Quantcast
Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
DB4

Coaching changes

Recommended Posts


They've been pretty good since 2013, winning between 9-11 games from 2013-16. They lost their best RB, probably best player, to Miami Senior last offseason (Johnny Ford).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Menendez? 

 

Aren't they in the playoffs right now? 

Yeah. I'm not sure why the job is up and posted but it went up on the FHSAA website last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Menendez thing is probably legit. This could explain why they have the position open:

http://staugustine.com/sports/local-sports/high-school/2017-08-16/menendez-football-coach-patrick-turner-takes-over-ad

Taking over as AD, probably just trucked through this season and waited until the end of the year to put out an ad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FootballScoop has a ton today:

Port St. Joe (FL): Per source, head coach John Palmer will not return.

Liberty (FL): Per source, head coach Doug Gabriel has been let go.

Ridgewood (FL): With the school eliminating all sports to transition into a technical school, head coach Jay Fulmer will no longer lead the football program.

Land O’Lakes (FL): Brian Wachtel will not return as head coach, per source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DB4 said:

FootballScoop has a ton today:

Port St. Joe (FL): Per source, head coach John Palmer will not return.

Liberty (FL): Per source, head coach Doug Gabriel has been let go.

Ridgewood (FL): With the school eliminating all sports to transition into a technical school, head coach Jay Fulmer will no longer lead the football program.

Land O’Lakes (FL): Brian Wachtel will not return as head coach, per source.

Check the source on PSJ.  Palmer looked pretty good when I talked to him yesterday.  Unless he is the source,  I wouldn't count him out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sharkbait said:

Check the source on PSJ.  Palmer looked pretty good when I talked to him yesterday.  Unless he is the source,  I wouldn't count him out.

And the FlaHSFootball Twitter also reported the same thing the same day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DB4 said:

And the FlaHSFootball Twitter also reported the same thing the same day. 

I shared that on the board a couple of weeks ago.  Palmer has been at practice and upstairs during the last game and in the locker room pregame and at the half.  Josh Dailey is performing HC duties and running day to day operations but Palmer is taking a bigger part in things over the last week and a half.  I don't know what next year holds but PSJ will have about 20 seniors.  I do know that after the news story broke that there were multiple coaches from successful high schools and some D1 college assistants that made contact with the school about the job.  I do know that the job is not open at this time and the school is not actively seeking a replacement for Palmer.  Ideally everyone associated with PSJ would like to see Coach Palmer get a clean bill of health and return to his duties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dawgs said:

windermere posted on fhsaa,

ocoee?  poinciana?  both rumored to be open, unoffically tho

Poinciana is official. It's on the FHSAA website too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Isn't Windermere just a year old? Wonder what happened there

tough to win there with former apopka admin and ad. I would think expectations are real high, but they didn't get west orange best kids, nor will they.  3classes, no,seniors and they are 7a, in a growing like a weed area.  Will surpass capacity in 2 to 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dawgs said:

tough to win there with former apopka admin and ad. I would think expectations are real high, but they didn't get west orange best kids, nor will they.  3classes, no,seniors and they are 7a, in a growing like a weed area.  Will surpass capacity in 2 to 3 years.

I figured they would struggle this season, but as a head coach, if you take that job, it's definitely more than a one-year project. Unless something else amazing comes along for that coach. Idk the situation, just thinking out loud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...