Boone at Olympia, 7

Thursday, May 17

Bishop Moore at Osceola, 7:30

Winter Park at Dr. Phillips, 7

Friday, May 18

St. Augustine at Daytona Beach Mainland, 7

Seminole at Oviedo, 7

Wednesday, May 23

Edgewater vs. Wekiva, 7 (at West Orange)

Thursday, May 24

Apopka & Orange City University at Deltona Pine Ridge, 6/7 p.m.

Viera at Jones, 7

Friday, May 25

Gainesville at West Orange, 7

18 hours ago, badbird said:

Central Florida top 10 games

Thursday, May 10

Timber Creek at Lake Nona, 7

Friday, May 11

Boone at Olympia, 7

Thursday, May 17

Bishop Moore at Osceola, 7:30

Winter Park at Dr. Phillips, 7

Friday, May 18

St. Augustine at Daytona Beach Mainland, 7

Seminole at Oviedo, 7

Wednesday, May 23

Edgewater vs. Wekiva, 7 (at West Orange)

Thursday, May 24

Apopka & Orange City University at Deltona Pine Ridge, 6/7 p.m.

Viera at Jones, 7

Friday, May 25

Gainesville at West Orange, 7

My picks 

I think that's a good slate

Even though I think West Orange wins convincingly (at least the time starters are in)

I really like mainland vs St Augustine game

Wish those 2 would play in regular season though 

27 minutes ago, badbird said:

Boone 31 Olympia 14

Lake Nona 23 Timber Creek 14

I was at the Boone/Olympia game. Don't know if you saw it, but this Braves team has the makings of being their best since they made the back to back to back run at States in 2006-2008. Olympia scored the first 14 then gave up 31 unanswered points, 28 of which were Varsity vs Varsity. And Boone fumbled away another chance inside the 10 on first and goal, so it could have been worse. 

They have a diminutive QB, probably 5ft 10in at most on a very favorable day. I was going to say he was pretty quick for a white kid. But I take that back as that would be demeaning. The kid is quick/fast period. And I am from Jamaica so I think I know a thing or two about speed. He reminded me a bit of a tailback they had 14 or 15 years ago whose nick name was "White Lightening."  In the fourth quarter they brought in a Danish exchange student and he made the Olympia backups look stupid on more than one occasion. 

Having seen Apopka and Boone on back to back nights, the Darters will have their hands full in this game this year. Not saying they don't win, but Apopka will not have anything resembling a cakewalk!

Haven't seen much on this forum, in my area of north central Florida, and of the relevant spring games. So thought I'd preview two that I'm interested in and to let other folks know what's happening other than in south Florida. Marion County, just south of the University of Florida, is a great HS football area and we have had teams that have been in championship games or that otherwise have been very good in their own right. Although I enjoy previewing these teams, Spring Games IMO are nothing more than glorified scrimmages that allow coaches to assess all formations, plays, and players. As such, I don't put any trust in who wins or loses a Spring game. Over the course of a season it doesn't matter a whit.

May 17th

7A Countryside @ 6A Vanguard

Countryside is usually one of the better 7A teams.

6-4 last season

For 2018 they will be Senior Laden.

They lost their starting QB to graduation

Will have all RB's back

Lost 3 productive WR's to graduation

Defense lost their most productive LB and FS to graduation

Vanguard is always one of the better teams in 6A

11-1 last season

For 2018 lost many Seniors to graduation

Lost 3 productive RB's to graduation

Lost only 1 productive WR to graduation

Defense lost 3 most productive players to graduation

May 18th

2A North Florida Christian @ 3A Trinity Catholic

NFC is always one of the better teams in 2A

8-3 last season

Will be a Senior laden team

QB returns for 2018

All but 1 RB returns

All but 1 WR returns

Defense lost 3 productive players to graduation

Trinity Catholic over it's history, with the exception of the last 3 years, has always been one of the best teams in 3A

6-3 last season

Lost many Seniors to graduation

QB returns

All but 2 RB's return

Most WR's return

Defense lost a bundle to graduation

New HC Andrew Thomas takes over the reins for 2018. Took Trenton to the the championship 6 times winning 2. He will undoubtedly revise some things that former HC Sturdivant instituted at Trinity.

I have no predictions as I am not really interested in who wins or loses. When I attend these games, from the stands I will be assessing overall play, execution, formations, cohesion, and physical fitness that will carry forth over the summer and into the season.

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

Haven't seen much on this forum, in my area of north central Florida, and of the relevant spring games. So thought I'd preview two that I'm interested in and to let other folks know what's happening other than in south Florida. Marion County, just south of the University of Florida, is a great HS football area and we have had teams that have been in championship games or that otherwise have been very good in their own right. Although I enjoy previewing these teams, Spring Games IMO are nothing more than glorified scrimmages that allow coaches to assess all formations, plays, and players. As such, I don't put any trust in who wins or loses a Spring game. Over the course of a season it doesn't matter a whit.

May 17th

7A Countryside @ 6A Vanguard

Countryside is usually one of the better 7A teams.

6-4 last season

For 2018 they will be Senior Laden.

Will have all RB's back

Lost 3 productive WR's to graduation

Defense lost their most productive LB and FS to graduation

Vanguard is always one of the better teams in 6A

11-1 last season

For 2018 lost many Seniors to graduation

Lost 3 productive RB's to graduation

Lost only 1 productive WR to graduation

Defense lost 3 most productive players to graduation

May 18th

2A North Florida Christian @ 3A Trinity Catholic

NFC is always one of the better teams in 2A

8-3 last season

Will be a Senior laden team

QB returns for 2018

All but 1 RB returns

All but 1 WR returns

Defense lost 3 productive players to graduation

Trinity Catholic over it's history, with the exception of the last 3 years, has always been one of the best teams in 3A

6-3 last season

Lost many Seniors to graduation

QB returns

All but 2 RB's return

Most WR's return

Defense lost a bundle to graduation

New HC Andrew Thomas takes over the reins for 2018. Took Trenton to the the championship 6 times winning 2. He will undoubtedly revise some things that former HC Sturdivant instituted at Trinity.

I have no predictions as I am not really interested in who wins or loses. When I attend these games, from the stands I will be assessing overall play, execution, formations, cohesion, and physical fitness that will carry forth over the summer and into the season.

Am interested in Vanguard.  Their coach is coming into his 5th season there and they seem to be making steady progress year after year.  They have performed pretty well in the playoffs against some good teams, ie Armwood and Lake Gibson.

Columbia hosts Bartram Trail This Friday 

I hearing a lot of hype on this Columbia team but I'll buy it when i see it

This bartram team likely drops off without their qb and i expect Columbia to win Friday but that will do minimal into proving whether we can win the region

I'll give a more detailed preview closer to Friday 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Am interested in Vanguard.  Their coach is coming into his 5th season there and they seem to be making steady progress year after year.  They have performed pretty well in the playoffs against some good teams, ie Armwood and Lake Gibson.

Vanguard, as of the last half dozen years, has been one of the best 6A teams, which is very difficult to do in that loaded division. They always seem to have a lot of talent but did not always have the dedicated coaching that they now have. It seems that Vanguard's success or lack thereof hinges mostly on their QB. Luckily they had two excellent athletes back to back. I am not so sure about this season, though as Marquez Glover has graduated. Their backup was a Freshman Trevonte Rucker who only had 9 attempts in 2017 as he was primarily a WR. One never knows what the summer will bring. I'm hoping there is QB material available pretty soon or that Rucker develops into a fairly decent one. I have seen a talented Vanguard squad languish with a so so QB before.  I'll have more of an idea after Thursday night when they go against Countryside which should be a very good test, albeit in just a Spring game.

2 hours ago, Pipe Dreams said:

The game was moved to Wednesday because a long time administrative dean passed away. She was well known by many players. Her funeral is on Thursday. 

I am sorry to hear that. My condolences to the family and the entire DP community. As an old geezer myself, I have become increasingly sensitive to human mortality. 

Funny thing is I have met the woman but did not know of her DP connection. My wife is an Assistant Principal at an Orange County school and introduced me to her earlier this year when I attended a function with her. It's a small world. 

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Here is the original PB County Spring schedule courtesy of Jodie Wagner and the PB Post:

http://highschoolbuzz.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/05/07/football-2018-spring-game-schedules/

Not sure if any changes have been made with the weather which appears to be starting off to another rainy day.  

I hope it rains after the jamboree smh been waiting for a long time for this