Cocoa vrs Bartram trail

Tiger86

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I agree. I think they are a more complete team. However, I think Cocoa wins a State Title and BT does not. You sometimes win an important battle but not the war.

Darter, we're on the same wave length. I'm not a good predictor of future results (See: Hillary) , but maybe you are. Both teams are solid. BT isn't top notch in pass defense. Can Cocoa pass ? Will Cocoa pass ? Style wise total opposites. Coaching staffs ? Both are very good. Should be an excellent game. 

16 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I agree. I think they are a more complete team. However, I think Cocoa wins a State Title and BT does not. You sometimes win an important battle but not the war.

Honestly i have to disagree, I've watched bartram trail first hand and i don't see them getting past regionals, they outscore teams but defense is suspect sooner or later bartram trail will have a off night and it will end their season 

If cocoa can pass in this game i see cocoa taking it by double digits 

If Cantrell can set, his deep ball is catchable. He ia very good at screens and slants when he has time. Cocoa's secondary has a hard time just knocking the deep ball down. They're going for the int instead of just knocking it down, and lose the battle more often than not. DC needs to stress that the defenders need to just knock the ball away on the hail mary type of plays.

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Honestly i have to disagree, I've watched bartram trail first hand and i don't see them getting past regionals, they outscore teams but defense is suspect sooner or later bartram trail will have a off night and it will end their season 

If cocoa can pass in this game i see cocoa taking it by double digits 

You're pretty hard on BT,  Columbia. You do know them better then us having seen them more over the last few years. Outside of a slower defensive backfield they looked decent on that side of the ball. And that two-headed QB thing on offense can score some points. How they stack up state wide is beyond me. Just from reading the message boards they seem similar to Viera.  

8 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

You're pretty hard on BT,  Columbia. You do know them better then us having seen them more over the last few years. Outside of a slower defensive backfield they looked decent on that side of the ball. And that two-headed QB thing on offense can score some points. How they stack up state wide is beyond me. Just from reading the message boards they seem similar to Viera.  

Viera is more explosive on offense and from what i can tell has a better and more complete defense

Bartram trail has gatewood who looks like a early FL Tebow and a solid passer in Riley Smith but can only play 1 qb at a time 

Bartram trail a solid team but the people on national board labeling them a threat in 7a are trying to create more hype than is necessary  

A team who has given up 51 and 61 points in elimination games past 2 years don't strike me as a team who is best in 7a north especially when they seem to be not too much better than last year team

Good team yes but cocoa a proven commodity, bartram trail has to prove it

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Viera is more explosive on offense and from what i can tell has a better and more complete defense

Bartram trail has gatewood who looks like a early FL Tebow and a solid passer in Riley Smith but can only play 1 qb at a time 

Bartram trail a solid team but the people on national board labeling them a threat in 7a are trying to create more hype than is necessary  

A team who has given up 51 and 61 points in elimination games past 2 years don't strike me as a team who is best in 7a north especially when they seem to be not too much better than last year team

Good team yes but cocoa a proven commodity, bartram trail has to prove it

Where is the national board?

15 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Agree on all these comments. Bartram sounds like Viera. Cocoa secondary tackled just enough to pull out that game. Sounds like Bartram strength on offense is passing and if QB is on that night they have a chance to win. Cocoa will try and grind out the win, which they are great at.

Only difference is viera has a far better defense then bartram trail 

I like the schedule BT played early in the season.  Now they have what looks like a tough road district game at Flemming Island.  We will see what kind of attitude they have after this weeks game (win or lose) which is much bigger game.  From what little film I have watched of BT and the ESPN game they were on; I do not give them much of a chance with the road trip to Cocoa.  Viera has a bye week that week, sounds like a good happy hour for me and will go check out Cooca vs. Bartram Trail.

Cocoa 40 Bartram Trail 13 

2 minutes ago, Mustangs78 said:

I did misread a web site, thanks for correction.  Any good seafood or BBQ spots to pre-game at near the St. Johns river?  I revise my prediction.

Cocoa 34  Bartram Trail 16

There's a few good ones in St Augustine which is in St John's county 

I'll get back to you when i remember name of it