Rockledge @ St Ignatius (OH)

SOUTH FL

Clearwater Academy @ Atlantic

PB Lakes @ PB Central

American Heritage(PL) @ Cardinal Gibbons

Trinity Christian @ Booker T Washington

Northwestern @ Central

Calpreps has St' Iggy's rated at 32, while Rockledge cracks the top 100 at 93.

I'm especially interested in this one since it is my HS Alma Mater. 

Yes, I transfered from Cocoa to the Rock in 71 when they opened. My loyalties are with both schools.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:18 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

NORTH FL

Godby @ Coffee (GA)

Columbia @ Madison County

Bartram Trail @ Ponte Vedra

St Thomas Aquinas @ Mandarin

CENTRAL FL

Carol City @ Vanguard

Dr Phillips @ Wekiva 

Edgewater @ Marietta (GA)

Apopka @ Jones

St Frances Academy (MD) @ Venice

Tampa Bay Tech @ Bloomingdale 

Gaither @ Chamberlain

Miami Edison @ Tampa Catholic

Jesuit @ CCC

Clearwater @ Pinellas Park

Deland @ Viera

Mainland @ Cocoa

SOUTH FL

Clearwater Academy @ Atlantic

PB Lakes @ PB Central

American Heritage(PL) @ Cardinal Gibbons

Trinity Christian @ Booker T Washington

Northwestern @ Central

St Frances vs Venice should not be here. That’s a joke game. Venice will get squished.

I have a feeling that STA vs Mandarin could be another blowout even though the game will be played in Jax.

4 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

St Frances vs Venice should not be here. That’s a joke game. Venice will get squished.

I have a feeling that STA vs Mandarin could be another blowout even though the game will be played in Jax.

Note the title of the thread..."interesting"...does not necessarily mean competitive.  Is a great opportunity for folks in the Venice area to see what appears to be one of the best hs teams in the country this year, although it might hurt to watch.

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

This sta game should have happen last year.

7 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Calpreps has St' Iggy's rated at 32, while Rockledge cracks the top 100 at 93.

I'm especially interested in this one since it is my HS Alma Mater. 

Yes, I transfered from Cocoa to the Rock in 71 when they opened. My loyalties are with both schools.

I definitely know your struggle. I grew up in Cocoa and all my family basically went to Cocoa. All my siblings, mom, aunts, uncles and cousins all went to Cocoa. I was the first to attend Rockledge. So I'm definitely rooting for the rock.

On 9/27/2019 at 10:32 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

If Edgewater can cut down on the mental mistakes and penalties, they will beat Marietta. 

Wouldn't be surprised a bit if Edgewater beat Marietta. Marietta barely won 10 games the last two years combined. People say they're a top dog in Georgia, but having a few good players doesn't make you a top dog. Would have much rather seen an Edgewater vs. Colquitt/Grayson/Lowndes/North Gwinnett match up. Colquitt travels to Trinity Christian in a couple of weeks. Lowndes played Northwestern and North Gwinnett played Armwood and we all know how well our state was portrayed in those games.....Not good for the state of FL. With that being said, Edgewater may go up to Marietta and earn a little respect back for the state! 

15 minutes ago, NewEraFball said:

Wouldn't be surprised a bit if Edgewater beat Marietta. Marietta barely won 10 games the last two years combined. People say they're a top dog in Georgia, but having a few good players doesn't make you a top dog. Would have much rather seen an Edgewater vs. Colquitt/Grayson/Lowndes/North Gwinnett match up. Colquitt travels to Trinity Christian in a couple of weeks. Lowndes played Northwestern and North Gwinnett played Armwood and we all know how well our state was portrayed in those games.....Not good for the state of FL. With that being said, Edgewater may go up to Marietta and earn a little respect back for the state! 

Colquitt hosts TCA

13 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Note the title of the thread..."interesting"...does not necessarily mean competitive.  Is a great opportunity for folks in the Venice area to see what appears to be one of the best hs teams in the country this year, although it might hurt to watch.

I really don't know how good St Frances is. I watched their full game against Mater Dei and they didn't look that good to me. I know that Mater Dei is a powerhouse. But still St Frances, if they are that good of a team, should have done better against them. I guess we will know how good they are when IMG travels up to Baltimore October 18th.

1 minute ago, Proseteye said:

I really don't know how good St Frances is. I watched their full game against Mater Dei and they didn't look that good to me. I know that Mater Dei is a powerhouse. But still St Frances, if they are that good of a team, should have done better against them. I guess we will know how good they are when IMG travels up to Baltimore October 18th.

On paper SFA senior class is more loaded then IMG (so if IMG is the unstoppable monster some think they are then SFA must be pretty good, they also destroyed Miami Central on their own turf)

Mater Dei is a clear number 1 team nationally so I can't criticize SFA too much for that loss as IMG would have suffered same fate

In addition SFA just beat NJ powerhouse SJR  28-0 this past week who was ranked top 10 nationally almost across the board 

Best shot at an out of state win this week is Rockledge. I expect it to be a competitive game atleast.

The Edgewater vs Marietta game is very interesting but Fla schools haven't done well in Ga this season.

28 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Mater Dei looks like the best team in the country hands down this season IMO. That St. Frances team is the real deal and MD had no trouble dispatching them. IMG/St. Frances will be interesting. I think the bulk of IMG's squad is underclassmen this season. 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

On paper SFA senior class is more loaded then IMG (so if IMG is the unstoppable monster some think they are then SFA must be pretty good, they also destroyed Miami Central on their own turf)

Mater Dei is a clear number 1 team nationally so I can't criticize SFA too much for that loss as IMG would have suffered same fate

In addition SFA just beat NJ powerhouse SJR  28-0 this past week who was ranked top 10 nationally almost across the board 

All I can say is what I witnessed. St Frances did not look like a top team regardless of who they were playing. Kept running plays that were not working. They also don't seem to have the speed that IMG has. I think that IMG will be ready for them. IMG always seems to have players that step up when other things may not be working. Just like Gennady Golovkin. One shot can change the entire fight and can produce a win.  IMG is also a team that has greatly progressed from the first game. However, they have to play and defeat SFA on their field which is always a difficult task. Columbiafan I know you'll be rooting for SFA but please try not to get too depressed if IMG takes them to the woodshed, OK. :(

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

All I can say is what I witnessed. St Frances did not look like a top team regardless of who they were playing. Kept running plays that were not working. They also don't seem to have the speed that IMG has. I think that IMG will be ready for them. IMG always seems to have players that step up when other things may not be working. Just like Gennady Golovkin. One shot can change the entire fight and can produce a win.  IMG is also a team that has greatly progressed from the first game. However, they have to play and defeat SFA on their field which is always a difficult task. Columbiafan I know you'll be rooting for SFA but please try not to get too depressed if IMG takes them to the woodshed, OK. :(

If IMG is Golovkin then SFA Canelo. I watched the highlights of the game as well and SFA held their own for a good portion of the game. But if you play a perfect game and make the right adjustments against a team like Mater Dei, then there's no way you will have a chance to beat a team of that caliber no matter how good you are. But honestly, IMG vs SFA is a 50/50 game. Should be a great one.

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Madison wins 35-17

Also highest point output so far by a team against columbia was Oakleaf who we held to 19 which was only time this season someone held Oakleaf under 20 points

I think the Numbers are about to turn Madison inside out because no matter which way i spin it the numbers in Columbia favor heading into Friday

29 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If Madison wins. Move them to number 5 . You underestimating this Alabama style defense In Madison. You lucky they can't throw .

Top 25 sure

Top 5 no, they blew their chance at top 5 by losing to Lakewood last week

Alabama style???

How so? And what good defense gives up 28 to Suwannee

41 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Top 25 sure

Top 5 no, they blew their chance at top 5 by losing to Lakewood last week

Alabama style???

How so? And what good defense gives up 28 to Suwannee

What's your real name. I wanna see who I'm talking to.