Community School of Naples playing in Ireland

nolebull813

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Against some random Irish club. This will be the first game ever between a Florida team and Irish team. 

In the past, Florida teams have played teams from Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Panama Canal, and Cuba.

http://www.globalfootball.com/ireland-2023/event-details/

They're playing a team from Ireland, huh? I guess it's good that Community School of Naples is getting into the "micks" of things! Ha, ha... 

23 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Against some random Irish club. This will be the first game ever between a Florida team and Irish team. 

In the past, Florida teams have played teams from Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Panama Canal, and Cuba.

http://www.globalfootball.com/ireland-2023/event-details/

By chance when was that matchup between a Florida school & a school from Cuba & where was it played 

I didn’t even kno Ireland played American football let alone had high school football. I wonder how this got set up, must’ve been the luck of the Irish lol haha.

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

By chance when was that matchup between a Florida school & a school from Cuba & where was it played 

I didn’t even kno Ireland played American football let alone had high school football. I wonder how this got set up, must’ve been the luck of the Irish lol haha.

Some team in Cuba beat Columbia High back in the 1920’s 

I recently read in the Tallahassee Democrat that Chiles had been invited to play in Ireland in 2024, but was pending final approval from the school district before it can begin fundraising and planning for the trip.  Not sure if they have received final approval or not.  However, it was previously announced that Maclay School of Tallahassee has accepted an invitation for 2024.  The two Tallahassee schools would join Belen Jesuit and CSN as the four Florida high schools to make the 4000-mile journey to Ireland.  These trips are brokered by a company named Global Sports, "the world’s largest exporter of American football since 1996; ... have organized and produced games and events in 28 different countries on 6 continents.  The events and tours have involved more than 350 teams and 15,000 curious travelers, each encountering a positive life-changing experience, while enjoying the ultimate team-building opportunity", according to its website.  The estimated cost per player is $4000-$4500, according to the article in the Tallahassee Democrat.  I suspect the reason the Tallahassee schools are receiving the invitations for 2024 is a tie-in to the game between Florida St. and Georgia Tech being played in Ireland at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Dr. D said:

I recently read in the Tallahassee Democrat that Chiles had been invited to play in Ireland in 2024, but was pending final approval from the school district before it can begin fundraising and planning for the trip.  Not sure if they have received final approval or not.  However, it was previously announced that Maclay School of Tallahassee has accepted an invitation for 2024.  The two Tallahassee schools would join Belen Jesuit and CSN as the four Florida high schools to make the 4000-mile journey to Ireland.  These trips are brokered by a company named Global Sports, "the world’s largest exporter of American football since 1996; ... have organized and produced games and events in 28 different countries on 6 continents.  The events and tours have involved more than 350 teams and 15,000 curious travelers, each encountering a positive life-changing experience, while enjoying the ultimate team-building opportunity", according to its website.  The estimated cost per player is $4000-$4500, according to the article in the Tallahassee Democrat.  I suspect the reason the Tallahassee schools are receiving the invitations for 2024 is a tie-in to the game between Florida St. and Georgia Tech being played in Ireland at the same time. 

Hopefully the FL teams aren’t playing other American teams. None of those teams are any good. This year Baylor TN and Seton Hall Prep NJ are going and both would beat the tar out of all the FL teams mentioned 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Joshua Wilson said:

Circling back on this... I really wondering how this will look on the schedule. 

I also don't believe the game will count for Community School but working to find out.

Well I guess it is going to count... just how I don't know, but I won't be forecasting the game on that one not knowing anything.

7 hours ago, SportsFan said:

So if history is any indicator, teams from America are typically more prepared and better than other international teams and will likely be favored as a result 

Yes. A few years ago a team from Canada called St Matthews had open recruiting all around Ontario for kids to play American football. They didn’t have the same rules as us in regards to openly recruiting kids to come play high school football. 

They came down to play Stoneman Douglas. Douglas wasn’t good at all that year. Borderline horrible. Got destroyed in multiple games by multiple touchdowns. They lost by 30, 37 and 40 to other teams who weren’t even close to title contenders. That’s how below average Douglas was that year. 

I say all that to explain the context that Douglas beat the living crap out of St Matthews 30-6! And it wasn’t even that close. Douglas got to feel what successful teams feel like even if it was for only one game. Lol 

Long story short, the world is light years behind America in American football, but that is to be expected 

• 3 weeks later...