Top 20 south Florida schools headed into 2019 season

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Were in the first week of July just a little over 1 more month before kick off of the 2019 season anything can happen from now until next month but if I had to rank south Florida's top 20 going into 2019 it would go as followed.

#1 Miami northwestern (2 time defending champ)

#2 Miami central (they really loaded up this off season also have alot of talent coming back)

#3 Carol City (they were moved down to 4A but still one of the most talented teams in the state)

#4 Cardinal Gibbons (defending champs got a few transfers in as they look to repeat.)

#5 American heritage Patriots (after a lost to Gibbons twice last year the Patriots will be out for blood this year)

#6 St Thomas (the raiders are always one of the best but their quarterback situation is still very much in the air.)

#7 Chaminade madonna ( the lions have probably been one of the busiest teams in the state this off season as transfers are concerned look for the lions to be amongst the best again.)

#8 Columbus (The explorers fell just short in the state championship game against madrian only lost 2 regular season games and would look to build off that run this year also they have a str8 dawg at the RB position)

#9 Deerfield Beach (The Bucks Are Always Talented But will they ever put it all together in the post season when it counts.)

#10 University School (The Sharks Again Will Be A Handful to deal with this year as they look to make a run and win it all.)

#11. Dillard (The Panthers are coming off their best season since 2008 and were a few plays away from upsetting Miami central in the first round;the Panthers got a few transfers in from Deerfield a quarter back from piper and a few more. We have about 65-70 players right now. We go 4 deep at the qb position all starter caliber we go 3 deep at the rb position And we have extreme depth at the OL AND DL position. And a defense that's just straight NASTY; Add that with HC Eddie frasier taking over fa base fully back involved kids buying in Dillard Will be very dangerous this year.)

#12. Atlantic (after a disappointing season last year the eagles will look to claim dominance as the #1 team in palm beach.)

13.Dwyer (the Panthers are loaded this year and should be top 3 in west palm this year.)

#14. Western (the Wildcats are not the Wildcats of old as they look to continue to put western on the map.)

#15. Miramar (the Patriots finished 8-2) last year but lost a tough game to park vista expect the Patriots to be ready come August.)

#16. Plantation (the colonels are another very talented team who can beat any team on any given night.)

#17. Southridge (the Spartans is always a team you better respect when you line up against them; how good will they be ? We shall see.)

#18. Belen Jesuit (I've been hearing alot of things about them this off season most definitely have to keep a eye out for them.)

#19. Mcarthur (The Mustangs will be very talented this year let's see how much noise they make.)

#20. American heritage Delray (the stallions reloaded this off season will they be able to get back to Orlando though??)

9 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Oh word what would your top 20 be 

to be honest I dont know dade or broward enough to give a fair top 20. I know the elite schools there but I live in Palm Beach and am much more familiar with them. Ill give you a pbc top ten. This is strictly based on talent, Pahokee schedule is brutal so I have them high but their record may not be very good.

1. Atlantic

2. palm beach lakes

3. pahokee

4.boca raton

5. american heritage

6. dwyer

7. glades central

8. benjamin

9. pb central

10 santaluces

4 minutes ago, aknenn said:

to be honest I dont know dade or broward enough to give a fair top 20. I know the elite schools there but I live in Palm Beach and am much more familiar with them. Ill give you a pbc top ten. This is strictly based on talent, Pahokee schedule is brutal so I have them high but their record may not be very good.

1. Atlantic

2. palm beach lakes

3. pahokee

4.boca raton

5. american heritage

6. dwyer

7. glades central

8. benjamin

9. pb central

10 santaluces

I was referring to all of south Florida lol but u see pahokee being very good ?

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I was referring to all of south Florida lol but u see pahokee being very good ?

I know, I wrote at top I am  really familiar with Palm beach County and only the real elite teams in broward and dade so Ill do a top ten for pbc. I think talent wise pahokee is up there, but that schedule is rough and their record may not show it. Ill throw a top 20 for all of south fl out there:

1 Miami central

2 deerfield 

3 carol city

4 st thomas

5 chaminade

6 northwestern

7 heritage plantation

8 columbus

9 gibbons

10 atlantic

11booker t 

12 western

13 mirimar

14 macarthur

15 dillard

16 u school

17 palm beach lakes

18 pahokee 

19 plantation

20southridge

1 hour ago, aknenn said:

1. Atlantic

2. palm beach lakes

3. pahokee

4.boca raton

5. american heritage

6. dwyer

7. glades central

8. benjamin

9. pb central

10 santaluces

Lakes was a solid team last season, but what makes you think they will be a top 2 team in PBC?

36 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Lakes was a solid team last season, but what makes you think they will be a top 2 team in PBC?

Last year they improved drastically throughout the season. I saw them lose to Pahokee week one and then beat Forest Hill late in the year. They looked like an entirely different team  against Forest Hill and they have a ton of talent coming back. Just a feeling that this year they are gonna make a lot of noise in palm beach county. I think I got pb central a little too low also, I may bump them right before or after dwyer. What you got for a top 10 at this point?

12 hours ago, aknenn said:

Last year they improved drastically throughout the season. I saw them lose to Pahokee week one and then beat Forest Hill late in the year. They looked like an entirely different team  against Forest Hill and they have a ton of talent coming back. Just a feeling that this year they are gonna make a lot of noise in palm beach county. I think I got pb central a little too low also, I may bump them right before or after dwyer. What you got for a top 10 at this point?

No particular order...

Dwyer

Atlantic

GC

PK

PB Central

Lakes (played PK tough the last 2 season. 2 years ago PK won 2-0)

American Heritage (Delray) always hard to predict

...those are the top teams to me. I think Forest Hill drops (lost kids), Boynton Beach and Santaluces have talent, but I guess they don't have the right coaches

I thought Coe did a heck of a job with the talent he had at Santaluces.  Boynton is still very young, but has a very capable coaching staff.  FH did lose a lot of talent, but they are physical in the trenches and run the ball well.  Don't write them off.  Lakes is always talented, but I need to see it on the field before I anoint them with anything.  If there is a team in the county that can make the jump.  Its Lakes.  They looked solid in the spring jamboree.  CJ should have a great season.  I agree Dwyer may take a step back.  

On 7/3/2019 at 11:05 PM, aknenn said:

1. Atlantic

2. palm beach lakes

3. pahokee

4.boca raton

5. american heritage

6. dwyer

7. glades central

8. benjamin

9. pb central

10 santaluces

Boca Raton and PBL man what da lol???!!!

On 7/3/2019 at 11:18 PM, aknenn said:

I know, I wrote at top I am  really familiar with Palm beach County and only the real elite teams in broward and dade so Ill do a top ten for pbc. I think talent wise pahokee is up there, but that schedule is rough and their record may not show it. Ill throw a top 20 for all of south fl out there:

1 Miami central

2 deerfield 

3 carol city

4 st thomas

5 chaminade

6 northwestern

7 heritage plantation

8 columbus

9 gibbons

10 atlantic

11booker t 

12 western

13 mirimar

14 macarthur

15 dillard

16 u school

17 palm beach lakes

18 pahokee 

19 plantation

20southridge

You know Dwyer, American Heritage, and Glades Central are all better than Palm Beach Lakes just saying.... 

On 7/3/2019 at 11:05 PM, aknenn said:

1. Atlantic

2. palm beach lakes

3. pahokee

4.boca raton

5. american heritage

6. dwyer

7. glades central

8. benjamin

9. pb central

10 santaluces

Santaluces???? 

I can think of 3 teams not  on this list that can top Santaluces

Seminole Ridge

Wellington

Cardinal Newman maybe Lol

14 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

You know Dwyer, American Heritage, and Glades Central are all better than Palm Beach Lakes just saying.... 

You guys haven’t been paying attention to the off season movement. Lakes SHOULD be very legit. They got a few transfers from Dwyer and Palm Beach Central. I think Boca and Glades Central plays in the KOC or Week 1. GC’s secondary better not slip because Boca’s QB is good. Dwyer probably will take a step back. 

My County Top 10 based off of Offseason movement would be:

1. Atlantic 

2. Pahokee

3. Palm Beach Lakes

4. American Heritage

5. Dwyer

6. Palm Beach Central

7. Glades Central (was 5 until recent departed transfers)

8. Boca Raton

9. Seminole Ridge

10. Park Vista 

Watch List: Palm Beach Gardens, Benjamin, Kings Academy, Wellington, Santaluces, Cardinal Newman

1 hour ago, MuckCityChamp said:

You guys haven’t been paying attention to the off season movement. Lakes SHOULD be very legit. They got a few transfers from Dwyer and Palm Beach Central. I think Boca and Glades Central plays in the KOC or Week 1. GC’s secondary better not slip because Boca’s QB is good. Dwyer probably will take a step back. 

My County Top 10 based off of Offseason movement would be:

1. Atlantic 

2. Pahokee

3. Palm Beach Lakes

4. American Heritage

5. Dwyer

6. Palm Beach Central

7. Glades Central (was 5 until recent departed transfers)

8. Boca Raton

9. Seminole Ridge

10. Park Vista 

Watch List: Palm Beach Gardens, Benjamin, Kings Academy, Wellington, Santaluces, Cardinal Newman

Interesting last time boca was Good they had a very good Qb I think in 2012-2014 or something; and what all do PH have coming in ?

On 7/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, A-Town561 said:

Santaluces???? 

I can think of 3 teams not  on this list that can top Santaluces

Seminole Ridge

Wellington

Cardinal Newman maybe Lol

they rebuilt last year and have a legit rb coming back... no one was a great choice at 10 so i went with them

On 7/4/2019 at 12:00 AM, Pipe Dreams said:

Damn South Florida is loaded.

They could sweep 4A thru 7A, with a toss up in 8A. Not sure about the lower classes.

Northwestern, Central and Carol City were the biggest winners in the 2019 realignment.

Don't forget....

Chaminade in 3A

Champagnat and Miami Christian in 2A

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

You still think Boca is better than GC lol 

lol nope.... after seeing all the trasnfers etc, I think my top 10 will look pretty different....

1. Atlantic

2. palm beach lakes

3. palm beach gardens

4. pahokee

5. palm beach central

6. glades central

7. benjamin

8. american heritage delray

9. dwyer

10. santaluces

watch: seminole ridge, wellington, kings academy, park vista, cardinal newman, boca

15 minutes ago, aknenn said:

lol nope.... after seeing all the trasnfers etc, I think my top 10 will look pretty different....

1. Atlantic

2. palm beach lakes

3. palm beach gardens

4. pahokee

5. palm beach central

6. glades central

7. benjamin

8. american heritage delray

9. dwyer

10. santaluces

watch: seminole ridge, wellington, kings academy, park vista, cardinal newman, boca

My top 5

1. Atlantic

2. Dwyer

3. Palm Beach Gardens

4. Glades Central

5. Pahokee

47 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

My top 5

1. Atlantic

2. Dwyer

3. Palm Beach Gardens

4. Glades Central