St Thomas Aquinas playoff history during the MaxPreps era (2004-present)

Vero Indian

I've been looking up game histories recently on MaxPreps and saw that STA has a 77-6 playoff record spanning from 2004-present, if so then that's incredible, because that's almost two decades of dominance and considering that they've been undefeated in playoff games at home during MP's existence...., teams like Manatee, Dwyer, and Venice have all upset STA at their houses, but when STA got all those teams home, they put in overkill on them boys.....if it wasn't for Lakeland, STA could have two five peats in two different decades 

19 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

I've been looking up game histories recently on MaxPreps and saw that STA has a 77-6 playoff record spanning from 2004-present, if so then that's incredible, because that's almost two decades of dominance and considering that they've been undefeated in playoff games at home during MP's existence...., teams like Manatee, Dwyer, and Venice have all upset STA at their houses, but when STA got all those teams home, they put in overkill on them boys.....if it wasn't for Lakeland, STA could have two five peats in two different decades 

Cocoa might have an opinion on this whole "home dominance" thing.   B) 

21 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

@Jullian approves this message! :lol:

I lost all respect for the University of STA when I saw and heard their coaches at a 7 on 7 tournament openly recruiting the QB from my son's team to come play at STA.  They had no shame.   If this is what they were doing openly, I had to wonder what else was going on behind closed doors. 

So, yes, they are good.   They are good because they have bigger and better athletes than most every other team in the state . . . athletes that likely would not be able to attend or would not choose to attend that school were it not for football. 

OK, someone give me a hand off my soapbox so I don't fall and break my hip like Kareem Abdul Jabbar.  B)

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

I lost all respect for the University of STA when I saw and heard their coaches at a 7 on 7 tournament openly recruiting the QB from my son's team to come play at STA.  They had no shame.   If this is what they were doing openly, I had to wonder what else was going on behind closed doors. 

So, yes, they are good.   They are good because they have bigger and better athletes than most every other team in the state . . . athletes that likely would not be able to attend or would not choose to attend that school were it not for football. 

OK, someone give me a hand off my soapbox so I don't fall and break my hip like Kareem Abdul Jabbar.  B)

Most STA transfers are like freshman sophomores

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

My hand is readily extended. STA is one of the poster children of what is wrong with Florida High School Football. The STA of 20-25 years ago was very good, but it was not what it is today. Back then, it was a well endowed high school that built a strong football team by bringing in enough talent to be competitive most years. Today, along with a handful of other privates and public school, it makes a mockery of what the game at the high school level should be. 

I am hoping that the recent trend (if two years even counts as a trend) in the state finals are a harbinger of better times ahead. No we will not revert to the halcyon days of yore, but maybe, just maybe, we will be able to keep the finals competitive.  

26 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

My hand is readily extended. STA is one of the poster children of what is wrong with Florida High School Football. The STA of 20-25 years ago was very good, but it was not what it is today. Back then, it was a well endowed high school that built a strong football team by bringing in enough talent to be competitive most years. Today, along with a handful of other privates and public school, it makes a mockery of what the game at the high school level should be. 

I am hoping that the recent trend (if two years even counts as a trend) in the state finals are a harbinger of better times ahead. No we will not revert to the halcyon days of yore, but maybe, just maybe, we will be able to keep the finals competitive.  

Weren't they the first catholic school to get ranked no.1 in the nation back then?, it was like the 80s or something 

I never understand how anyone could be proud of a team like STA for such accolades just because they can beat teams with the great players they recruit, er find in their student body I meant, each year.  I mean how hard is it to win state titles with a team full of four and five stars when you play teams with one or two on the roster?  It's like feeling good about yourself for winning a 22 vs 3 fist fight.  What have you accomplished really?  Anyway, it is what it is and it isn't changing anytime soon and I do know some of the people here could care less where the players came from, only that they are on the team you root for.

5 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

I never understand how anyone could be proud of a team like STA for such accolades just because they can beat teams with the great players they recruit, er find in their student body I meant, each year.  I mean how hard is it to win state titles with a team full of four and five stars when you play teams with one or two on the roster?  It's like feeling good about yourself for winning a 22 vs 3 fist fight.  What have you accomplished really?  Anyway, it is what it is and it isn't changing anytime soon and I do know some of the people here could care less where the players came from, only that they are on the team you root for.

Pinellas will snag a title this decade.  I can feel it!