14.Belen(8a)

15.Doral(7a)

16.North Miami(8a)

17.Miami Edison(4a)

18.Krop(8a)

19.Pace(4a)

20.Mater(7a)

what you think?

We all know Dade is loaded, but is there a stronger district in America then 6A-16 ? Your #1, #3, #4, and #6 reside there. Calpreps, Maxpreps, and others (Drummer) might go with a California or a New Jersey grouping. Zoepreps got my vote.

2 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

I'm curious to see how Carol City's defense holds up this year... I'd probably rank them 2nd or 3rd... Southridge would be a little lower on my list as they struggled against top teams in dade on the north end that they played last year losing to BTW 20 to 6 and CC 18-0

I agree with everything you said but like I said the only reason I put them 1 and 2 is because their the defending champs 

54 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

I agree with everything you said but like I said the only reason I put them 1 and 2 is because their the defending champs 

Understood...Just not a fan of the whole they the champs until beaten. CC lost all their coaches and ALOT on defense while southridge may have not even made the playoffs in the SEC district...  If the Ridge was in 6A they don't win state. Just my opinion...

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

Understood...Just not a fan of the whole they the champs until beaten. CC lost all their coaches and ALOT on defense while southridge may have not even made the playoffs in the SEC district...  If the Ridge was in 6A they don't win state. Just my opinion...

Very true. Southridge on the field did not live up to what was on its roster.

As it was, they barely won the 8A title in a game where they were outplayed for three of the four quarters, by a team some would argue was lucky to get to the title game. 

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

I totally agree

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

As it was, they barely won the 8A title in a game where they were outplayed for three of the four quarters, by a team some would argue was lucky to get to the title game. 

Last year was weak as hell in 8a

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

South ridge was and still is loaded with a ton of athletes with D1 offers, but most of them are on defense. The skill positions on offense are great, but there's only one football and they didn't have a quarterback to get them the ball so the offense was inconsistent all year. Expect more of the same this year, but they'll be fine. They'll keep most of their opponents under 14 points. 

1 hour ago, Floridatechfootball said:

Naaww it was weak and downed Seminole a team like Seminole almost went to states it was nothing like 8a in 2012 2013 2014 2015

Seminole was a very decent team last year. They had a solid defense, a good OLine and a receiver that could catch anything remotely near him. They had DP on the ropes and I felt were unlucky to lose the semifinal.

I disagree on CC being number one and having to be beat to be unseated as number one. I still Northwestern was better last season, but Carol City got hot in the playoffs and made one more play than the West in the playoff game. I'd have them at number one personally. I also think the coaching change will adversely affect CC.

I agree with what you all are saying about Southridge. The defense was phenomenal but the offense vastly underachieved given all the talent they had.

I think Norland is rated a little too high. Same with Edison. I dont think they will be good this season given all the things that have transpired since the end of last season.

8 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Seminole was a very decent team last year. They had a solid defense, a good OLine and a receiver that could catch anything remotely near him. They had DP on the ropes and I felt were unlucky to lose the semifinal.

Yeaa i know. Seminole was good last year but nothing compared to what 8a had those other years

I'll say this unbiased and fairly confidently about 8A South having followed it closely.  

Columbus and Flanagan of both 2014 and very confidently 2015 were stronger than 2016 Southridge.  

If I ranked the last 3 years of 8A South it may look something like this:

Flanagan 2015

Columbus 2015

Columbus 2014

Flanagan 2014

Southridge 2016

Miramar 2014

Deerfield Beach 2015

Atlantic 2015

Monarch 2014

Plantation 2015

South Dade 2015

Honorable mentions:  2015 Coral Gables, 2016 Deerfield Beach, 2016 Flanagan, 2016 Coral Gables, 2016 Columbus, 2015 Miramar, 2015 Southridge, 2014 South Dade, 2014 Coral Gables, 2014 Killian