Comparison of 6 teams in 3S

DisabledAccount

1 minute ago, nolebull813 said:

The majority of GA top teams are in the same class. On any given time Georgias top 10 will be around 8 teams from 7A and then maybe the top ranked teams from 5A, 6A. 

In FL every team get their special own class. We would have a top 10 with teams from 5 different classes. That’s embarrassing 

That's because in GA school enrollment has correlation to success

You don't have GA teams of 300 kids who can beat schools of 3k like you do in Florida 

Thank you for literally proving my point why student enrollment in Florida is pointless

5 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

The majority of GA top teams are in the same class. On any given time Georgias top 10 will be around 8 teams from 7A and then maybe the top ranked teams from 5A, 6A. 

In FL every team get their special own class. We would have a top 10 with teams from 5 different classes. That’s embarrassing 

Which goes to show that using student enrollment as the only basis for classifications is a mistake 

With open transfer rules a school with 300 kids could end up being the best team in the state, how many other states does that actually happen?

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That's because in GA school enrollment has correlation to success

You don't have GA teams of 300 kids who can beat schools of 3k like you do in Florida 

Thank you for literally proving my point why student enrollment in Florida is pointless

You are obsessing over enrollment when the problem is the amount of classes. That’s the problem 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Which goes to show that using student enrollment as the only basis for classifications is a mistake 

With open transfer rules a team with 300 kids could end up being the best team in the state, how many other states does that actually happen?

What are you talking about? 2013 Booker T is the only team I can think of in the last 20 years off hand that was the top team in the state from a team with less than 1,100 in enrollment 

Just now, nolebull813 said:

What are you talking about? 2013 Booker T is the only team I can think of in the last 20 years off hand that was the top team in the state from a team with less than 1,100 in enrollment 

Didn't your buddy literally say on the national board a few days ago that Chaminade may likely end up the best team in Florida?

I said they have the potential to be the 1st team since 2013 Booker T to be the top team from a small class 

There were also plenty of years where a team under 1k was in the top 5 or top 3 

TCA in 2015 was top 5 

Chaminade in I believe 2018 was top 5 and even Cardinal Gibbons had a case that year 

Wasn't Bolles in 2011 in the top 5?

These just off the top of my head, how often do we see that in GA or TX?

6 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Yes but I’m not obsessing over it. It was a suggestion. The main issue is and will continue to be the amount of classes 

Technically if they ever were to go to 4S playing 4M winner (and 1-3 following same format obviously) in an open bowl it would really be 5 classes with 4 of the classes having 2 divisions and an open division championship 

Technically if they ever were to go to 4S playing 4M winner in an open bowl it would really be 5 classes with 4 of the classes having 2 divisions and an open division championship 

I remember when I seen a 1st round loser from 1A beat the 2A state champ in the regular season I just shook my damn head. Lol

2 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I remember when I seen a 1st round loser from 1A beat the 2A state champ in the regular season I just shook my damn head. Lol

And I agree that 1A in general is a train wreck, it was a concept that could have been good but it has been formated horribly

How I would fix it is set the overall class at 32 smallest teams with rural designation

2 regions of 16 

8 teams per region make playoffs 

Simple we go from regions of 2/3 making playoffs to 1/2 which would at least add some respect to the 1A postseason

And I agree that 1A in general is a train wreck, it was a concept that could have been good but it has been formated horribly

How I would fix it is set the overall class at 32 smallest teams with rural designation

2 regions of 16 

8 teams per region make playoffs 

Simple we go from regions of 2/3 making playoffs to 1/2 which would at least add some respect to the 1A postseason

There is no distinction of rural 1A teams and the smallest suburban teams. 

I’m sure Baker, Blountstown and Madison County could handle the onslaught of Maclay, Aucilla Christian and Moore Haven 

There is no distinction of rural 1A teams and the smallest suburban teams. 

I’m sure Baker, Blountstown and Madison County could handle the onslaught of Maclay, Aucilla Christian and Moore Haven 

Aucilla and Moore Haven I believe are actually in 1R now not 1S

19 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Literally no team with less than 1,000 in enrollment has ever been the top team in the state this century 

Maybe not, but special consideration is in order for a smaller Nationally ranked 1996 Jacksonville Bolles (14-0), who's starting QB broke his ankle on their first series. They lost 14-13 to Bartow (14-1). Also 2003's 2A state champ Hollywood CHaminade (13-1) with victories over 5A state champ Daytona Mainland, and an excellent 27-0 victory over Madison. County. A 3pt loss to 5A semi-finalist Miami Edison (32-29) being their only slip-up. Finally, a Shout out to the 2009 2A Cocoa Tigers (14-0) upset shocker of national ranked Glades Central (13-0). These three small school winners were easily Top 3 in the state in those years. IMO, Chaminade was the best team in the state in 2003.  

14 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Yoo @ColumbiaHighFan2017class when are u gonna do your observations on 3AM 

I get it your expertise is more with the suburban teams but still would like to see your opinion on down south 

While we're waiting for Columbia's rankings closer to the start of the season, here are Maxpreps' current, highly dubious power ratings for 3M:

1.  St. Thomas Aquinas

2.  Jesuit

3.  Tampa Bay Tech

4.  Jones

5.  Homestead

6.  Edgewater

7.  Dillard

8.  Armwood

9.  Wharton

10.  Hillsborough

11.  Bloomingdale

12.  Gaither

13.  Wekiva

14.  Plantation

15.  Deerfield Beach

It looks like Maxpreps' computer algorithms did not get the word on Dillard's upgrades.  "In Maxpreps we trust"

23 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

While we're waiting for Columbia's rankings closer to the start of the season, here are Maxpreps' current, highly dubious power ratings for 3M:

1.  St. Thomas Aquinas

2.  Jesuit

3.  Tampa Bay Tech

4.  Jones

5.  Homestead

6.  Edgewater

7.  Dillard

8.  Armwood

9.  Wharton

10.  Hillsborough

11.  Bloomingdale

12.  Gaither

13.  Wekiva

14.  Plantation

15.  Deerfield Beach

It looks like Maxpreps' computer algorithms did not get the word on Dillard's upgrades.  "In Maxpreps we trust"

Nor DFB's "downgrades" :lol:.  I do think Jones and Edgewater should probably be in the top 5, along with STA, Jesuit and Dillard.  A few others have high expectations and the season will give them a chance to live their dream. 

32 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

1.  St. Thomas Aquinas

2.  Jesuit

3.  Tampa Bay Tech

4.  Jones

5.  Homestead

6.  Edgewater

7.  Dillard

8.  Armwood

9.  Wharton

10.  Hillsborough

11.  Bloomingdale

12.  Gaither

13.  Wekiva

14.  Plantation

15.  Deerfield Beach

Interesting jesuit is in 3M so how would that work for say Dillard or STA , let’s say Dillard beats STA for the district & Jesuit wins their district who would see Jesuit first or would it be like a state championship matchup possibly.

7 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Nor DFB's "downgrades" :lol:.  I do think Jones and Edgewater should probably be in the top 5, along with STA, Jesuit and Dillard.  A few others have high expectations and the season will give them a chance to live their dream. 

If you ask me the top 5 of this list would be 

1.STA

2. JESUIT 

3. DILLARD 

4.HOMESTEAD 

5. JONES 

43 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Interesting jesuit is in 3M so how would that work for say Dillard or STA , let’s say Dillard beats STA for the district & Jesuit wins their district who would see Jesuit first or would it be like a state championship matchup possibly.

Hypothetically you would have 4 regional champions: Region 1 - Jones/Edgewater;    Region 2 - Jesuit;    Region 3 - STA/Dillard;   Region 4 - Homestead.  Assuming the FHSAA is again reseeding the state semifinalists, based on the FHSAA Power Rankings (which I think is the case), seed #1 would host seed #4, and seed #2 would host seed #3.  So Dillard could hypothetically play Jesuit in the state semifinals or state finals, if both teams were to progress that far.