St Thomas vs Miramar

ohs vargas

8 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

True but Mays was treating that game like a preseason game. We had 7 turnovers for a reason. He was pushing both QBs to air it out to see what needed to be improved on. Fumbles were no excuse, but 4 interceptions were purely both QBs pushing limits on what they could do. Second string QB threw interception on 35 yd line that led to TD. Viera with 7 turnovers was moving ball for winning score in fourth qt. when Vero stopped them cold and led to two score win for Vero. Viera QB is playing to his potential now and as long as he does that Viera will be very hard to beat.  

I feel like y'all are our biggest win of the season 

Just now, FloTech said:

I feel like y'all are our biggest win of the season 

No doubt, and much respect not only for Vero team, but great atmosphere down at Vero Beach Stadium. I was fan of Merritt Island championship teams of '78 and '79 and we had great community involvement so I have lived it. Vero Beach atmosphere rivals the best in state!!!

7 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Deerfield unless they play Douglas in the first round will not get out the 1st round && miramar will make it to atleast game b4 finals 

Deerfield isn't bad of a team at all, I don't see them going out in the first round. As for Miramar, they have much to be positive about. They will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Just now, Viperx said:

Deerfield isn't bad of a team at all, I don't see them going out in the first round. As for Miramar, they have much to be positive about. They will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Who are Deerfield likely to face in the first round if it’s miramar south ridge or Columbus their gonnalose 

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I’m asking how is their fan base ..is it rabbit is it faithful etc 

Awesome fan-base, we travel well also. We carry numbers you would expect with a 7A team. Sellout our home games, but why not when you win them all. Viera is a rather new community and newer high school so can't hang hat on tradition. Lost two great home games  to hurricanes this year and other home games have been blow-outs but will pack the stands for playoff games and will make it tough on visiting teams.

5 minutes ago, Viperx said:

What does this do to Miramar as far as their expectations in the playoffs go. Deerfield & Miramar are the top two seeds in region 3. Columbus looks the team to come out of Dade for now, but you also have South Dade & Southridge.

I'd also look out for Palmetto (who beat South Dade) in Region 4. And Miami. But yeah in Region 3 it's DB, Miramar, but don't forget Plantation and Western. Both gave Miramar all they could handle this season.

3 minutes ago, DB4 said:

I'd also look out for Palmetto (who beat South Dade) in Region 4. And Miami. But yeah in Region 3 it's DB, Miramar, but don't forget Plantation and Western. Both gave Miramar all they could handle this season.

I think Miramar has exceeded their expectations for the season. They at first didn't look like a team that can be this much of a threat. As for STA, they'll be fine, and still the team to beat in 7A, too bad another Broward or Dade power isn't in their class or vice versa.

20 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

No doubt, and much respect not only for Vero team, but great atmosphere down at Vero Beach Stadium. I was fan of Merritt Island championship teams of '78 and '79 and we had great community involvement so I have lived it. Vero Beach atmosphere rivals the best in state!!!

To young to have seen these games but my dad coached with Vero back then and I’ve heard some good stories that MI and Vero used to a good rivalry 

1 minute ago, Trelle said:

To young to have seen these games but my dad coached with Vero back then and I’ve heard some good stories that MI and Vero used to a good rivalry 

Only 4 classes back then and MI and Vero were at the top of 4A. It was a war every time they played. What high school ball was meant to be. Glad your community still has the tradition. Seems like Cocoa got MI coaching and a lot of fan-base moved to Viera.

17 minutes ago, Viperx said:

I think Miramar has exceeded their expectations for the season. They at first didn't look like a team that can be this much of a threat. As for STA, they'll be fine, and still the team to beat in 7A, too bad another Broward or Dade power isn't in their class or vice versa.

They still team to beat but they aren't the clear favorite they been in past years 

18 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Who are Deerfield likely to face in the first round if it’s miramar south ridge or Columbus their gonnalose 

DFB if I am not mistaken may now slip to the 2 spot with Miramar beating STA.  I believe DFB may host Seminole Ridge and Miramar would host Monarch or Park Vista.  I surely hope Park Vista.  Park Vista has recovered from a rough start and peaking at the right time right now.  PV will make for a much better game versus Miramar then Monarch who has no business in 8A post season.  Monarch is now in the mix to slip in because their L to Coconut Creek is now a W due to Coconut Creek breaking the age rules but it is what it is. 

I can honestly say if Park Vista gets in like they deserve, this Region would appear to have  the top 8 teams correct IMO.

Here is how I would rate Region 3 right now:

Miramar
Deerfield Beach

Plantation
Western
Atlantic
Park Vista
Palm Beach Central
Seminole Ridge

4 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

DFB if I am not mistaken may now slip to the 2 spot with Miramar beating STA.  I believe DFB may host Seminole Ridge and Miramar would host Monarch or Park Vista.  I surely hope Park Vista.  Park Vista has recovered from a rough start and peaking at the right time right now.  PV will make for a much better game versus Miramar then Monarch who has no business in 8A post season.  Monarch is now in the mix to slip in because their L to Coconut Creek is now a W due to Coconut Creek breaking the age rules but it is what it is. 

I can honestly say if Park Vista gets in like they deserve.   This Region would appear to the top 8 teams correct IMO.

Miramar
Deerfield Beach

Plantation
Western
Atlantic
Park Vista
Palm Beach Central
Seminole Ridge

I'm hopin Miramar takes it this year

10 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Am I’m the only one that thinks STA still wins 7A?

No, some think one loss does open the door for potential upset later in the playoffs. I'm sure the next opponent will feel some of that frustration taken out on them.  When your on top people will want to see you fall.

5 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I can honestly say if Park Vista gets in like they deserve.   This Region would appear to the top 8 teams correct IMO.

Miramar
Deerfield Beach

Plantation
Western
Atlantic
Park Vista
Palm Beach Central
Seminole Ridge

Can’t argue with that and the fact that 5 or more of the teams listed are capable of winning it all lol so who would likes if western and plantation face 

24 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

STA should win state. If they don't then I would question the coaches.

Venice and Viera and a few others have a chance but they are still the under dogs. STA has had problems with Miramar before so I wouldn't bet against them.

when last time they had a offense this bad though?

2 comments on this thread:  1.  STA is on the level of Venice, Viera, Lakeland, Lee, Bartram Trail, and maybe a couple of others.  They are a little off this year and do not have the 24  division1 players of 2014/15/ n 16.  7A is wide open for a handful of teams.  2.  Viera will be focused on Kathleen, East River,  or Gaither rd. 1 and looking no further.

14 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Am I’m the only one that thinks STA still wins 7A?

Any team, no matter how good, can lose on any given night. It was STA's given night. If anything this will make them an even better team. They will review their mistakes in this game and correct them. They will realize that any really good team can defeat them which will shake them out of their slumber. I will bet that the playoff teams they meet will wish that Miramar had never beaten them.