New teams in 2022

nolebull813

26 minutes ago, TRAJAN01 said:

Hey @Jesse I saw where Madison is playing Fitzgerald, GA on September 10th in Brunswick, GA.  It appears to be a game set up by Under Armour....matching state champions.  Fitzgerald beat Thomasville last year in Georgia 2A.

No because Mike coe would have post it on Facebook. 

• 4 weeks later...

Destin's 2022 Football Schedule

Date Time vs Location
Aug 19 6:00pm Pre-season Jamboree vs Vernon HS / Freeport HS Freeport High School
Aug 26   <BYE>  
Sept 2 7:00pm Baker High School Bake High School
Sept 9 7:00pm North Bay Haven High School Home
Sept 16 7:00pm Rocky Bayou Christian High School Rocky Bayou High School
Sept 23 7:00pm Lighthouse Private Christian High School Lighthouse Private Christian
Sept 30 7:00pm Jay High School Jay High School
Oct 7 7:00pm Dean Bozeman High School Home
Oct 14 7:00pm Chipley High School Chipley High School
Oct 21 7:00pm Hilliard High School Home
Oct 28 7:00pm Aucilla Christian High School Home
Nov 4 7:00pm Holmes County High School Holmes High School

48 minutes ago, s1nglewing said:

Destin's 2022 Football Schedule

Date Time vs Location
Aug 19 6:00pm Pre-season Jamboree vs Vernon HS / Freeport HS Freeport High School
Aug 26   <BYE>  
Sept 2 7:00pm Baker High School Bake High School
Sept 9 7:00pm North Bay Haven High School Home
Sept 16 7:00pm Rocky Bayou Christian High School Rocky Bayou High School
Sept 23 7:00pm Lighthouse Private Christian High School Lighthouse Private Christian
Sept 30 7:00pm Jay High School Jay High School
Oct 7 7:00pm Dean Bozeman High School Home
Oct 14 7:00pm Chipley High School Chipley High School
Oct 21 7:00pm Hilliard High School Home
Oct 28 7:00pm Aucilla Christian High School Home
Nov 4 7:00pm Holmes County High School Holmes High School

Why is baker scheduled to play them...... oh wait they softest team in Florida.  Destin could win those games. Them teams are lowest tier in Florida.  Hopefully Destin is 1A team bc if not why make a team that gets 70 put on them in higher class. Blountstown not on there wow.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I seriously can't remember how many times I had to do that very thing. Like Nolebull said in another discussion, the kids know kids from other schools and where the "hot hand" is. I never entertained discussions with kids or parents of kids from other schools. I know we lost some good ones because of it but I am ok with that.
    • In a single word, "no." In a lot more words, see the following: (From 2023-24 FHSAA Handbook) 36.2 GENERAL DEFINITIONS 36.2.1 Athletic Recruiting. “Athletic recruiting” is any effort by a school employee, athletic department staff member or representative of a school’s athletic interests to pressure, urge or entice a student to attend that school for the purpose of participating in interscholastic athletics.   and this . . . 36.2.2 Improper Contact. “Improper contact” is contact, either directly or indirectly, whether in person or through written or electronic communication, by a school employee, athletic department staff member, representative of the school’s athletic interests or third parties, such as an independent person, business or organization, with a student or any member of the student’s family, in an effort to pressure, urge or entice the student to attend a different school for the purpose of participating in interscholastic athletics.  See Policy 37.    In fact, if the kid contacts the coach at another school, the coach is not supposed to communicate with the kid other than to refer the kid to the person at the school responsible for admissions.    Best I can tell, there is no exception for being able to reach out to a kid who plays a sport that is not offered by the school that the kid currently attends.  Perhaps there should be . . . but then you'd really be opening Pandora's Box.   
    • So you are not allowed to talk to a kid who is not an active football player currently attending a school that doesn’t have a football team?
    • 1.  Ask around and get the kid's phone number. 2.  Call the kid.  3.  If that doesn't work, DM the kid.  4.  Once communications are established, try to convince the kid to come to your school.  There may be other ways, but I think this would be the easiest way to recruit a kid .  
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Popular Contributors