Chaminade-Madonna

gatorman-uf

They haven't lost to a Florida team since September of 2021 (and only have lost once since then in an after the season game). Is this the week that Chaminade finally loses? Cardinal Newman led by Jack Daniels (formerly of W.T. Dwyer) is leading the team. They got a bunch of highly rated transfers in. Newman lost an ugly rain fill game against Miami Northwestern early in the year. Newman's season schedule only has Palm Beach Central as the remaining participant.

Meanwhile, Chaminade-Madonna schedule has remaining playoff teams of:
Coconut Creek
American Heritage (Plantation)
Cardinal Gibbons
Miami Central

So if Newman stays within two scores, it is a victory, right?

25 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

They haven't lost to a Florida team since September of 2021 (and only have lost once since then in an after the season game). Is this the week that Chaminade finally loses? Cardinal Newman led by Jack Daniels (formerly of W.T. Dwyer) is leading the team. They got a bunch of highly rated transfers in. Newman lost an ugly rain fill game against Miami Northwestern early in the year. Newman's season schedule only has Palm Beach Central as the remaining participant.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently behind liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19
Â
1x
Playback Rate
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Picture-in-PictureFullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Coconut Creek
Cardinal Gibbons
Miami Central

Wrong. It’s only a victory if Newman has at least one point than Chaminade. 

4 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Coconut Creek
Cardinal Gibbons
Miami Central

Yeah just like Creek’s claim to fame. Losing to Chaminade by single digits…..lol

29 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I actually think Coconut Creek will keep the game against Aquinas close before losing. They are a solid team and I don't think this is the best team St. Thomas has put out there. 

Agree. Creek has the defense to hang with Aquinas. BUT if Aquinas scores quick, wins the field position game(which they almost always do), excels, as usual in every phase of special teams, & win the turnover Battle (which they almost always do), the defense will wear out. STA has improved incredibly since the beginning of the season. 

54 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Agree. Creek has the defense to hang with Aquinas. BUT if Aquinas scores quick, wins the field position game(which they almost always do), excels, as usual in every phase of special teams, & win the turnover Battle (which they almost always do), the defense will wear out. STA has improved incredibly since the beginning of the season. 

STA is a team you don't want to play at their place, every year they're peaking at this time with home field advantage.....with that said, I got STA with a running clock and facing either Jones or Jesuit next week

14 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

They are arguably the best team in the state regardless of classification...playing in one of the weaker (of many) divisions.

They are clearly the best team in the state beating the schedule they have. Only IMG and STA would have a chance to beat them and I would favor CM this year over either of those teams. There is a comparative between IMG and CM, and that's St. Francis, which CM defeated with relative ease and IMG had a close game with. But to be fair SFA is playing better now at the end of the year then when CM caught them.

11 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I actually think Coconut Creek will keep the game against Aquinas close before losing. They are a solid team and I don't think this is the best team St. Thomas has put out there. 

I was being facetious. I think STA wins but not by 70. Probably by 24 or so. 

9 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

STA is a team you don't want to play at their place, every year they're peaking at this time with home field advantage.....with that said, I got STA with a running clock and facing either Jones or Jesuit next week

You know STA is pulling for Jesuit. They'd love to get Jesuit at home after the upset at Jesuit a few years back. Payback will be a b**** if that happens.  Jesuit and Jones is likely to be one of the best games in this round. Edgewater looked pretty dominant all year and Jones pulled the upset. Jesuit has gotten better as the year went on. 

18 minutes ago, 181pl said:

You know STA is pulling for Jesuit. They'd love to get Jesuit at home after the upset at Jesuit a few years back. Payback will be a b**** if that happens.  Jesuit and Jones is likely to be one of the best games in this round. Edgewater looked pretty dominant all year and Jones pulled the upset. Jesuit has gotten better as the year went on. 

STA smashed Jesuit last year, if they play same will happen.....I also noticed that STA punishes teams that have either beat them or played a close game with them