It's official State Championships will be played in Tallahassee.

muckboy561

This is a travesty. All the teams that make the title game are in South Florida. Horrible that these teams have to drive 8-9 hours to play one game against each other. Imagine Miami Central and AHP having to take that drive for no reason. This is another black eye on the FHSAA 

5 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

What in the world is going on in Kissimmee? If you had told me 6 months ago that The Kowboys would start 0-5, I would have split my sides laughing. But now… 

This is what happens when key players go down with injuries. It greatly reduces what you can do. To a lesser degree 2014 Apopka had these issues as we finished the regular season 6-4. However we were lucky to have everyone healthy in the playoffs after game 1. The result was an unexpected state title. Osceola probably won't make a title run this year, but could well do so next year. 

9 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

What in the world is going on in Kissimmee? If you had told me 6 months ago that The Kowboys would start 0-5, I would have split my sides laughing. But now… 

Very embarassing loss as Rockledge was as challenged as us on offense and should have never got the last TD which was the only one produced by their offense.  Too many mistakes, fumbles, bad snaps, kick coverage, you name it.  Worse, it was torture to watch.  

2 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Very embarassing loss as Rockledge was as challenged as us on offense and should have never got the last TD which was the only one produced by their offense.  Too many mistakes, fumbles, bad snaps, kick coverage, you name it.  Worse, it was torture to watch.  

Thankfully, the only way out is up. Osceola needs to put this miserable start behind them, win their district, and get healthy for the playoffs, where anything could happen. 

You all...

You all keep complaining....

One the contracts ran out at Gene Cox and DRV PNK

Second, I don't believe DRV PNK was interested in renewing and taking on all nine games.

Third, FHSAA heard a ton of complaints regarding the split weekends. Honestly, going back to one site was needed.

Fourth, Orlando... my understanding is both sides tried, but it comes down to dollars and what is going to make sense for all involved.

A lot of you think the FHSAA can just go pull up to any stadium and play at it, and the stadium will be fine with it. It does not work that way. Logistics are a major thing in all of this, and if all the logistics do not line up, would it make sense to play at said stadium?

And no, I am not a secret member of the FHSAA... I just understand how things work and what the bylaws and policies are without trying to sound off-putting here.

38 minutes ago, Joshua Wilson said:

You all...

Second, I don't believe DRV PNK was interested in renewing and taking on all nine games.

Third, FHSAA heard a ton of complaints regarding the split weekends. Honestly, going back to one site was needed.

Fourth, Orlando... my understanding is both sides tried, but it comes down to dollars and what is going to make sense for all involved.

A lot of you think the FHSAA can just go pull up to any stadium and play at it, and the stadium will be fine with it. It does not work that way. Logistics are a major thing in all of this, and if all the logistics do not line up, would it make sense to play at said stadium?

And no, I am not a secret member of the FHSAA... I just understand how things work and what the bylaws and policies are without trying to sound off-putting here.

Josh, I understand what you're saying.   But, there's a flip-side.   If no one complains, the FHSAA may think that their decisions are good ones.  They're not.  I'm not saying that there are easy answers, but this is the biggest decision that the FHSAA has to make year in and year out:  where to play the championship games for the most popular and most-attended sport that they oversee.  And when you look back over the last several years and see how many teams from South Florida play in those championship games, it just doesn't make good sense to ask all of those teams and their cheerleaders and their bands and their fans to travel 8-9 hours. 

If the FHSAA wants to authorize me to negotiate this issue on their behalf in the future, and I can't do any better, then I'll shut up.  Until then, and respectfully, I'll keep complaining.  

(By the way, where were the complaints about the split weekend coming from?)

11 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

You all...

Josh, I know that logic and reason is very much lost on most posters to this message board. This was a great explanation though, and while you justifiably can get frustrated with the whiners, complainers, and naysayers who are never happy with anything, you can always remember that you have a great and appreciative friend/poster in Jambun82. You're welcome, and thank you for all that you do!