Palm Beach Central Roster

FloTech

3 hours ago, FloTech said:

I heard this team is loaded and it's true the Broncos are loaded as hell....

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/roster.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=dff0a516-e4bf-4a6c-b27a-e077d8321bef

That's probably a very inaccurate roster. Not saying they won't be good. But Max Preps is not know for accuracy!

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

That's probably a very inaccurate roster. Not saying they won't be good. But Max Preps is not know for accuracy!

Somebody from Palm Beach said that PB Central should be the best team in PBC this year 

9 minutes ago, Cjm04 said:

PBC receives a LOT of transfers, so I do not put it past them to really reload this offseason.  Oxbridge is getting ready to look at LOT different.

PB Central looks senior heavy this year with ahkeem dent 

38 minutes ago, Cjm04 said:

PBC receives a LOT of transfers, so I do not put it past them to really reload this offseason.  Oxbridge is getting ready to look at LOT different.

Haven't at least a couple talented players (like out of Oxbridge Academy) transferred to Delray Atlantic as well?

Agree but until those changes happen at Oxbridge they are still arguably the best coached team and although they lack depth they still have some solid starters....Including arguably the best QB in PB County or perhaps South Florida.  I understand the change may be coming but until it does the Thunderwolves are still a extremely efficient machine.  You will know Oxbridge has taken their last stand once Dwyer finally decides to play them. :lol:

11 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Haven't at least a couple talented players (like out of Oxbridge Academy) transferred to Delray Atlantic as well?

Agree but until those changes happen at Oxbridge they are still arguably the best coached team and although they lack depth they still have some solid starters....Including arguably the best QB in PB County or perhaps South Florida.  I understand the change may be coming but until it does the Thunderwolves are still a extremely efficient machine.  You will know Oxbridge has taken their last stand once Dwyer finally decides to play them. :lol:

You are stretching it with the best in South FL. Unless Oxbridge get a truck load of transfers this summer, they will be a decline. They don't even know if they will play a spring game due to lack of players. Palm Beach Central have a few athletes. Especially on the defensive side. Offense will need help. 

I wouldn't put Atlantic ahead of Palm beach Central this year, head to head last season Palm Beach Central beat Atlantic and that was probably Atlantic best team in history, Palm Beach Central from what I'm hearing brought back majority of their team from last season so I won't be surprise if they are loaded. Oxbridge does not have the depth right now to compete against the top level teams in Palm Beach County right now but if they can add some talent to go with the players they have right now they can have potentially a good team right now. I also hear Dwyer will be pretty good this year as well but my top 5 preseason will have Palm Beach Central right up there with Atlantic, Pahokee and Dwyer, I have to wait and see what happens with Oxbridge because I'm hearing the same thing about them not playing a spring a game because of lack of depth 

Central already has about 7 transfers so far, so who knows what's going to happen over the summer. Offensively, they are VERY limited (going off how they played last year), but that was by design of the coaches (putting their best players/athletes on the defensive side of the ball),

They remind me of the Atlantic teams...lights out defense and a boring/limited offense...This will probably be their best team EVER.

Wish Pahokee and Central could've agreed to a game because that would've been A LOT of talent on the field..maybe even got ESPN or Saban to come watch a game.

2 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Central already has about 7 transfers so far, so who knows what's going to happen over the summer. Offensively, they are VERY limited (going off how they played last year), but that was by design of the coaches (putting their best players/athletes on the defensive side of the ball),

They remind me of the Atlantic teams...lights out defense and a boring/limited offense...This will probably be their best team EVER.

Wish Pahokee and Central could've agreed to a game because that would've been A LOT of talent on the field..maybe even got ESPN or Saban to come watch a game.

Vero play them last in the jamboree you think they will go to states this year

1 hour ago, FloTech said:

Vero play them last in the jamboree you think they will go to states this year

Depends on what they do with their offense..last year they won with defense, and they would put A. Dent on offense to wake them up. 

They have to replace their QB, but they have a soph WR (upcoming JR) who has some power 5 offers who looks like the real deal. It depends on what they do with their offensive personnel

14 hours ago, MuckCityChamp said:

You are stretching it with the best in South FL. Unless Oxbridge get a truck load of transfers this summer, they will be a decline. They don't even know if they will play a spring game due to lack of players. Palm Beach Central have a few athletes. Especially on the defensive side. Offense will need help. 

As to Gio Richardson being "the best" in South FL - those are your words, not mine. I stated Gio Richardson is "arguably" the best QB  in PB County or perhaps South Florida.  Now, to stay on topic please advise all of the other 2019 and 2020 QB that are so great in SFL and convincingly better than Geo Richardson?  Because there are so many great SFL QBs, right?

Enlighten me. 

Hint: Tutu Atwell is off to Louisville. 

As to Oxbridge Academy as a team.  I am considering the fact that they have been the best and most talented team in PB County the last two years, are arguably still the best coached team in PB County.  I understand the roster has taken a hit and will lack depth (again) this year but consider that as of now (3/12/2018) they still have a pretty solid roster of starters and are probably a few lineman away from being a threat to return to Orlando.  I also understand that they are a few outbound transfers away from potentially being a struggling 3A roster but let's stick with the facts until something changes otherwise.  I will be the first to admit if and when Oxbridge Academy is a sunk ship . I promise .  For now I will give the program the benefit of the doubt that we are only in March and things may also maintain or improve.  

11 hours ago, Mashburns said:

I wouldn't put Atlantic ahead of Palm beach Central this year, head to head last season Palm Beach Central beat Atlantic and that was probably Atlantic best team in history, Palm Beach Central from what I'm hearing brought back majority of their team from last season so I won't be surprise if they are loaded. Oxbridge does not have the depth right now to compete against the top level teams in Palm Beach County right now but if they can add some talent to go with the players they have right now they can have potentially a good team right now. I also hear Dwyer will be pretty good this year as well but my top 5 preseason will have Palm Beach Central right up there with Atlantic, Pahokee and Dwyer, I have to wait and see what happens with Oxbridge because I'm hearing the same thing about them not playing a spring a game because of lack of depth 

IMO 2015 Atlantic was better then 2017 Atlantic.  2017 Atlantic IMO may have been as  good at the skills,  but overall I would lean 2015 Atlantic. Better QB(s),  RBs,  and the OL and DL had way more size and the team seemed to play with more a chip on their shoulder :

They were actually rated #1 in most of the year in 8A going into the post-season by the state poll until they ran into a buzz-saw defense in the third round when 8A South was much better at the top then what it is now.   Do you know what 2015 Flanagan or 2015 Columbus would have done to 2017 Atlantic? :lol:

Oxbridge did not have depth this past year as well, but their starters were better then anyone and their coaching ran circles around most teams in PB County.

Right now , with Oxbridge's roster and coaching I still think they are top 5 in PB County.  I will only be convinced that as of now Pahokee, Dwyer, Atlantic and PB Central are as good or probably better.  I would also mention that 2015 Oxbridge Academy roster was surely  more loaded than 2016 Oxbridge Academy but the coaching, health and chemistry seemed to make for a very productive team.

Overall, I agree with you analysis.  I happen to think both Atlantic and PB Central will get players in  consider them a 8A toss up - for now. Just MHO for now....  I think Pahokee and Dwyer should be improved and I round out my 5 with Oxbridge Academy with a "*" .  

23 minutes ago, Mashburns said:

Dwyer I think is being over looked this year I hear this team is stacked wouldn't be surprised if they come out the best team in Palm Beach this year 

Dwyer has a lot of contributors returning from last year's team, which should bold well them. Looks like they may play Pahokee this spring. 

On 3/12/2018 at 7:58 AM, MuckCityChamp said:

@MuckCityChamp...By the way, did you ever get that list of QBs in PB County or SFL that are convincingly better than Qxbridge Academy QB Geo Richardson?

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

@MuckCityChamp...By the way, did you ever get that list of QBs in PB County or SFL that are convincingly better than Qxbridge Academy QB Geo Richardson?

I think because he lack the major offers or any offers for that matter that I know of some experts or scouting service don't list him as one of the top QB's in the up coming senior class but Gio Richards is right up there maybe the best in my opinion

11 minutes ago, Mashburns said:

I think because he lack the major offers or any offers for that matter that I know of some experts or scouting service don't list him as one of the top QB's in the up coming senior class but Gio Richards is right up there maybe the best in my opinion

We really don't have very many big time QBs in SFL.  Perhaps some of it should be credited to a lot of good defenses but overall it does not seem to be region for producing big time QBs.  In fact the most recent dominant QB in Tutu Atwell will likely mostly be playing WR at Louisville.  Who are some of the recent SFL QBs to make it very successfully D1 or to the NFL at the QB position?  Jacoby Brisset out of Dwyer...Trying to think of a few more...

3 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

QB Hitlist Top 10 Returning QB's in South FL (# before name is overall state ranking) 

PS=Pro style

DT=Dual threat

#1 Nik Scalzo/Cardinal Gibbons-PS

#3 Daniel Richardson/Carol City-DT

#6 Maurice Underwood/Miami Central-PS

#7 Dehron King/Deerfield Beach-DT

#12 Mariano Valenti/STA-PS

#13 TJ Smith/South Broward-PS   

#14 Daelen Menard/Chaminade Madonna-PS

#16 Ryle Aguila/Hialeah 

#18 George Johnson III/Martin County

#19 Brandon McDuffey Jr /Columbus

Gio Richardson is way down on the list.

57 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

QB Hitlist Top 10 Returning QB's in South FL (# before name is overall state ranking) 

PS=Pro style

DT=Dual threat

#1 Nik Scalzo/Cardinal Gibbons-PS

#3 Daniel Richardson/Carol City-DT

#6 Maurice Underwood/Miami Central-PS

#7 Dehron King/Deerfield Beach-DT

#12 Mariano Valenti/STA-PS

#13 TJ Smith/South Broward-PS   

#14 Daelen Menard/Chaminade Madonna-PS

#16 Ryle Aguila/Hialeah 

#18 George Johnson III/Martin County

#19 Brandon McDuffey Jr /Columbus

Gio Richardson is way down on the list.

I've seen nearly all of these QBs and Geo Richardson play in person multiple times ...  If Richardson is not on that list he must not have attended   a  "QB Hitlist" approved camp or clinic .

If I am not mistaken, outside of Daniel Richardson and perhaps Dehron King,  Geo Richardson has started more Varsity games and against better competition then many on that list.   I'm not going to call out any names or bash but a few of those players may have got on that list by attending    Hard to explain but sometimes a little eshowing up at (or performing well) certain events such as camps, clinics can do wonders . 

Scalzo is a great young QB Agree with him at the top .  DR of (BTW)/Carol City has loads of experience and also clearly should be on that list.  Dehron King has a great build, arm, speed but might still be a little raw in big games.  I'm going to stop there.   We all have opinions but a few names on that list well......  Here are a few sleepers for QB Hitlist to perhaps take a look at:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5496387/Charles-Gio-Richardson

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5514135/Lorenzo-Floyd

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9381428/5a2094ba4ba7a90d2016ee82

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8072727/59f89994d225de19c4647892

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/45844/Varsity-Football

23 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I've seen nearly all of these QBs and Geo Richardson play in person multiple times ...  If Richardson is not on that list he must not have attended   a  "QB Hitlist" approved camp or clinic .

If I am not mistaken, outside of Daniel Richardson and perhaps Dehron King,  Geo Richardson has started more Varsity games and against better competition then many on that list.   I'm not going to call out any names or bash but a few of those players may have got on that list by attending    Hard to explain but sometimes a little extra money and showing up at (or performing well) certain events such as camps, clinics can do wonders . 

Scalzo is a great young QB Agree with him at the top .  DR of (BTW)/Carol City has loads of experience and also clearly should be on that list.  Dehron King has a great build, arm, speed but might still be a little raw in big games.  I'm going to stop there.   We all have opinions but a few names on that list well......  Here are a few sleepers for QB Hitlist to perhaps take a look at:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5496387/Charles-Gio-Richardson

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5514135/Lorenzo-Floyd

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9381428/5a2094ba4ba7a90d2016ee82

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8072727/59f89994d225de19c4647892

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/45844/Varsity-Football

Daelen Menard of Chaminade appears to be solid by FL standards.  Started at Pace as a freshman and threw for 1800 yards.   I believe he missed a few games this past season due to injury.  And if he had thrown more to that corps of receivers he had, his numbers could have been much better.  As it was ... 77/102 for 1710 yards; 17 TDs/3 INTs; 144.4 qb rating.  Maybe with Shivers gone, they will let him open up so we can get a better idea how good he is.

Read that the Valenti kid was thought well of in Michigan before he transferred.   

13 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

No I don't have a list and I have not seen many of the QBs in Broward or Dade play, but I have seen Richardson both in practice and live games. My honest opinion is he is a solid FCS or D2 QB. 

9 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

No I don't have a list and I have not seen many of the QBs in Broward or Dade play, but I have seen Richardson both in practice and live games. My honest opinion is he is a solid FCS or D2 QB. 

Sure...But tell me about all the SFL QBs convincingly better.  Just Palm Beach County for starters...Tell me about all the other solid FCS level  QBs out of PB County or SFL?

By the way there is a huge gap between FCS and D2.  Significantly larger then FBS and FCS.