STA @ Bishop Gorman

Proseteye

Do you think that the long flight and the 3 hour time difference will work against STA? When you stop and consider that the game starts at 7 PM Pacific Time which is 10 PM Eastern. The 4th quarter may be played at 1 AM STA Time. I would imagine most high school students tend to start going to bed by 10 PM at home, especially on school nights. B)

Didn't stop BTW....

If Jake Allen can just throw the rock good, STA wins easy... I been stop taking Cali teams serious.... This is the most complete team Gorman will play all year and STA has the oline n dline and team speed... I got STA.... I watch some of the Cocoa vs Gorman game n if Cocoa had a better line n a better qb, I would of been a tighter game...

Gorman is from Nevada.

because of a kick off classic.....not a game....not a game....we sittin here talkin about a kick off classic....a classic?!  lol

The problem with evaluation on kickoff classics is different teams treat it differently

Some use it as a 4 quarter test and some use it as a jamboree then play jv in second haft

MDP got really pissed w/ STA this year because they ran up the score on Dillard in their KoC, so I was just throwing in some Iverson to get his 954 head straight lol.  

Three of their top defenders are from Hawaii.   Haskell Garret commited to OSU, Palaie Gaoteote (2018 5 star LB), also Issac Slade-Matautia (LB with FBS offers).   

http://vype.com/nationalhsfootball/2014/03/25/bishop-gorman-adds-two-class-of-2017-prospects-from-hawaii/

http://khon2.com/2016/09/15/hawaii-strong-sam-spangler-goes-to-las-vegas-for-hawaii-strong/

Also a ton of them are from Cali.   Martell, Lindsey, etc.  If they were pure Nevada they wouldn't be so strong.  Nevada isn't known to be rich in talent.  

For example look at the facilities comparison.   BG's looks like a college facility.   Not that any of that matters, in the end they are all still High school kids, and I'd say the Sofla kids would beat Gorman most years.   This year happens to be the best Gorman's ever been.   Lets see what they got!

I have to say that STA played one heck of a game. I had BG winning by 2 td's. I missed that one. 

I'm sure STA wins if they played in Florida.

Crazy game with a missed 3 point kick by STA in the 2nd OT for the win. Luck was with BG.

What a game.  STA probably wins that game in regulation if Trevon Grimes did not get hurt in the 3rd.  That injury did not look good.  Never would have thought a game of that magnitude would essentially end on a encroachment penalty which led to BG going for 2.    Between that loss and the BTW loss at the goal line that is a rough way to swallow 2 losses...

Guess I was the only one who stayed up to watch to the end wow what a game final BG 25 STA 24 3 overtimes

Man, needed an Aspirin for that ending. Two juggernauts played against the best D front they've faced this year. Both looked ugly as hell on offense for most of the game, then lit it up in OT. The goaline stand on 4th and inches was one of the best stands I've seen on the HS level especially considering BG's Oline. Shitty STA missed the FG. It was partially tipped and literally landed on the crossbar and bounced out! Then STA scored and BG went for 2. BG had a lot of guts going for that after getting stuffed previously (it was a full yard this time).

I think STA needs a bit more of a killer instinct. They had several opportunities where they played it super safe that could have ended it sooner, but BG is a hellova football team. If Gorman would have lost I think an inferior team would have ended up #1.

BG wears Cocoa down and thrashes them. STA plays BG even. BTW beats STA. Miami Central crushes BTW. Carol City beats down MC. Are IMG and AH-P the only Florida monsters in 2016?

I don't think AHP would fare that well against BG or STA, but they do have a strong defense so...never know. IMG can play with anyone, but AHP, STA, BG have the horses up front AND a secondary that could stay with them. Someone on the other board was saying that IMG would play the #1 team end of the season. I think Gorman would be up for it if they don't choke big time.