they really underestimated Viera, They have everything in place to be a powerhouse in 7A north this year. Just have to prove it on the field.

STA

BTW

MC

AHP

TCA

Manatee

Armwood

Plant

Osceola

Mainland

Cocoa

Lakeland

Bolles

IMG

Outsiders

Deerfield Beach

Columbus

Dr Phillips

Jefferson

Flanagan

Miramar

Palm Bay

Scratch Palm Bay & Jefferson from the outsider list IMO. 

Can we really call Kiss. Osceola a powerhouse right now? To me, I think they still have a little more to prove.

AHD should be in the powerhouse category. Oxbridge should be in the outsider category. 

I think Lakeland has dropped that status. Manatee is getting close to dropping the status too. 

Scratch Palm Bay & Jefferson from the outsider list IMO.

Can we really call Kiss. Osceola a powerhouse right now? To me, I think they still have a little more to prove.

AHD should be in the powerhouse category. Oxbridge should be in the outsider category.

I think Lakeland has dropped that status. Manatee is getting close to dropping the status too.

I did it because of name but you might be right

Critiera?

State Powerhouse:  Consistently play for and win state championships;  STA, BTW, Miami Central,  

Regional Powerhouse:  Consistently win their district and advance in deep in the playoffs:  Armwood, Bolles, Lakeland, Manatee, Maitland, Cocoa

Really Good:  Consistently have a winning season, make the playoffs:   Glades Central, Fort Meade, 

State Powerhouse: Consistently play for and win state championships; STA, BTW, Miami Central,

Regional Powerhouse: Consistently win their district and advance in deep in the playoffs: Armwood, Bolles, Lakeland, Manatee, Maitland, Cocoa

Really Good: Consistently have a winning season, make the playoffs: Glades Central, Fort Meade,

Umm I can't guarantee us as a powerhouse but we defently fit that last one, only 2 losing seasons since 87' and only 3 times missing playoffs since 93

Umm I can't guarantee us as a powerhouse but we defently fit that last one, only 2 losing seasons since 87' and only 3 times missing playoffs since 93

I can't really put AHP is the top category because they are a johnny come lately.  I'd put them in the 2nd.  Same with Bishop Moore, even though they won the state title, and probably Tampa Jesuit, Charlotte, and Venice in the 3rd group.  

State Powerhouse:  Consistently play for and win state championships;  STA, BTW, Miami Central, AHP, and TCA,  

Regional Powerhouse:  Consistently win their district and advance in deep in the playoffs:  Armwood, Bolles, Lakeland, Manatee, Maitland, Cocoa

Really Good:  Consistently have a winning season, make the playoffs:   Glades Central, Fort Meade, 

I totally agree with this. Added TCA to the elite schools because they dominate 3A and very well would beat most of the Regional Powerhouses. Missed AHP even though they got it handed to them by BTW. BTW could beat STA this year. They will Next year.

Until Cocoa can get past BTW they remain in the regional powerhouse group.

As much of a Lakeland homer as I am, I don't see Lakeland in that category right now. They were there for a very long time from 04-11 and they have the possibility to get there this season. Between 2012 - 2014, they were knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st or 2nd round each year. And last year, they had the major letdown against Bartow that caused them to have to scramble just to make the playoffs. Then they really underestimated Viera, They have everything in place to be a powerhouse in 7A north this year. Just have to prove it on the field.

Maybe not now,but you still have to recognize their accomplishments.Not too long ago they were on top.

Maybe not now,but you still have to recognize their accomplishments.Not too long ago they were on top.

Absolutely. They have the chance to get back there again this year. Would love to see my daughter cheer her final high school game in Orlando.  :)

You must have tough criteria if a team with 10 finals appearances in 14 years is just a regional power.

They were state powerhouse when they were winning them but as they started to lose those title games they dropped a tier, read gwdrum's standard

State powerhouses are teams winning titles

Regional powerhouses are ones getting deep and winning district

So would you put Bolles as a equal powerhouse to level of BTW, STA or central?

They were state powerhouse when they were winning them but as they started to lose those title games they dropped a tier, read gwdrum's standard

State powerhouses are teams winning titles

Regional powerhouses are ones getting deep and winning district

So would you put Bolles as a equal powerhouse to level of BTW, STA or central?

I suppose that's fair. Although if BTW was in any other class I think we'd be counting bolles in this. But you know what they say about if. Because at the same time it can be argued cocoa would take it to bolles had btw not.

I totally agree with this. Added TCA to the elite schools because they dominate 3A and very well would beat most of the Regional Powerhouses. Missed AHP even though they got it handed to them by BTW. BTW could beat STA this year. They will Next year.

Until Cocoa can get past BTW they remain in the regional powerhouse group.

I suppose TCA can get put in the top category as they have been pretty dominate in their class.  I can't help it, but every time I see or hear of TCA, I remember them getting beat 6-0 by Frostproof in the state championship.  A long time ago I know, but its always the first thing to pop in my mind.  

In Central Florida the regional powerhouses are...

Mainland (top 10 state)

Apopka (top 10 state)

Cocoa (top 10 state)

Dr. Phillips (80-11 since '09, 106-21 since '06, 1 title app, 2 final four, 4 regional title games. 2nd round or better every year since 2006

Osceola (state appearances and 1 title)