Somebody Fix Maxpreps

Pipe Dreams

Maxpreps is starting to blow it with their quality assurance.

Somebody at Osceola just added the Kickoff Classic against DP to the season schedule and to both teams records. 

Somebody added the Apopka game back to week four and gave Apopka two wins for the DP game.

It says DP is 4-4.

Other teams have similar issues. At one point it said Mainland beat Pine Ridge 20-19!!!

Somebody please fix or tell Maxpreps there are big issues.

4 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Somebody at Osceola just added the Kickoff Classic against DP to the season schedule and to both teams records. 

Somebody added the Apopka game back to week four and gave Apopka two wins for the DP game.

It says DP is 4-4.

Other teams have similar issues. At one point it said Mainland beat Pine Ridge 20-19!!!

Sounds like ColumbiaHighfan....

40 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You wish lol

Ive tried putting in scores for other sports but it would never show up so i basically only use my maxpreps account to see the expanded national and state rankings 

I noticed last year that you added the Columbia versus Apopka pre-season game as part of the games counted for/against record of Columbia and Apopka.  Someone eventually corrected it once it was figured out that pre-season games do not count towards W-L record in reality.  They are about as relevant historically as a 1896 Columbia National Championship.

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I noticed last year that you added the Columbia versus Apopka pre-season game as part of the games counted for/against record of Columbia and Apopka.  Someone eventually corrected it once it was figured out that pre-season games do not count towards W-L record in reality.  They are about as relevant historically as a 1896 Columbia National Championship.

Haha funny but we weren't playing that far back 

2 hours ago, Pipe Dreams said:

It says DP is 4-4.

Maxpreps has always been bad, and unless the corporate parent sinks resources in it, will always be bad. They have 114 kids on Apopka's roster. The Darters barely dressed 40 kids for the DP game. They had Bishop Moore losing to Titusville when they have not played them in forever. I could go on and on and on ... 

Maxpreps doesn't input that info your coaches or team does I do it for fort white after every week update the stats and all that if your teams isn't looking right its cause your team isn't putting the info in. If apokas roster is 100+ plus somone hasn't cleaned the old players off and just kept adding new ones to it.

19 minutes ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

Maxpreps doesn't input that info your coaches or team does I do it for fort white after every week update the stats and all that if your teams isn't looking right its cause your team isn't putting the info in. If apokas roster is 100+ plus somone hasn't cleaned the old players off and just kept adding new ones to it.

I don't think Columbia even puts stats in, i wish they would but i don't have any authority over them nor do i know who is responsible for it nor do i plan to tell them lol

20 minutes ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

Yes, I understand that. But the FHSAA has a contract with Maxpreps, now. As such, you would think that they would change the way the system works to fulfill its obligation. But even if this were not so, if you represent yourself as providing accurate information, you should do better. Either that or state a clear disclaimer on your website with regards the accuracy of any information posted. A lot of individuals use Maxpreps thinking the data is reasonably accurate.

1 hour ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

If apokas roster is 100+ plus somone hasn't cleaned the old players off and just kept adding new ones to it.

I don't think that's the problem. Rather, I think the problem is some of these programs have Freshman, JV and Varsity programs and just load all three rosters onto the varsity roster section on MaxPreps. 

I’ve had the same issue I had to actually call MaxPreps yesterday things was so out of control they had Dillard at 3-4 losing to Booker T. Washington 25-8 & losing to booker 25-8  in like who the [redacted] is booker I didn’t even know there was another school down here called booker.

they had Boynton Beach beating Archbishop 31-7 wen I don’t even Thank they even made up that game yet they have Boyd Anderson losing to northeast which I don’t even think that’s true they have northeast with 2 wins adding their kick off classics from the 18th of August which I believe their only win was vs Hollywood Hills Which would make them 1-4 actually. I mean the list goes on.

22 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I’ve had the same issue I had to actually call MaxPreps yesterday things was so out of control they had Dillard at 3-4 losing to Booker T. Washington 25-8 & losing to booker 25-8  in like who the [redacted] is booker I didn’t even know there was another school down here called booker.

There is a Booker HS in Sarasota and another BTW in Pensacola. Although, I don't think they go by BTW like the Miami one does. 

8 hours ago, Pipe Dreams said:

It says DP is 4-4.

so why you blaming Osceola.  for some reason a lot of classics got added this week to a lot of schedules on maxpreps and a lot of makeup games got added twice.  Maybe just maybe it was maxpreps and not Osceola.  However according to Columbiafan that win counts

4 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

I don't think that's the problem. Rather, I think the problem is some of these programs have Freshman, JV and Varsity programs and just load all three rosters onto the varsity roster section on MaxPreps. 

It took two weeks and two emails to get them to remove Mainland's 24-21 victory over Pine Ridge that NEVER TOOK PLACE. And ridiculously there was a small write up on the bogus results  :) Don't belittle yourself SportsNut. This FHSAA partner speaks volumes for the supposed competency of both organizations.

41 minutes ago, badbird said:

so why you blaming Osceola.  for some reason a lot of classics got added this week to a lot of schedules on maxpreps and a lot of makeup games got added twice.  Maybe just maybe it was maxpreps and not Osceola.  However according to Columbiafan that win counts

I really don't remember ever saying it should count what I did say was that we would have beaten Apopka in week 1 had both teams played at same level we played in the kickoff classic since people wanted to make it out that we would have been blown out in a official game and I said that some teams treat it like a real game, as well as if people were saying that AHP vs BTW was treated like a real game but ours was just some scrimmage, like is that game only treated like a game bc both teams from south florida but since we from north florida we don't take our games seriously??

2 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

It took two weeks and two emails to get them to remove Mainland's 24-21 victory over Pine Ridge that NEVER TOOK PLACE. And ridiculously there was a small write up on the bogus results  :) Don't belittle yourself SportsNut. This FHSAA partner speaks volumes for the supposed competency of both organizations.

Oh trust me - I know MP has MAJOR flaws. I wanted the FHSAA to go with ScheduleStar, but it is what it is.