Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts


27 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

They're loaded again and should contend for the 4A crown.

Have they gotten any major transfers? 

 

I see some good talent including a 3* Alabama commit but I wouldn't say loaded at least based on what is reported on their team profile but in all fairness I don't think many transfers statewide have been updated to their team so if they have picked up a bunch of transfers they may have more players who may get listed in August

 

2022

 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=93

 

 

2023

 

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=9366

 

 

 

But I agree they should contend in 4a and I have them top 10 in the 4A classification

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm gonna guess palmetto also loaded again and if I don't have them in the top 10 of Florida I must be clueless? LMAO

Palmetto isn't as strong this year as they have been the last two seasons. They should still be solid but I'm not sure if they'll make my top 25 yet. And you were clueless about Palmetto LMAO. They had Miami Central on the ropes in the state semis in 2019 but couldn't get out of their own way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I see some good talent including a 3* Alabama commit but I wouldn't say loaded at least based on what is reported on their team profile but in all fairness I don't think many transfers statewide have been updated to their team so if they have picked up a bunch of transfers they may have more players who may get listed in August

Yea, give a month for 247 to get their updated roster info. I think they have four other kids not listed on the 2022 page.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

Palmetto isn't as strong this year as they have been the last two seasons. They should still be solid but I'm not sure if they'll make my top 25 yet. And you were clueless about Palmetto LMAO. They had Miami Central on the ropes in the state semis in 2019 but couldn't get out of their own way. 

It wasn't that I wasn't aware of them, I just felt you were overinflating them and their performance against Lincoln proved it to me and I wasn't overly impressed with their competition level as it's basically tied to how good that area of the state is which is decent but not overly strong and the only team they played during the season in a different area of the state (ironically weaker area than Palmetto normally plays in) they got blasted 

 

I may have underestimated them initially but I feel my final position for them was fair but I also didn't have any sources from that area to ask (at least I didn't think I did until later on) but what teams should I be watching for in that area?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It wasn't that I wasn't aware of them, I just felt you were overinflating them and their performance against Lincoln proved it to me and I wasn't overly impressed with their competition level as it's basically tied to how good that area of the state is which is decent but not overly strong and the only team they played during the season in a different area of the state (ironically weaker area than Palmetto normally plays in) they got blasted 

Palmetto certainly laid an egg against Lincoln. But that Lincoln team took Edgewater to 2OT in the playoffs. Wasn't like Lincoln was some pushover.

 

36 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I may have underestimated them initially but I feel my final position for them was fair but I also didn't have any sources from that area to ask (at least I didn't think I did until later on) but what teams should I be watching for in that area?

I'm still gathering the facts on all of the area teams. At this point, I'd say Venice should make a serious run at the 8A crown. Other than that, give me a couple of weeks to get more intel. I don't like to make any kind of predictions or give off false assumptions on teams without knowing all of the facts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fishspinners said:

Palmetto certainly laid an egg against Lincoln. But that Lincoln team took Edgewater to 2OT in the playoffs. Wasn't like Lincoln was some pushover.

 

I'm still gathering the facts on all of the area teams. At this point, I'd say Venice should make a serious run at the 8A crown. Other than that, give me a couple of weeks to get more intel. I don't like to make any kind of predictions or give off false assumptions on teams without knowing all of the facts. 

Yea venice is gone be a problem they just added a  kid name gator freshmen running back that’s one of the top youth league players in the area and in the state gone be a problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Perspective said:

What fun is that?   B)

Fun? That doesn't seem like a very lawyer-like "perspective" to me.  Finding out all the facts, and making cold-hard analysis based on that seems like the correct course for men and women who wear expensive pinstriped suits and stylish Italian shoes in the "office" for a living. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tony112 said:

Yea venice is gone be a problem they just added a  kid name gator freshmen running back that’s one of the top youth league players in the area and in the state gone be a problem 

The freshman RB's name is Gator?  What is his full name?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Possibly a kid named Stacy Gage?  Following a local kid here in the youth league I see this kid played for the Riverview Raiders and is highly regarded.  

It’s not stacy but they play in the same league stacy is a going to 10 and gator is going to 9 grade but both are good running backs Stacy plays at img and jamarice wilder aka gator plays at Venice 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tony112 said:

It’s not stacy but they play in the same league stacy is a going to 10 and gator is going to 9 grade but both are good running backs Stacy plays at img and jamarice wilder aka gator plays at Venice 

Our starting RB Ja'Randy Swint has a younger brother an incoming 9th grader that was hyped with these kids mentioned above in these same youth leagues.  Actually a youth league Heisman winner 2 years running,  Taevion Swint.  We will have to see how that transfers to varsity ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Our starting RB Ja'Randy Swint has a younger brother an incoming 9th grader that was hyped with these kids mentioned above in these same youth leagues.  Actually a youth league Heisman winner 2 years running,  Taevion Swint.  We will have to see how that transfers to varsity ball.

That league has some real deal players and I seen swints play he is the real deal to 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2021 at 12:12 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I may have underestimated them initially but I feel my final position for them was fair but I also didn't have any sources from that area to ask (at least I didn't think I did until later on) but what teams should I be watching for in that area?

I may have been selling Palmetto a little short for this upcoming year. Just found out they'll have a freshmen QB that was a starter at Bradenton Christian as a 7th and 8th grader. He led them to the state semis in the christian division. I saw the kids highlights last year but didn't know he had transferred to Palmetto. Sounds like he played really well in the recent 7 on 7 tourney for Palmetto. Zander Smith is the kids name.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

I may have been selling Palmetto a little short for this upcoming year. Just found out they'll have a freshmen QB that was a starter at Bradenton Christian as a 7th and 8th grader. He led them to the state semis in the christian division. I saw the kids highlights last year but didn't know he had transferred to Palmetto. Sounds like he played really well in the recent 7 on 7 tourney for Palmetto. Zander Smith is the kids name.  

Yea Zander is good player but the problem I have with palmetto is there coaching it’s up and down and they dnt no how to finish games

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...