Jump to content

Is this true?


nolebull813
 Share

Recommended Posts

One of these teams will make a State Semi Finals this year? Say it ain’t so. What are we doing here?

Region 4

District 2S-13
Lake Alfred Discovery
Frostproof
Mulberry
Lakeland Tenoroc

District 2S-14
Avon Park
Clewiston
Wauchula Hardee
Lake Placid

District 2S-15
Bradenton Bayshore
Sarasota Booker
Arcadia DeSoto County
Englewood Lemon Bay

District 2S-16
Fort Myers Bishop Verot
Estero
Fort Myers Gateway
Key West

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

One of these teams will make a State Semi Finals this year? Say it ain’t so. What are we doing here?

Region 4

District 2S-13
Lake Alfred Discovery
Frostproof
Mulberry
Lakeland Tenoroc

District 2S-14
Avon Park
Clewiston
Wauchula Hardee
Lake Placid

District 2S-15
Bradenton Bayshore
Sarasota Booker
Arcadia DeSoto County
Englewood Lemon Bay

District 2S-16
Fort Myers Bishop Verot
Estero
Fort Myers Gateway
Key West

 

In answer to your question, I'd say we're giving some other team an easy path to the championship game.   B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smashmouth80 said:

2S is the least competitive division. I don't see anyone coming close to Cocoa. Only a handful of teams in he north could give them a game as well. 

So Cocoa will sleepwalk to a title. SMH. The last couple years they had to work for it. Cardinal Gibbons doesn’t have an advantage over them. 
 

Brevard and Polk County are considered suburban but the transfers are like the wild Wild West. 
 

This new change seems to be losers from the cheap seats that are mad that talent isnt at their door step. That’s why Lakeland and Cocoa haven’t had issues competing. Because they utilize the rules allowing talent to flow to their programs, and that’s only possible because there is real talent in Polk and Brevard.

Losers from the cheap seats who weren’t gonna win anyways got to dictate the embarrassment of a state having only 500 teams but 9 classifications. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

So Cocoa will sleepwalk to a title. SMH. The last couple years they had to work for it. Cardinal Gibbons doesn’t have an advantage over them. 
 

Brevard and Polk County are considered suburban but the transfers are like the wild Wild West. 
 

This new change seems to be losers from the cheap seats that are mad that talent isnt at their door step. That’s why Lakeland and Cocoa haven’t had issues competing. Because they utilize the rules allowing talent to flow to their programs, and that’s only possible because there is real talent in Polk and Brevard.

Losers from the cheap seats who weren’t gonna win anyways got to dictate the embarrassment of a state having only 500 teams but 9 classifications. 

The top teams in 2S in the north are West Florida, Florida High, Godby, Wakulla, Baker County, North Marion traditionally. But I don't think those teams are on Cocoa's level currently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

So Cocoa will sleepwalk to a title. SMH. The last couple years they had to work for it. Cardinal Gibbons doesn’t have an advantage over them. 
 

Brevard and Polk County are considered suburban but the transfers are like the wild Wild West. 
 

This new change seems to be losers from the cheap seats that are mad that talent isnt at their door step. That’s why Lakeland and Cocoa haven’t had issues competing. Because they utilize the rules allowing talent to flow to their programs, and that’s only possible because there is real talent in Polk and Brevard.

Losers from the cheap seats who weren’t gonna win anyways got to dictate the embarrassment of a state having only 500 teams but 9 classifications. 

Florida has 485 teams in 9 classifications.  By comparison:

     Alabama: 389 teams/7 classes         Average = 56 teams per class

     Florida:  485 teams/9 classes           Average = 54 teams per class

     Georgia:  413 teams/8 classes          Average = 52 teams per class

South Carolina and Mississippi have roughly 40 teams per class.  So Florida is not alone it its "embarrassment".  The bigger embarrassment is that these states have 8 districts of 7-8 teams each; and none have 2- or 3-team districts.  District championships are actually meaningful in those states.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

Florida has 485 teams in 9 classifications.  By comparison:

     Alabama: 389 teams/7 classes         Average = 56 teams per class

     Florida:  485 teams/9 classes           Average = 54 teams per class

     Georgia:  413 teams/8 classes          Average = 52 teams per class

South Carolina and Mississippi have roughly 40 teams per class.  So Florida is not alone it its "embarrassment".  The bigger embarrassment is that these states have 8 districts of 7-8 teams each; and none have 2- or 3-team districts.  District championships are actually meaningful in those states.

 

Those are some pesky facts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

Florida has 485 teams in 9 classifications.  By comparison:

     Alabama: 389 teams/7 classes         Average = 56 teams per class

     Florida:  485 teams/9 classes           Average = 54 teams per class

     Georgia:  413 teams/8 classes          Average = 52 teams per class

South Carolina and Mississippi have roughly 40 teams per class.  So Florida is not alone it its "embarrassment".  The bigger embarrassment is that these states have 8 districts of 7-8 teams each; and none have 2- or 3-team districts.  District championships are actually meaningful in those states.

 

Nah but nolebullshit thinks GA and AL are perfect

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s noteworthy to understand that you are allowed to put out an embarrassing model, AND other state can at the same time. I know there are other states with way too many classes. Check Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana and New Jersey. It’s ugly. 
 

But we shouldn’t just accept a poor product because other states do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

It’s noteworthy to understand that you are allowed to put out an embarrassing model, AND other state can at the same time. I know there are other states with way too many classes. Check Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana and New Jersey. It’s ugly. 
 

But we shouldn’t just accept a poor product because other states do. 

But you don't spend thread after thread after thread bashing those other states 

 

You say FL has too many classes but I've never heard you say GA does too until I literally called you out on it, why don't you make threads about how crappy the other states systems are?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

It’s noteworthy to understand that you are allowed to put out an embarrassing model, AND other state can at the same time. I know there are other states with way too many classes. Check Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana and New Jersey. It’s ugly. 
 

But we shouldn’t just accept a poor product because other states do. 

It is true that the vast majority of states I have reviewed have 50-60 teams per class.  So obviously there are a lot of states that are happy with that model, although you have a dissenting opinion.  More championship opportunities are typically more popular than fewer championship opportunities.  The one outlier is the Texas UIL, which divides 1103 teams into 10 classifications, or 110 teams per class.  They even have districts with 10 teams!  Adopting that proportional model in Florida would result in 4-5 classifications total.  Good luck with getting that idea approved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

It is true that the vast majority of states I have reviewed have 50-60 teams per class.  So obviously there are a lot of states that are happy with that model, although you have a dissenting opinion.  More championship opportunities are typically more popular than fewer championship opportunities.  The one outlier is the Texas UIL, which divides 1103 teams into 10 classifications, or 110 teams per class.  They even have districts with 10 teams!  Adopting that proportional model in Florida would result in 4-5 classifications total.  Good luck with getting that idea approved.

We could end up with 20 classes and 20 champions. I think what many want is for those programs that regularly poach players from other schools to all battle it out among themselves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

It is true that the vast majority of states I have reviewed have 50-60 teams per class.  So obviously there are a lot of states that are happy with that model, although you have a dissenting opinion.  More championship opportunities are typically more popular than fewer championship opportunities.  The one outlier is the Texas UIL, which divides 1103 teams into 10 classifications, or 110 teams per class.  They even have districts with 10 teams!  Adopting that proportional model in Florida would result in 4-5 classifications total.  Good luck with getting that idea approved.

Realistically 5 classes would be perfect here. 
 

485 teams divided by 5 classes is 97 teams per class 

97 teams divided by 16 districts is an average of 6.06 teams per district. So each district would have on average of 5-7 teams. 
 

What the hell is wrong with that? Is that asking too much? For the playoffs to be competitive? 
 

Like I said. It’s losers from the cheap seats who are the loudest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Realistically 5 classes would be perfect here. 
 

485 teams divided by 5 classes is 97 teams per class 

97 teams divided by 16 districts is an average of 6.06 teams per district. So each district would have on average of 5-7 teams. 
 

What the hell is wrong with that? Is that asking too much? For the playoffs to be competitive? 
 

Like I said. It’s losers from the cheap seats who are the loudest. 

And the playoffs won't be competitive unless you have the metros and suburban teams separate

 

Granted I'm sure there is a way you could get 5 classes and still do that which I would be fine with but if your using student enrollment it will just result in the same blowouts we see in every title game every year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And the playoffs won't be competitive unless you have the metros and suburban teams separate

 

Granted I'm sure there is a way you could get 5 classes and still do that which I would be fine with but if your using student enrollment it will just result in the same blowouts we see in every title game every year 

There are just too many "suburban" places where super teams are possible, which makes it impossible to legislate the parity you want. The Pensacola, Bradenton/Sarasota, Brevard and Polk county areas all have the potential for "super" teams that most from any county couldn't compete with. Pine Forest, Bradenton Southeast, Manatee, Sarasota Riverview, Venice, Lakeland have all had nationally elite teams in my lifetime. PF and Lakeland both have national championships following blow-out wins in state title games. Venice blew out "metro" teams in both the state semis and finals just last year. Any of these programs could raid all the other local schools and build a team untouchable in their class (and it looks like one has done just that for 2022.) 

The real difference is between programs who are able to build super rosters and those who can't. It's mostly the rural schools that can't do this.

Fun fact: if IMG ever was approved to play for FHSAA titles, they'd be "suburban". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2022 at 8:29 AM, nolebull813 said:

One of these teams will make a State Semi Finals this year? Say it ain’t so. What are we doing here?

Region 4

District 2S-13
Lake Alfred Discovery
Frostproof
Mulberry
Lakeland Tenoroc

District 2S-14
Avon Park
Clewiston
Wauchula Hardee
Lake Placid

District 2S-15
Bradenton Bayshore
Sarasota Booker
Arcadia DeSoto County
Englewood Lemon Bay

District 2S-16
Fort Myers Bishop Verot
Estero
Fort Myers Gateway
Key West

 

LOL, it is what it is!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dr. D said:

It is true that the vast majority of states I have reviewed have 50-60 teams per class.  So obviously there are a lot of states that are happy with that model, although you have a dissenting opinion.  More championship opportunities are typically more popular than fewer championship opportunities.  The one outlier is the Texas UIL, which divides 1103 teams into 10 classifications, or 110 teams per class.  They even have districts with 10 teams!  Adopting that proportional model in Florida would result in 4-5 classifications total.  Good luck with getting that idea approved.

That would take a lot more than luck, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Realistically 5 classes would be perfect here. 
 

485 teams divided by 5 classes is 97 teams per class 

97 teams divided by 16 districts is an average of 6.06 teams per district. So each district would have on average of 5-7 teams. 
 

What the hell is wrong with that? Is that asking too much? For the playoffs to be competitive? 
 

Like I said. It’s losers from the cheap seats who are the loudest. 

Anything is better than what's going on now.  I did not see that coming.  I too am all for a reduction in classes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Realistically 5 classes would be perfect here. 
 

485 teams divided by 5 classes is 97 teams per class 

97 teams divided by 16 districts is an average of 6.06 teams per district. So each district would have on average of 5-7 teams. 
 

What the hell is wrong with that? Is that asking too much? For the playoffs to be competitive? 
 

Like I said. It’s losers from the cheap seats who are the loudest. 

I too like the 100 team championships. Problem is, in the age of the participation trophy, with an exploding population, it's never going back to 1984's four championships (A,2A,3A,4A). Five champions ended in 1997, and six champs (ended) in 2002. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

I too like the 100 team championships. Problem is, in the age of the participation trophy, with an exploding population, it's never going back to 1984's four championships (A,2A,3A,4A). Five champions ended in 1997, and six champs (ended) in 2002. 

Here's the ultimate question.  Why? 

I ask because there is no reason why Florida could not set the tone for the nation and have 1 class.  That's leaves no doubt as to who is the best.  Is the best of the best coming out of Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Hillsborough, Orange, Duval, Seminole, Osceola, Polk, Manatee, Sarasota, Leon or any other county that can run the gauntlet and claim it all?  However, I don't have pipe dreams of that ever happening but it's not because it's not doable, but it decreases the opportunities for a title and would be extremely unpopular. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Here's the ultimate question.  Why? 

I ask because there is no reason why Florida could not set the tone for the nation and have 1 class.  That's leaves no doubt as to who is the best.  Is the best of the best coming out of Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Hillsborough, Orange, Duval, Seminole, Osceola, Polk, Manatee, Sarasota, Leon or any other county that can run the gauntlet and claim it all?  However, I don't have pipe dreams of that ever happening but it's not because it's not doable, but it decreases the opportunities for a title and would be extremely unpopular. 

I think the answer is in your last sentence. It would be very unpopular and the smaller schools (Cocoa, Bolles, Chaminade, and a few others being the exceptions) would cry like hell over the size disparity. Also some play 14-15 games now with playoffs. An "8" team champions playoff would add 3 more games. You can almost hear the bleeding hearts screaming now about danger, injury, and exploitation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...