Week 4 Pick em results

nolebull813

Hey, I am right up there with the big hitters this week, and aside from Josh, who was ahead of me, I have gained ground on the other leaders. Can't shake Nole Bull, though, but it's all good. I almost chose Bolles, but waffled at the last minute. If I lived in Jax, I would probably have had the courage, as I did to go with Wekiva but I don't live there and did not select it. 

Oh well!

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Hey, I am right up there with the big hitters this week, and aside from Josh, who was ahead of me, I have gained ground on the other leaders. Can't shake Nole Bull, though, but it's all good. I almost chose Bolles, but waffled at the last minute. If I lived in Jax, I would probably have had the courage, as I did to go with Wekiva but I don't live there and did not select it. 

Oh well!

I’m most irritated by picking Jones. I didn’t even use my own rankings to decide! Lol. Man gotta get back to the drawing board 

3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I’m most irritated by picking Jones. I didn’t even use my own rankings to decide! Lol. Man gotta get back to the drawing board 

I picked Edgewater over Jones as in the spring, I saw both Jones and Edgewater live. Jones's biggest weaknesses that I saw were: Both lines (O and D) and the lack of an effective punter. Well, in the summer they went out and got a second QB and two multi-stars Wide Receivers. That certainly did not fill their needs.

In the case of Edgewater, for a half against Osceola their offense looked really, really sharp and the defense looked as good as the past two years. As far as I could gather, they had no pressing needs. 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I picked Edgewater over Jones as in the spring, I saw both Jones and Edgewater live. Jones's biggest weaknesses that I saw were: Both lines (O and D) and the lack of an effective punter. Well, in the summer they went out and got a second QB and two multi-stars Wide Receivers. That certainly did not fill their needs.

In the case of Edgewater, for a half against Osceola their offense looked really, really sharp and the defense looked as good as the past two years. As far as I could gather, they had no pressing needs. 

Why do they always struggle against Bishop Moore? I get the rivalry aspect but that would motivate both teams. That’s the game that always makes reserved in the beginning on Edgewater. I was thinking Jones was more battle tested. It was one of those picks where I want to pick Edgewater and then Jones wins. Lol. 

19 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Why do they always struggle against Bishop Moore? I get the rivalry aspect but that would motivate both teams. That’s the game that always makes reserved in the beginning on Edgewater. I was thinking Jones was more battle tested. It was one of those picks where I want to pick Edgewater and then Jones wins. Lol. 

For whatever reason, BM gives them trouble. When I was a small boy in Jamaica, there were two high schools about a mile away from each other: Kingston College High and St. Georges College High. Well at the time KC was a powerhouse in soccer and routinely more than half the kids on the Jamaica under 20 team were from that school, Georges was run of the mill, not terrible but not very good. However, even in those glory days, for some reason, though they never beat them, only a single goal typically separated the two teams when they played. This was at a time when KC was literally blowing out teams by margins of 5 to 10 goals or more which is typically unheard of in this sport. 

Bishop Moore and Edgewater are less than a mile away from each other. Hence, I have come up with the theory that when schools are that close to each other, you can't use tried and true forecasting methods to predict the outcome when they play each other. 

Just now, Perspective said:

Not for me.  It was an absolute deadline.   Although I noticed it was more of a guideline for others (not mentioning any names . . . especially the names of those who might run this site).  B)

While I could game the system a bit by waiting till the 11th hour to submit my picks, I have decided to do this the old fashioned way and just win this competition with sheer skill and knowledge. :angry: