Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well 2016 was Lee vs Columbia first playoff matchup

 

Maybe if Lee had actually made the playoffs more then it wouldn't be so fresh in everyone's mind but Lee spent 15 years being Jacksonville homecoming game for teams like Ed White, Raines and First Coast while those teams owned the City and Lee just wished they would be considered a big deal 

 

Lee will be back to 3 win seasons eventually like every "hopeful" dynasty in Jacksonville and Columbia will still be a playoff team, like always

Darter said Lee has a habit of losing clutch playoff games.  They beat Columbia in 2016, 2018 and 2019 in the playoffs.  It appears they have no problem beating Columbia in clutch games.  If they sucked all those other years then they didn't have any clutch playoff games to lose.  Lee needs transfers to compete.  Once they lose their coach or a new admin they will probably go back to being a bad undisciplined team.  Not sure how long that will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Madison county elite in South Florida or Jacksonville with Mike coe and company. 

It ain't gonna do them no good. 

Vero lucks out again!   Maurice Smith, Jr. transferred from Fort Pierce Westwood to Vero Beach and has shown plenty to become a force with his strong arm and athleticism. Vero won both their

8 hours ago, badbird said:

Darter said Lee has a habit of losing clutch playoff games.  They beat Columbia in 2016, 2018 and 2019 in the playoffs.  It appears they have no problem beating Columbia in clutch games.  If they sucked all those other years then they didn't have any clutch playoff games to lose.  Lee needs transfers to compete.  Once they lose their coach or a new admin they will probably go back to being a bad undisciplined team.  Not sure how long that will be.

Which is why I would say even though Columbia has lost those playoff games, at least they were in a playoff position and have been so consistently since the 1990s

 

Lee can't say that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Which is why I would say even though Columbia has lost those playoff games, at least they were in a playoff position and have been so consistently since the 1990s

 

Lee can't say that 

The only consistent DCPS program since the 90’s has been Raines and they’ve even had some down years. It’s the nature of being in the Duval. It’s great to have tradition and be great for a long time but there’s something to be said for getting great after a long period of mediocrity or down right badness. 
 

Lee had been bad since Corky left but has been solid since OJ took over. Terry Parker had been bad since Christ was a child but now that Dorsey is there? They’re building a good program. Coaching is so important with these underfunded inner city schools. I know you’re young but I would’ve thought you’d have realized that by now. Maintaining a tradition is much easier in small town Lake City compared to Duval. 
 

And don’t compare to Miami, they have so much more talent and they have consistently been congregating at a certain few schools for the past 15-20 years 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

The only consistent DCPS program since the 90’s has been Raines and they’ve even had some down years. It’s the nature of being in the Duval. It’s great to have tradition and be great for a long time but there’s something to be said for getting great after a long period of mediocrity or down right badness. 
 

Lee had been bad since Corky left but has been solid since OJ took over. Terry Parker had been bad since Christ was a child but now that Dorsey is there? They’re building a good program. Coaching is so important with these underfunded inner city schools. I know you’re young but I would’ve thought you’d have realized that by now. Maintaining a tradition is much easier in small town Lake City compared to Duval. 
 

And don’t compare to Miami, they have so much more talent and they have consistently been congregating at a certain few schools for the past 15-20 years 

Like that doesn't happen in Jacksonville or any other metro?

 

Ain't just Miami, Broward county is better than any large metro in the north talent wise but what separates SFL from metros like jacksonville is while Jacksonville may be able to get a few teams with all the talent, Duval tier 2 teams would get smashed as bad if not worse by the tier 2 teams in Broward or Dade that the tier 1 teams would do to many Duval tier 1 teams 

 

That's why I find it hilarious there are actually people at Lee who think they could win a state title, they would never beat Miami Central or Northwestern and if they go on the field talking the garbage they do when they play us those teams might try to run it up even worse just to shut their mouth 

 

 

And Lake City support has been declining every year across the board, much of the city don't support the school unless they are just using it to have their name attached to the sponsors list 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Like that doesn't happen in Jacksonville or any other metro?

 

Ain't just Miami, Broward county is better than any large metro in the north talent wise but what separates SFL from metros like jacksonville is while Jacksonville may be able to get a few teams with all the talent, Duval tier 2 teams would get smashed as bad if not worse by the tier 2 teams in Broward or Dade that the tier 1 teams would do to many Duval tier 1 teams 

 

That's why I find it hilarious there are actually people at Lee who think they could win a state title, they would never beat Miami Central or Northwestern and if they go on the field talking the garbage they do when they play us those teams might try to run it up even worse just to shut their mouth 

 

 

And Lake City support has been declining every year across the board, much of the city don't support the school unless they are just using it to have their name attached to the sponsors list 

Lol we are talking about high school kids, of course they talk trash. And yes you are correct, Broward and Dade are the prominent counties for football because they have a great pop Warner system, great coaches, and way more people. 
 

I think many in Duval would kill to just have those kind of sponsorships that you have in Lake City. Or the ability to not have to recruit your own kids to get them to stay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, Jags904 said:

Lol we are talking about high school kids, of course they talk trash. And yes you are correct, Broward and Dade are the prominent counties for football because they have a great pop Warner system, great coaches, and way more people. 
 

I think many in Duval would kill to just have those kind of sponsorships that you have in Lake City. Or the ability to not have to recruit your own kids to get them to stay. 

A program with the success and consistency of Columbia would do well if they were in SFL or in Jacksonville

 

They are good at adjusting and could play anywhere in the state which is something I don't think many up here could do 

 

 

In theory yes Columbia does have a stronger tradition and fanbase but there is a reason I spend most of my time at softball now, I do try to help the program from time to time but normally it's not strong communication which means most my attempts to help don't go over too well and I seem to land in hot water because I tell it how it is which has from time to time rubbed the people in the administration at Columbia the wrong way 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Though I want the best for the kids within the program and considering how good a working relationship I have with softball I can contribute in ways out there that would never have been possible at football but I feel right at home out there 

Madison county elite in South Florida or Jacksonville with Mike coe and company. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

How is Raines looking? Did they gain or lose any transfers this offseason?

Haven’t heard much. Lee has been the talk of the town. Raines is pretty consistent in the teams they have so I’m expecting a good season from them.
 

Best teams in area should be Bolles, TCA, BT, Lee, and Raines/Baker County.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 5:33 PM, KeemD321 said:

Looks like Cocoa may have lost their 6'5 receiver to Viera. He transferred to Cocoa from Viera last season. His brother is still at Cocoa.

I heard that a couple of Cocoa starters are seriously considering a move to Orlando area. Can't mention names or destination school until confirmed they are coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 4:26 PM, roygod said:

Vero lucks out again!

 

Maurice Smith, Jr. transferred from Fort Pierce Westwood to Vero Beach and has shown plenty to become a force with his strong arm and athleticism.

I just watched his Hudl tape. Looks like a good pick up for VB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 1:50 PM, smashmouth80 said:

Bolles has already picked up a couple. One from Episcopal and one from Nease. Hearing a few more might be in the works. 

They need all the help they can get. They are heading to Atlanta to tangle with the top ranked 4A team this year 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Marist will be tough. They run the option and force you to be disciplined. But they lost a lot from last year. If Bolles gets some of the kids rumored to be going to Bolles. I think they would handle Marist. The kid from Episcopal just got offered by Virginia Tech. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 12:48 PM, smashmouth80 said:

Marist will be tough. They run the option and force you to be disciplined. But they lost a lot from last year. If Bolles gets some of the kids rumored to be going to Bolles. I think they would handle Marist. The kid from Episcopal just got offered by Virginia Tech. 

They lost the Thomas kid to Creekside, who always manages to get 4-5 kids a year, but I think they’ll add about half of those kids. 
 

They should be the favorites to win a title if they get those kids. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Jax TCA has to kids that transferred there!!

Daniel plumber the starting QB for creekside last year 

and Marquis Lundy a CB from  Baldwin who I hear is pretty good !!!

Plummer was originally at TCA so I don't see it as a true transfer 

 

Even so Lee still has more transfers yet people call TCA the cheaters LMAO

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 1:50 PM, Jags904 said:

They lost the Thomas kid to Creekside, who always manages to get 4-5 kids a year, but I think they’ll add about half of those kids. 
 

They should be the favorites to win a title if they get those kids. 

Rumors they could be getting that many kids from Nassau County 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, smashmouth80 said:

Rumors they could be getting that many kids from Nassau County 

Getting kids from Nassau and St John’s would definitely be the way for them to really get good. Bolles doesn’t seem willing to lower academic standards and as a result, they’ll never get a lot of DCPS kids 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 7:23 PM, nolebull813 said:

Are the 3 transfers any good? Are they studs or are they just random obscure players who are moving into the Lee zone? Kids move all the time. You just don’t hear about the tuba player or debate club wiz transferring schools.

If they ain’t stud football players then it’s all a waste of typing. 

NM lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Why would kids drive from Nassau county to Bolles in the southside of Jacksonville?

Why not? Bolles has always had kids from Nassau. I bet we will also see some transfer up to Camden with Herron there, which was a big key for them winning titles.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...