Week 6 Pick em results

nolebull813

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Working on my comeback to the top. Rockledge just had to screw me over this week.

After watching them play us, I believe Rockledge also has trouble sustaining offense vs good defense.  They hardly moved the ball on us all game until the final game winning drive.  That was aided by 2 penalties of the 15-yard variety and a great or lucky play (depending on who you were rooting for) by the QB to avoid a sack and convert a crucial 4th down near the redzone to keep the drive alive.  Against good defensive teams I think they will struggle.  Their annual rivalry at years end vs Cocoa won't be close.  Just advising as a friend to not catch the same ailment apparently Darter has for APK.:D

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

After watching them play us, I believe Rockledge also has trouble sustaining offense vs good defense.  They hardly moved the ball on us all game until the final game winning drive.  That was aided by 2 penalties of the 15-yard variety and a great or lucky play (depending on who you were rooting for) by the QB to avoid a sack and convert a crucial 4th down near the redzone to keep the drive alive.  Against good defensive teams I think they will struggle.  Their annual rivalry at years end vs Cocoa won't be close.  Just advising as a friend to not catch the same ailment apparently Darter has for APK.:D

You're definitely right about their offense is pretty much non-existent this season. They had a QB change last week due to the starter being "hurt" lol yet they had him playing DB. Had him start this week and nothing changed lol. They do better against in county teams. Brevard as a whole is bad offensively besides a few teams. The Merritt Island vs Eau Gallie game was just like the Rock vs TCA game with a score of 12 EG 11 MI on a last second big run for a score. If Rockledge doesn't win their district this season they won't make the playoffs. There's a couple games this I'm gonna have to ponder on for the pick ems lol

8 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

You're definitely right about their offense is pretty much non-existent this season. They had a QB change last week due to the starter being "hurt" lol yet they had him playing DB. Had him start this week and nothing changed lol. They do better against in county teams. Brevard as a whole is bad offensively besides a few teams. The Merritt Island vs Eau Gallie game was just like the Rock vs TCA game with a score of 12 EG 11 MI on a last second big run for a score. If Rockledge doesn't win their district this season they won't make the playoffs. There's a couple games this I'm gonna have to ponder on for the pick ems lol

After revisiting the game, Rockledge recorded first down thru the first quarters with a bunch of consecutive 3 and outs with a pick 6 sandwiched in between.  Their two TD's came from a Kickoff return and one of the two fumbles we committed around the 10 yard line after driving inside the redzone.  It was Taevion's first game in the last 4 or 5 months returning from surgery, so the mesh point was slightly off all night.  The Rock recovered the one miscue around the 10 yard line and scooped it up for a 90 yard score. Another one went into the endzone for a touchback to prevent another score.  Taevion had a total of 3 fumbles, so the rust showed, plus we had an INT to kill another drive.   It was a game where we probably outgained them 3 to 1, should have won by two scores or more and simply gave it away.  Had a much easier outing Friday night against rival St. Cloud for a 49-3 win.  It is the 5th oldest rivalry in the entire state and had a lot of hype hitting the landmark 100th game between the 2 teams.  Lot of pomp and circumstance drawing lots of alums, former players and coaches, politicians and dignitaries from both towns swelling the attendance to several thousand.  Was a fun filled night to say the least.