Quantcast
Jump to content

Miami-Palmetto (offense)


Recommended Posts


Just now, OldSchoolLion said:

 

Are you aware they lost their qb(3-star Pro) earlier in the playoffs and a wr is running the wildcat? 

This is my first time watching them play, so I didn’t know their starter got injured. They had #1, #26, and #13 take direct snaps. To not have a backup, that’s somewhat of a passing threat is still hard to believe for a school that size. 
 

It was just snap and run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

This is my first time watching them play, so I didn’t know their starter got injured. They had #1, #26, and #13 take direct snaps. To not have a backup, that’s somewhat of a passing threat is still hard to believe for a school that size. 
 

It was just snap and run.

Classic south FL hs football:rolleyes:  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

They have to have the WORST offensive system I’ve seen for a top HS team.

Direct snap, and run straight or direct snap and counter. No pass threat.

The worst possible 8a final you could get unless you love defense, is: Apopka vs Palmetto. I can almost guarantee you the winner does not score 10 points. 

On the other side of the bracket, if you get Seminole/Osceola, the winner may score close to 50. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Palmetto is a very very talented football team.  Unfortunately, they did lose their 3 star QB early in the playoff series.  True right now their offense is rather simplistic..but you still have to stop it.  Fantastic athletes make plays...its just that simple.  This week Palmetto was better than they were last week....their coaches are making adjustments on the run every week to get better and better offensively.  

But the defense....#56-#2- #18 .....hell the whole unit, were the truth.  

We did not line up very well last night.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Palmetto is a very very talented football team.  Unfortunately, they did lose their 3 star QB early in the playoff series.  True right now their offense is rather simplistic..but you still have to stop it.  Fantastic athletes make plays...its just that simple.  This week Palmetto was better than they were last week....their coaches are making adjustments on the run every week to get better and better offensively.  

But the defense....#56-#2- #18 .....hell the whole unit, were the truth.  

We did not line up very well last night.  

Coach just curious couldn’t catch the game last night (honey do list that went until midnight) I did see some comments about some “hiccups” and them maybe getting an extra down or two. Anything to this? Are you guys gonna submit tape to the FHSSA? Not trying to drum up any excuses or drama just honestly wondering as a fan/alum, and not taking anything away from Palmetto they to are a very talented team. Proud of the young men this messed up season they and all schools had, they should be too!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not one to make excuses...especially against referees after a loss.  I always found it counter-productive in the long run.  Those striped shirt guys have to make decisions in a split second, and I am sure the human factor comes into play more often than not.  Its not like they have replay (to look back on) to see if it was the correct call or not.  Beating them over the head on one call will virtually assure you you will not get the next close call if it presents itself...just my opinion.  

That being said, there were some questionable calls last night as there always are.  I am sure Coach J wont be challenging any calls after the fact...he does a great job of getting his point across during the game.  We lost...we will move onto next year.  

We did not line up very well.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Trelle said:

Coach just curious couldn’t catch the game last night (honey do list that went until midnight) I did see some comments about some “hiccups” and them maybe getting an extra down or two. Anything to this? Are you guys gonna submit tape to the FHSSA? Not trying to drum up any excuses or drama just honestly wondering as a fan/alum, and not taking anything away from Palmetto they to are a very talented team. Proud of the young men this messed up season they and all schools had, they should be too!

Ah, young man, your wife has trained you well and already has you programmed I see. :P  They are masters at this.  But remember, we ARE the dominant gender.:rolleyes:  

I watched the game last night.  The officials definitely made some questionable calls.  Palmetto's D was very aggressive and there were several questionable no-calls at the line.  I think that just encouraged Palmetto even more.     

At the end of the day,  Vero's offense could not get a rhythm, partly due to to Palmetto's D and partly due to a qb who had an off night.  If not for the trick play, they may have been shut out.  I honestly think the better team won last night regardless of any referee mishaps.  Am not taking anything away from Vero.  Vero's D has done a very nice job the past few years.  But their offense has only managed 7 points in each of their past three playoff losses.  Defense usually wins championships, but that assumes a reasonable level of offensive output.  

On another note, I don't care if Vero played multiple south FL teams this season, I don't think it would have necessarily changed the outcome last night.       

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I am not one to make excuses...especially against referees after a loss.  I always found it counter-productive in the long run.  Those striped shirt guys have to make decisions in a split second, and I am sure the human factor comes into play more often than not.  Its not like they have replay (to look back on) to see if it was the correct call or not.  Beating them over the head on one call will virtually assure you you will not get the next close call if it presents itself...just my opinion.  

That being said, there were some questionable calls last night as there always are.  I am sure Coach J wont be challenging any calls after the fact...he does a great job of getting his point across during the game.  We lost...we will move onto next year.  

We did not line up very well.  

Vero did a fine job last night.  Despite being one-dimensional, Palmetto had some athletes on offense that needed to be stopped, and Vero's D contained well. 

I thought Palmetto's defense was very well-rounded.  Their db's seemed to be there on every pass play, and we know Vero has some good wr's.  Palmetto's D-line provided constant pressure and contained well at the edges.  Play that game 10 times and I think Vero's offense would be routinely challenged...as would most offenses around the state.  No shame losing to that team and great effort by Vero.     

Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is a criticism, offensively-speaking, I think it lies in needing more Bobby McMillan last night.

56, while active, played upfield all night, allowing himself to be incredibly susceptible to the trap game. Saw Lenny exploit this on a few occasions--just thought there was more to be had in this regard. 

But, decisions like this are why they pay Coach J the big bucks and I am an XDC. 

Couple of general notes about the Vero program:

1. Is there a better public school job in Indian River, Martin, Palm Beach, or Broward County? I say no. 

2. Remain impressed with Vero's commitment to their YouTube broadcasts. While certainly an acquired taste, Todd Wood has grown on me over the years. 

A lot to be proud of in Vero Beach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, XDC said:

 

2. Remain impressed with Vero's commitment to their YouTube broadcasts. While certainly an acquired taste, Todd Wood has grown on me over the years. 

A lot to be proud of in Vero Beach. 

Lol I will say I used to stream YouTube on my TV to watch the game but on mute and stream the ChrsitianFM broadcast but now he’s grown on me too and I enjoy his color commentary. The guys though on the radio are gold and still listen to them when I can if I’m driving. I remember going to the games as  a child and my dad bringing a Walkman to listen to their play by play while watching in the aluminum stands under the press box next to that damn train horn! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trelle said:

Lol I will say I used to stream YouTube on my TV to watch the game but on mute and stream the ChrsitianFM broadcast but now he’s grown on me too and I enjoy his color commentary. The guys though on the radio are gold and still listen to them when I can if I’m driving. I remember going to the games as  a child and my dad bringing a Walkman to listen to their play by play while watching in the aluminum stands under the press box next to that damn train horn! 

#turbidity...the guy really needs some new material

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Ah, young man, your wife has trained you well and already has you programmed I see. :P  They are masters at this.  But remember, we ARE the dominant gender.:rolleyes:  

I

Yeaaaaaa tell my 2 year old daughter youre the dominant one, you’ll be making play dough cupcakes in her play kitchen faster then it takes to stand up from telling her that lol. I work 15-16 hour shifts when I’m at work (oilfield) I consider that my break time compared to being home lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, XDC said:

2. Remain impressed with Vero's commitment to their YouTube broadcasts. While certainly an acquired taste, Todd Wood has grown on me over the years. 

A lot to be proud of in Vero Beach. 

Vero's broadcasts are amazing.  Even if someone is not a Vero fan, one can easily follow along through the season.  It's like a TV show, ie the fellow playing the harmonica last night.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Trelle said:

Lol I will say I used to stream YouTube on my TV to watch the game but on mute and stream the ChrsitianFM broadcast but now he’s grown on me too and I enjoy his color commentary. The guys though on the radio are gold and still listen to them when I can if I’m driving. I remember going to the games as  a child and my dad bringing a Walkman to listen to their play by play while watching in the aluminum stands under the press box next to that damn train horn! 

There is nothing quite like driving through the backwoods of Georgia and Alabama on a Friday night and listening to the good ol boy commentators on the radio.  Those are some hardcore hs football fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Trelle said:

Yeaaaaaa tell my 2 year old daughter youre the dominant one, you’ll be making play dough cupcakes in her play kitchen faster then it takes to stand up from telling her that lol. I work 15-16 hour shifts when I’m at work (oilfield) I consider that my break time compared to being home lol.

Adorable Daddy-Daughter Duo Fumbles Their Way Through Baking A Cake  Together – ViralNova

Link to post
Share on other sites

"If there is a criticism, offensively-speaking, I think it lies in needing more Bobby McMillan last night.

56, while active, played upfield all night, allowing himself to be incredibly susceptible to the trap game. Saw Lenny exploit this on a few occasions--just thought there was more to be had in this regard." 

They had a spy on Bobby all night long.  While #56 did play up field quite a bit, Palmetto did play him at different positions all night long....and he made his presence known wherever he lined up.  Over the years I have seen many good / great defensive linemen.....especially at the 8A level.  #56 is certainly at the top of the list.   

Thank You for the kind words about our program.  

We did not line up very well.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I am not one to make excuses...especially against referees after a loss.  I always found it counter-productive in the long run.  Those striped shirt guys have to make decisions in a split second, and I am sure the human factor comes into play more often than not.  Its not like they have replay (to look back on) to see if it was the correct call or not.  Beating them over the head on one call will virtually assure you you will not get the next close call if it presents itself...just my opinion.  

That being said, there were some questionable calls last night as there always are.  I am sure Coach J wont be challenging any calls after the fact...he does a great job of getting his point across during the game.  We lost...we will move onto next year.  

We did not line up very well.  

Ric Flair, would you be willing to discuss some of those questionable calls? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

"If there is a criticism, offensively-speaking, I think it lies in needing more Bobby McMillan last night.

56, while active, played upfield all night, allowing himself to be incredibly susceptible to the trap game. Saw Lenny exploit this on a few occasions--just thought there was more to be had in this regard." 

They had a spy on Bobby all night long.  While #56 did play up field quite a bit, Palmetto did play him at different positions all night long....and he made his presence known wherever he lined up.  Over the years I have seen many good / great defensive linemen.....especially at the 8A level.  #56 is certainly at the top of the list.   

Thank You for the kind words about our program.  

We did not line up very well.  

 

FSU will be offering a camp next year to teach kids how to line up correctly.

Florida State's Tre McKitty explained why he lined up facing wrong way

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Trelle said:

Yeaaaaaa tell my 2 year old daughter youre the dominant one, you’ll be making play dough cupcakes in her play kitchen faster then it takes to stand up from telling her that lol. I work 15-16 hour shifts when I’m at work (oilfield) I consider that my break time compared to being home lol.

Don't you wish you would have listened to this before you got married.  I'm justifying posting this because they are words of wisdom from a football coach.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...