Quantcast
Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Legion37

Georgia get Florida again Marietta romping Edgewater

Recommended Posts


30 minutes ago, Legion37 said:

Marietta Ga  32   Edgewater 10 in 4th Qtr

 

That's because FLAAAWDA football is O VER RATED! And Marietta ain't close to being the best team in Georgia this season, or ANY SEASON! The last time a Cobb county team won the state championship in the highest classification, I was in Vietnam!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

Who said Edgewater was a greay Florida team?

Maybe not great, but probably top 5 and for sure top 10. But, we must factor in a significant home field advantage for one of Georgia's top 5 teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Who said Edgewater was a greay Florida team?

EC, this year's Edgewater team is solid. The game was a bit closer than the scores. Marietta had a superior offensive line which gave their DI QB way too much time to throw. Marietta made three critical stops on downs deep in their own territory including stopping a five minute Edgewater drive to open the second half. Marietta was, overall, the better team (not sure about talent, but overall better). 

I look for Edgewater to get a return match with Lakeland in the semis. Last year it was close for a half then the wheels fell off Edgewater's wagon. We will see what this year brings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edgewater is a very good team. They just ran into a team that was better. I don't know much about Marietta team or rules within Georgia for HS football. If transfers are permitted in Georgia as in Florida, Marietta is a very attractive draw for kids wanting to play football in Atlanta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Y'all misunderstood.... this guy made it out like EW was the  best team in Florida.... I'm looking for receipts 

Who is this guy? I certainly never said anything about Edgewater being good or bad or the best, just simply pointed out another loss for a Florida team from a team OOS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Y'all misunderstood.... this guy made it out like EW was the  best team in Florida.... I'm looking for receipts 

 

Listen Lord Peezy! I don't MAKE da news, I jist rePORT it! NOBODY said Edge of the water was your best team! But they're DEFINITELY TOP TEN out of those 2000! Georgia has 450 schools, and 45 in 7A! FLAAAWDA has 2000! And ALSO OPEN ENROLLMENT! BOTH teams were ranked #5 in their respective classifications! And Marietta has barely won one game 21-17, and lost another un to Grayson, by 28-12! And my Packers beat Grayson 31-7, and it coulda, woulda, shoulda been worse!

youtube.com/watch?v=NNdhQo7AD-M

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Georgia is just better than Florida right now because of the transfer rules.  We have teams full of mercenary players that are a great collection of talent, but do not always make the best team.  A lot of those GA programs are full of kids that have been playing together since little league.  There are some outliers that have a lot of transfers like Grayson, but for the most part the kids show up together in 9th grade and win together.  Remember when Miami Central won those titles, same as BTW those kids played together for 4 years.  I remember watching Armwood beat Central when Cook and Yearby were freshman, Central won the next 3 titles with pretty much the same team.  That era is dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marietta's had some good teams, some that have advanced beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs in the last 10 years. I believe Marietta actually has a number of D-1 players this year on its squad. But around Atlanta the real strength of Georgia HS football resides in Gwinnett County. Yeah you have some schools down south.....Lowdes, and Colquitt County come immediately to mind and when Jeff Herron was at Camden County his teams were regularly right there in the thick of things..........

Its too bad but I think this year STA and Lakeland are probably Florida's only 2 elite football teams......its just the reality of the way things are......again this year. Last year there were probably 2-3 more teams you could have added to that list. The Colquitt homer can run his mouth all he wants, but the reality for him is that last 2 years Colquitt rolled into the state title games as heavy favorites and got beat both times.......last year by Milton HS........Maybe because he's had nothing to brag about inside of GA, he finds some sense of satisfaction in gloating over the success GA teams have had beating Florida teams.......interesting however it usually about beating Florida schools that are just good...............not elite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 6:18 AM, Legion37 said:

Who is this guy? I certainly never said anything about Edgewater being good or bad or the best, just simply pointed out another loss for a Florida team from a team OOS. 

The Orabidone from Georgia is who I am referring to... What did you assume?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 12:54 AM, peezy28 said:

Y'all misunderstood.... this guy made it out like EW was the  best team in Florida.... I'm looking for receipts 

Who made it out that Edgewater was the best team in Florida? They are currently ranked #1 in Central Florida, not the entire state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I told you guys that  Edgewater was going to get stomped.  I told you that over a month ago.  No one wanted to listen because everyone likes to be in their own bubble. 

 Just because this is a Florida site most posters think that the Florida team will win no matter what and when I seen the results against a garbage team like Bishop Moore I knew Edgewater was toast 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I told you guys that  Edgewater was going to get stomped.  I told you that over a month ago.  No one wanted to listen because everyone likes to be in their own bubble. 

 Just because this is a Florida site most posters think that the Florida team will win no matter what and when I seen the results against a garbage team like Bishop Moore I knew Edgewater was toast 

Bishop Moore has gone from a 1-3 start with losses to three ranked teams to a current record of 4-3, while averaging more than 40 points a game in their last three victories. They'll be favored in their remaining three games and should make the 5A playoffs. Not bad for a "garbage team". Do we know which HS team your cheer for or you only a fan of those losers in Tally and Tampa, speaking of pathetic teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I told you guys that  Edgewater was going to get stomped.  I told you that over a month ago.  No one wanted to listen because everyone likes to be in their own bubble. 

 Just because this is a Florida site most posters think that the Florida team will win no matter what and when I seen the results against a garbage team like Bishop Moore I knew Edgewater was toast 

Edgewater had almost 500 yards of offense, more than Marietta. They lost the game because of two reasons: 1. They turned the ball over on downs on three critical drives deep in Marietta territory. 2. More importantly, Marietta's offensive line won the battle of the trenches against Edgewater's defensive line. You don't give a very good D1 QB all the time in the world to throw and not get burned for points. 

If they met in the friendly confines of College Park, the game's outcome would likely have been different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Edgewater had almost 500 yards of offense, more than Marietta. They lost the game because of two reasons: 1. They turned the ball over on downs on three critical drives deep in Marietta territory. 2. More importantly, Marietta's offensive line won the battle of the trenches against Edgewater's defensive line. You don't give a very good D1 QB all the time in the world to throw and not get burned for points. 

If they met in the friendly confines of College Park, the game's outcome would likely have been different. 

Nope. Marietta was better across the board. Better coaching. Better at every position. Had the advantage of being at home while Edgewater drives 8 hours. 

Edgewater had one good win. Jones. And Jones was missing a slew of starters in that game.

i got caught a little drinking the kool aid too. I thought Edgewater was on a roll and maybe could spring the ultimate upset. 

Wrong!!!! They are who most thought they were. That team who lost to freaking Hagerty last year. Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Bishop Moore has gone from a 1-3 start with losses to three ranked teams to a current record of 4-3, while averaging more than 40 points a game in their last three victories. They'll be favored in their remaining three games and should make the 5A playoffs. Not bad for a "garbage team". Do we know which HS team your cheer for or you only a fan of those losers in Tally and Tampa, speaking of pathetic teams?

Bishop Moore’s second half of the schedule is atrocious. It’s a crime how terrible the schedule is. 

Bishop Moore got the crap kicked out of them by the best teams they played. Not competitive in the slightest. They beat the horrible teams they played. Literally nothing about them you could feel excited about. 

Just not a good football team, and you following or supporting them will make them better at football. 

Im not questioning your love or commitment, but objectively they are not very good at football 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Nope. Marietta was better across the board. Better coaching. Better at every position. Had the advantage of being at home while Edgewater drives 8 hours. 

Edgewater had one good win. Jones. And Jones was missing a slew of starters in that game.

i got caught a little drinking the kool aid too. I thought Edgewater was on a roll and maybe could spring the ultimate upset. 

Wrong!!!! They are who most thought they were. That team who lost to freaking Hagerty last year. Lol 

You are smoking something pretty strong. Did you even watch the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Posts

    • Exactly   This is a unprecedented situation but we need to limit the damage to the athletes as much as possible and screwing over the spring athletes once again after they already got screwed this past spring isn't limiting the damage    Ik most the state only really cares about football but there are other sports that mean as much to many athletes and fans as football does    I watched a team this past spring who was catching fire and about to make a run to state despite being doubted all off-season only to have it taken away from them   I would give up 10 years of attending football games just to have seen that team given a chance to show what they could have done
    • If Deon Sanders can go from the football field to the baseball field (in a helicopter!), then so can high school kids.  I agree with you on this one.   Let kids play multiple sports (perhaps with a limit on the number of "contests" per week; or one sport per day). 
    • I know it's not a perfect solution for the small schools, but this is a "hopefully" once in a lifetime problem. Couldn't they allow kids double up for this one year and if they wish, play two sports at the same time as long as the two coaches feel it is feasible? I know that at my grandsons' school (an 8A school here in Orlando), they have several football players that also play lacrosse or baseball, and one of their top WR's is and outstanding baseball player with college and/or pro potential who would have to make a very difficult decision if both sports were played in the Spring and a waiver wasn't granted. He'd be crazy if he didn't play baseball, especially after missing last season to the virus.
    • I think you're right. The article said there were 15 members and that's what they have on the Advisory Committee.
    • I am in agreement with you. It does not make any sense. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...