Quantcast
Jump to content

THIS_IS_DILLARD

2019 6A playoffs ...”Name Your Top 5” And Who Do You Like To Advance

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I just don’t get it bro like I’m not saying call us elite shoot I’m not even saying call us nationally good but dang not even a mention as a possible dark horse all year long let alone a str8 up contender ? 

If Dillard keeps winning it does not matter. Sometimes it is better to be underrated rather than hyped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I just don’t get it bro like I’m not saying call us elite shoot I’m not even saying call us nationally good but dang not even a mention as a possible dark horse all year long let alone a str8 up contender ? 
 

when we played Miramar Who were coming off a big win over a solid Miami norland team  many analysts picked Miramar & said that Dillard had to show they can win against Miramar who had won every game against them since 06. What happen Dillard won against Miramar. 
 

then for the next few weeks Dillard str8 dominates their schedule still no respect because let the analysts tell it “we wasn’t playing anyone” and that our REAL test was gonna come vs MIAMI COLUMBUS the state 2018 8A runner up. What happens Dillard wins that game (shrugs shoulders) 

 

go into soul bowl playing against a solid Blanche ely team who gave the top team in palm beach (Atlantic) a run for their money Well in to the second half; only to play Dillard & Get 60!! Points out on them at home the most points ever scored in a soul bowl and the most Blanche ely has ever gave up in over 5 decades. 
 

through out the year gaither has got the love escambia palmetto Naples  Columbia even lee was ranked ahead of us after their win vs Columbus but yet Dillard can’t even make it in the top 25 in Florida ? Or even be seen as a black horse in 6A at the least ??

Polls are good for recognition.  However, the best thing Dillard (or any under-recognized school) can do to a poll is blow it up by winning.  Titles are absolute and the polls, albeit subjective, will align with the winner.

Odysseus (Dillard) and the Cyclops (everyone else)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Polls are good for recognition.  However, the best thing Dillard (or any under-recognized school) can do to a poll is blow it up by winning.  Titles are absolute and the polls, albeit subjective, will align with the winner.

And we have been doing that but just from a standpoint if your gonna do rankings you cant b bias or choosy and ignore the numbers & the facts. 

And im NOT saying thats what josh is doing ijs .. even if josh dosent no alot about dillard ..you have me on here & so much tape film & history out there on them to learn. I just feel like other then the usuals CM AHP US BTW MC CC MNW DFB STA south florida doesnt get much recogniction on here But teams like columbia lakeland rockledge jones & etc get yearly coverage. Its like if its not one of the south florida teams up top then they are irrelevent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maxpreps has Dillard as 27 in Florida and 5 in 6A

 

Pinkos has Dillard 7 in 6A and not ranked in the top 25 probably around # 40 in Florida.

 

Lazindex has Dillard 7 in 6A and #34 in Florida

 

Dillard’s schedule and 1 point win vs a good not great Columbus has kept Dillard in the 25-40 range.  Good thing is Dillard is still playing and rankings mean nothing in Friday night.  Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, badbird said:

Maxpreps has Dillard as 27 in Florida and 5 in 6A

 

Pinkos has Dillard 7 in 6A and not ranked in the top 25 probably around # 40 in Florida.

 

Lazindex has Dillard 7 in 6A and #34 in Florida

 

Dillard’s schedule and 1 point win vs a good not great Columbus has kept Dillard in the 25-40 range.  Good thing is Dillard is still playing and rankings mean nothing in Friday night.  Good luck and enjoy the ride.

But yet you have teams with 2 to 3 loses & dare I say blow out loses and their in the top 100 nationally ?? 
 

Miami central who hasn’t won a title or been to the third round or beyond in 3 plus years and coming off a 7-3 year & a blow out lost in their last game is #1 in 6A & nationally ranked ..!?! Based off what ? Name ... history ?? 
 

ranked or not we’re just gonna keep doing what we do I just find it funny ..Naples is highly ranked based off what ? Possibility ? If u legit my compare Dillard vs Naples schedule it’s fairly diff if Not Dillard having the edge but yet tsk tsk Naples have been ranked light years ahead of Dillard all year. But aye keep sleeping analysts you gone wake up & Dillard gonna be in Daytona. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But yet you have teams with 2 to 3 loses & dare I say blow out loses and their in the top 100 nationally ?? 
 

Miami central who hasn’t won a title or been to the third round or beyond in 3 plus years and coming off a 7-3 year & a blow out lost in their last game is #1 in 6A & nationally ranked ..!?! Based off what ? Name ... history ?? 
 

ranked or not we’re just gonna keep doing what we do I just find it funny ..Naples is highly ranked based off what ? Possibility ? If u legit my compare Dillard vs Naples schedule it’s fairly diff if Not Dillard having the edge but yet tsk tsk Naples have been ranked light years ahead of Dillard all year. But aye keep sleeping analysts you gone wake up & Dillard gonna be in Daytona. 

Highest computer has Naples #20 that’s maxpreps.  The other 2 have them out of the top 25.  

Miami Central has the talent but has fallen apart.  They don’t deserve to be ranked high at this moment.  

pinkos doesn’t have Miami Central in the top 25.  Max preps loves them for some reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, badbird said:

Highest computer has Naples #20 that’s maxpreps.  The other 2 have them out of the top 25.  

Miami Central has the talent but has fallen apart.  They don’t deserve to be ranked high at this moment.  

pinkos doesn’t have Miami Central in the top 25.  Max preps loves them for some reason

Lol but aye let’s let’s get to (11-0) PAAAANNTHHHERRRR NATIOOONNN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But yet you have teams with 2 to 3 loses & dare I say blow out loses and their in the top 100 nationally ?? 
 

Miami central who hasn’t won a title or been to the third round or beyond in 3 plus years and coming off a 7-3 year & a blow out lost in their last game is #1 in 6A & nationally ranked ..!?! Based off what ? Name ... history ?? 
 

ranked or not we’re just gonna keep doing what we do I just find it funny ..Naples is highly ranked based off what ? Possibility ? If u legit my compare Dillard vs Naples schedule it’s fairly diff if Not Dillard having the edge but yet tsk tsk Naples have been ranked light years ahead of Dillard all year. But aye keep sleeping analysts you gone wake up & Dillard gonna be in Daytona. 

I will agree to a certain degree about MC. No they haven't won a title since 2015 and have exited the playoffs in the 3rd round or less. But has kept them "relevant" in the eyes of some these pollsters outside of name recognition is the fact they have a few big wins in the regular season to keep them on national "life support." 2017 the win at Bishop Gorman was huge. Yes, BG is on sort of a decline themselves, but that MC loss was the first home loss since BTW beat them in '13. Last year they had win against 3 top 25 teams, at Cardinal Gibbons, at  STA, and beat Carol City in the playoffs only to lose the next week to NW...SMH! Not to mention that 5 OT thriller loss at SJC. This year they have done NOTHING in my eyes to be considered a top team. Their biggest win is against BTW. Even if they win state, which I'm not confident they will, I feel they need to earn their way back in the national spotlight. Right know they are not a national team and 15-20 range in Florida at the moment. If I was the AD at Dillard, I would look into scheduling a few more local powers like Cardinal Gibbons, AHP, DB, NW, CC, BTW, STA, to build a resume and keep the excitement and go from there. But what do I know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

I will agree to a certain degree about MC. No they haven't won a title since 2015 and have exited the playoffs in the 3rd round or less. But has kept them "relevant" in the eyes of some these pollsters outside of name recognition is the fact they have a few big wins in the regular season to keep them on national "life support." 2017 the win at Bishop Gorman was huge. Yes, BG is on sort of a decline themselves, but that MC loss was the first home loss since BTW beat them in '13. Last year they had win against 3 top 25 teams, at Cardinal Gibbons, at  STA, and beat Carol City in the playoffs only to lose the next week to NW...SMH! Not to mention that 5 OT thriller loss at SJC. This year they have done NOTHING in my eyes to be considered a top team. Their biggest win is against BTW. Even if they win state, which I'm not confident they will, I feel they need to earn their way back in the national spotlight. Right know they are not a national team and 15-20 range in Florida at the moment. If I was the AD at Dillard, I would look into scheduling a few more local powers like Cardinal Gibbons, AHP, DB, NW, CC, BTW, STA, to build a resume and keep the excitement and go from there. But what do I know? 

We’re 3-1 vs Deerfield since 2010 p.s Deerfield isn’t a powerhouse they haven’t even won a state championship EVER oh yea  their big games they lose ..all three games they had this year vs great competition they lost ..and by the way we had DFB in our schedule this year but they backed out on the schedule last min for oak leaf. 
 

Last year Dillard was in year two of a home & away contract with  Cardinal gibbons BTW & western Dillard beat western AT western last year the only team to do so besides Miramar. And we led gibbons 6 nothing with 30 seconds left in the 2nd Qt last year. 
 

before last year we played ST THOMAS in the kick off classics EVERY year & have them some pretty good games to only reason why that matchup stopped is because STA never wanted to come to us they always wanted to host so our principle stopped it. 
 

This year people had Miramar ranked higher then us mentioned how we hadn’t beat them since 06 picked them to beat us in the Pickems said that if we wanted respect we have to beat the avg to above Avg teams ...WE BEAT them. And if it wasn’t for that ineligible player fiasco Miramar would b 7-3 and In the playoffs right now with their only loses being to US,AHP & STA 2 of those schools people will deem has national powerhouses correct ??

carrying on ...people then said oh our SUPER DUPER test will fiNALLY come against MIAMI COLUMBUS the 8A state runner up from last year ...again “if Dillard wants to be recognized this is the game they HAVE TO WIN they have to show they can beat these Miami schools“ What did Dillard do ..THEY WON THE DARN GAME. 
 

Columbus by the way is in the playoffs as a 2nd seed ..who are they loses to POWERHOUSES BTW..SOUTH DADE...U SCHOOL ... & again little ole can’t be tooken seriously Dillard. 
 

What did Dillard do last week they went on their biggest most hated rivals home turf in front of 5000 plus people with the entire county watching and they PUT 60!! Points on a 7-2 team who had hung with one of the 7A faves in Atlantic on the road. Lol haha like come on bro!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We’re 3-1 vs Deerfield since 2010 p.s Deerfield isn’t a powerhouse they haven’t even won a state championship EVER oh yea  their big games they lose ..all three games they had this year vs great competition they lost ..and by the way we had DFB in our schedule this year but they backed out on the schedule last min for oak leaf. 
 

Last year Dillard was in year two of a home & away contract with  Cardinal gibbons BTW & western Dillard beat western AT western last year the only team to do so besides Miramar. And we led gibbons 6 nothing with 30 seconds left in the 2nd Qt last year. 
 

before last year we played ST THOMAS in the kick off classics EVERY year & have them some pretty good games to only reason why that matchup stopped is because STA never wanted to come to us they always wanted to host so our principle stopped it. 
 

This year people had Miramar ranked higher then us mentioned how we hadn’t beat them since 06 picked them to beat us in the Pickems said that if we wanted respect we have to beat the avg to above Avg teams ...WE BEAT them. And if it wasn’t for that ineligible player fiasco Miramar would b 7-3 and In the playoffs right now with their only loses being to US,AHP & STA 2 of those schools people will deem has national powerhouses correct ??

carrying on ...people then said oh our SUPER DUPER test will fiNALLY come against MIAMI COLUMBUS the 8A state runner up from last year ...again “if Dillard wants to be recognized this is the game they HAVE TO WIN they have to show they can beat these Miami schools“ What did Dillard do ..THEY WON THE DARN GAME. 
 

Columbus by the way is in the playoffs as a 2nd seed ..who are they loses to POWERHOUSES BTW..SOUTH DADE...U SCHOOL ... & again little ole can’t be tooken seriously Dillard. 
 

What did Dillard do last week they went on their biggest most hated rivals home turf in front of 5000 plus people with the entire county watching and they PUT 60!! Points on a 7-2 team who had hung with one of the 7A faves in Atlantic on the road. Lol haha like come on bro!!

Bro! I get it and all I was trying to say is for Dillard to continue scheduling some the top teams in the area or even venture to some teams up north or out of state and win some games. That's how these pollsters recognize you. Maybe winning state this year will be the boost they were looking for. Who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Bro! I get it and all I was trying to say is for Dillard to continue scheduling some the top teams in the area or even venture to some teams up north or out of state and win some games. That's how these pollsters recognize you. Maybe winning state this year will be the boost they were looking for. Who knows?

I wasn’t snappin at u fam I was jus saying ..we’ve been trending upwards since the ending of 2017 & no one has noticed but our city & our fam base but outside we get zero respect this team is on a 17 regular season game winning streak for crying out loud lol of this was columbia carol city Naples god forbid DFB & etc the pundits will b all over it and if u count spring & kick off classic of this year Dillard has won 12 STR8 Games fam & half of those are playoff teams right now and not only did we win we blew them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I wasn’t snappin at u fam I was jus saying ..we’ve been trending upwards since the ending of 2017 & no one has noticed but our city & our fam base but outside we get zero respect this team is on a 17 regular season game winning streak for crying out loud lol of this was columbia carol city Naples god forbid DFB & etc the pundits will b all over it and if u count spring & kick off classic of this year Dillard has won 12 STR8 Games fam & half of those are playoff teams right now and not only did we win we blew them out. 

Oh no! I didn't take in that way at all. Well I feel if they win state, that will open up a lot of eyes. I'm hoping MC and Dillard meet up in the playoffs. Would love to link up with you. Match the face to posts. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Oh no! I didn't take in that way at all. Well I feel if they win state, that will open up a lot of eyes. I'm hoping MC and Dillard meet up in the playoffs. Would love to link up with you. Match the face to posts. Lol

Ya feeel me lol it will b at Dillard to lol get a chance to show u how the 954 get down especially a game of that magnitude

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I look for it to b a MC blow out but Dunbar is not a team to sleep on ..but in my opinion Dillard & Miami central run this region. It’s gonna b 1 or the other

Trust me after the season we've had, I'm not taking any team lightly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

How do the fans/alumni feel about the rockets going into the post season is all the turmoil gone away now 

Many of us aren't to optimistic. Can they turn it around...yes. But will they...who knows? As far as the turmoil,  there's a bandaid on it right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 3:37 PM, shredstar said:

My money is on Escambia representing the north.  Not because they are a superteam or have the second coming of Emmitt Smith.  But more because I-10 is a loooooong road and that drive from Jax to P-Cola will suck the life out of you.  They are the top seed in the north and everyone has to go there.  Travel will definitely be a factor.

Gaither is rooting for ANYONE but Escambia out of Region 1!! Not because we dont want to play them, we just dont want a 500 mile prob 6-7+ hour bus ride the day after thanksgiving! Any other team I believe has to come to us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vaquero said:

Gaither is rooting for ANYONE but Escambia out of Region 1!! Not because we dont want to play them, we just dont want a 500 mile prob 6-7+ hour bus ride the day after thanksgiving! Any other team I believe has to come to us.  

I understand what you're thinking/saying, but be careful about counting your turkeys before they hatch.  B)   Plenty of football to be played before the Friday after Thanksgiving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vaquero said:

Gaither is rooting for ANYONE but Escambia out of Region 1!! Not because we dont want to play them, we just dont want a 500 mile prob 6-7+ hour bus ride the day after thanksgiving! Any other team I believe has to come to us.  

It sucks.  I know from experience.  A long time ago I was on one of those busses that had to ride all the way out there to play a playoff game against Tate.  We rode like seven hours on that damn bus, got our asses handed to us and then had to ride all the way back overnight.  It was awful.  We had no shot.  May as well have just stayed home.  By halftime we just wanted to get the hell out of there.  They ended up winning it all that year and I don't think they ever left the Pensacola area.  Could we have beat them if they had to ride all the way over here?  Probably not, but it likely would have been a lot closer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Posts

    • Proseteye, I was around when OTC was playing those teams, these new OTC teams are not on that level. Don't get me wrong they are good, but they just aren't the same.  In 2005, OTC struggled with Union County (twice) (Union was good then with CJ Spiller) and Pahokee on their way to a 14-0 season. In 2006, OTC goes 13-1 with a loss in the state championship to Pahokee. In 2007, Coach Bell is gone, schedule is upgraded, and OTC struggles to 7-5 including two losses to Newberry and a loss to Union County.  In 2008, OTC goes 12-2 with a loss against Mainland and Pahokee (again). In 2009, OTC goes 9-3 with loses against Bolles, Tampa Catholic, and Gainesville. in 2010, OTC goes 14-0 beats some impressive teams along the way including a Derrick Henry led Yulee team, Bolles, and University School (when University School was doing it's thing). in 2011, OTC goes 7-5 including losing to some local schools (Vanguard, North Marion, Gainesville).  In 2012, OTC goes 8-5. In 2013, OTC  goes 8-4. In 2014, OTC goes  10-2 against a fairly easy schedule to lose to the developing juggernaut of Trinity Christian. In 2015, OTC goes 4-8 (including a loss to Lake Weir) In 2016, OTC goes 4-5. In 2017, OTC goes 5-3 (misses playoffs). In 2018, OTC goes 5-5 (misses playoffs). In 2019, OTC goes 8-4 with an impressive home playoff win against Trinity Christian (Jax). So why go through the last few years, OTC's successes are a long time ago of when they were a dominant beast.  Vanguard: 2004: 2-7 2005: 5-5 2006: 5-5 2007: 2-8 2008: 0-10 2009: 6-6 2010: 10-3 2011: 7-4 2012: 6-6 2013: 5-5 2014: 4-6 2015: 9-3 2016: 10-2 2017: 11-1 2018: 13-1 2019: 9-3 I think partially what has happened is that Vanguard has stabilized it's football program. Notice the worse years of Vanguard coincide with the best years of OTC. There was a reason that OTC was called the Marion County All-Stars for a while. As long as Vanguard continues to have a solid program, OTC won't get the 1 or 2 additional star players they need to make them a state finalist. They will continue to be good, but not able to overcome some of the recruiting powerhouses. Additionally, if you go back to the years of 2B, it was made up of a lot of the larger 1A schools today. You weren't playing Trinity Christian, Pensacola Catholic, Florida High, Chaminade-Madonna to win the state, the competition was easier. It is telling that since they did away with 2B that Trinity has struggled with consistency.
    • Maybe you were not around when the Celtics were able to take on anybody and either defeat them or compete with them. Teams like TCA, Bolles, Jesuit, Gainesville, Vanguard, Pahokee, IMG, East Lake, Palmetto, Madison, University, Booker, and Mainland. All good teams and most of them in higher classifications. So, going up against Chaminade would not be something that is uncharacteristic of the Celtics. I'm really disappointed in Coach Thomas's decision to leave Trinity just when the team was getting ready to make some real noise. He already had the players at Trinity.
    • If you look at Marion County, they have a different situation where all team sports are paid the same as football coaches (except soccer and volleyball). The number has been $5,000 since 2007 and I willing to bet the reason why the basketball coach and the football coach are equal has to do with the work the Vanguard Basketball Coach Haley did in creating a program and pushing for higher pay. 
    • Local Control and Local Decisions (both in Georgia and Florida). It is a hard sell to both school boards and unions to pay a teacher less than 40K and then turn around a pay a football coach 65K for being a "coach," especially when principals and schools are graded not on how good a football program is, but whether the school is an A, B, C, D, or F. Florida as a whole does not support extracurriculars because the people living in the communities haven't been there long. We are a transient state. All the counties that we listed as top pay (Okaloose, Bay, Walton) are panhandle counties. Counties where people have lived in them forever. Where grandma's grandma lived. As a whole, I wonder what percentage of coaches take leadership roles in their local union and push for higher supplements (even if it was incremental of $100 a year). A lot of the unions seem to be led by elementary school teachers who have little experience with the value/importance of coaches.  As for gate... Let's think costs first... 1) Referees: $65 x 5 = $325 per game plus travel stipends 2) Security: $20 x 3 hours x 5 officers = $300 per game 3) Ticket Takers: $25 per game per individual (maybe 6 people): $150 per game 4) Line the Field: $100-200 in supplies per game _____________________________________  $875 per game (and this is a VERY conservative number).  Start adding in: New Jerseys/Pants (once every 2 years) ($140 for a set?) x 80 players Helmets Refurbished every year and replaced every XX years. Practice Gear Balls Pre-Game Meals HUDL Account Coach Polos/Outfits Practice Equipment (tackling dummies, blocking sledds, chutes).  I wish school districts would understand that if you want these boys and girls to representatives of your community than you should pay for them to be just that. Basic equipment and costs should be covered by the school districts. Teams should have to fund raise just in hopes having enough money to travel to a game or hire referees or get jerseys. 
    • It's better because how is trinty Catholic ever going to beat chamme madonna. Union county not beating Madison. But Andrew Thomas is probably going to get some players to try.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...