Hawthorne’s game may be moved

561_Fan

34 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Sounds like the complaints that used to come from everyone after glades central hosted games. I guess what comes around goes around for the Muck.

Pahokee fans have never been allowed on the field, nor have coaches come across the field cursing and threatening players, or even had guns on the field. That’s NEVER happened in Pahokee or Belle Glade.. Hostile environment, yes…but fans on the field. And players crossing midfield, pregame to curse and taunt the other team…NOPE! 

10 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

561, were you there Friday night? I have read in two different news publications about the fight with players involved after the game yet I haven’t seen where Hawthorne would have any kids suspended. Anyone no what’s going on with that?

Have no idea what's going on with that or the Bradford/Baker County fight during their game as well.

12 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

561, were you there Friday night? I have read in two different news publications about the fight with players involved after the game yet I haven’t seen where Hawthorne would have any kids suspended. Anyone no what’s going on with that?

I don’t know if they will suspend any Hawthorne players. #14 came over to the Pahokee side during pregame and was being disrespectful/cursing and that led to the Pahokee players refusing to shake hands at the coin toss. 

10 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

I don’t know if they will suspend any Hawthorne players. #14 came over to the Pahokee side during pregame and was being disrespectful/cursing and that led to the Pahokee players refusing to shake hands at the coin toss. 

Pregame teams warmup up from the 40 to the endzone on their side of the field across the entire field.  Is this not true???   Pahokee came into the stadium as Hawthorne warmed up and walked through Hawthorne’s warmup, coaches and players. So who was really being disrespectful???? 

50 minutes ago, blackmagic said:

Pregame teams warmup up from the 40 to the endzone on their side of the field across the entire field.  Is this not true???   Pahokee came into the stadium as Hawthorne warmed up and walked through Hawthorne’s warmup, coaches and players. So who was really being disrespectful???? 

If you click on the article you can see Hawthorne players all on the Pahokee side of the field. Like I said #14 came on the Pahokee side during pregame. That led to the players not shaking hands during the coin toss. Nothing is being made up. 

We lost the game, but the behavior is/was unacceptable. Same thing happened when Pahokee went there for a playoff basketball game 3 or 4 years ago. Fans standing on the baseline, cursing at the Pahokee players and cheerleaders. One guy told a Pahokee player that “I’ll put this fire on your big a$$.” 

I was there then, so I’m speaking from what I know, not as a homer/fan. Win or Lose, I’m about protecting the kids and all kids having a fair opportunity 

1 hour ago, blackmagic said:

Pahokee came into the stadium as Hawthorne warmed up and walked through Hawthorne’s warmup, coaches and players. So who was really being disrespectful???? 

Question, is there a specific/multiple entrance for the opposing team to enter the stadium or is there just one for both? 

2 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Question, is there a specific/multiple entrance for the opposing team to enter the stadium or is there just one for both? 

There is a visitors entrance and a home entrance.   Most teams come in the visitors entrance and walk down the sideline to their side of the field and warm up.  Pahokee decided to walk onto the field vs down the sideline.  Also, decided to get dressed on the side that Hawthorne was going to warming up on, as their fans called out numbers and yelled profanities.   “Hey 55, you soft!” Hey 7, you pussy!”   And so and so on.  Pahokee is trying to paint a picture that they were victimized.  Far from the truth.  Look at the pictures in the article.  Which players look aggressive???

4 minutes ago, blackmagic said:

There is a visitors entrance and a home entrance.   Most teams come in the visitors entrance and walk down the sideline to their side of the field and warm up.  Pahokee decided to walk onto the field vs down the sideline.  Also, decided to get dressed on the side that Hawthorne was going to warming up on, as their fans called out numbers and yelled profanities.   “Hey 55, you soft!” Hey 7, you pussy!”   And so and so on.  Pahokee is trying to paint a picture that they were victimized.  Far from the truth.  Look at the pictures in the article.  Which players look aggressive???

The Hawthorne players are past the midfield logo after the game. No one does that and says they didn’t do anything. 

HAT STADIUM ALLOWS FANS ON THE FIELD? Confronting the other team? Your coaches and players were past midfield after the game…you can’t defend that. Same as if the Pahokee players, coaches, and fans were past midfield on the Hawthorne side of the field. 

YOU SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH FANS ON THE FIELD OR THE HOME TEAM PAST MIDFIELD, TAUNTING, after the game…what outcome do you expect? You’re ignoring the classless behavior and just defending. 

#14 came on Pahokee side cursing pregame. Now give me a # from a Pahokee player. #0 from Pahokee admitted what he did, which was wrong, but he said he was afraid for his safety with the opposing team running towards their sideline after the game. Now call out your team, fans, coaches? I

Ill wait!

It’s ridiculous to lie like this and put those kids hard work and dedication behind the pride of over grown adults that can’t take a L I was there and I stood on the visitor side of the goal post there weren’t any guns visible to the eye and if there were sheriff were very present why not protect your team and fans and let it be known right then and there? ….. the sportsman ship is TRASH. Hawthorne players were spit on and they urinated on our field yes Hawthorne players ran to their side after they didn’t want to line up to shake hands after the game but they did not get into their personal space and our coaches promptly ran over to correct them . A player from pahokee threw an helmet and hit a Hawthorne coach which started the scuffle a coach from pahokee also assaulted a Hawthorne player after the scene was contained. As for #14 he is the most humble of the team seriously respectful young man! Model athlete for sure . And he really has every reason to be “BIG HEADED” but he isn’t the lies are never ending but there is video evidence so all can be done is lying on the safety of the field . GO HORNETS ‼️‼️‼️ 

44 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

#14 came on Pahokee side cursing pregame. Now give me a # from a Pahokee player. #0 from Pahokee admitted what he did, which was wrong, but he said he was afraid for his safety with the opposing team running towards their sideline after the game. Now call out your team, fans, coaches? I

Ill wait!

Did you hear #14 curse or go off of what someone told you? I see #0 walk from the sideline without a helmet.  Pick one up.  Run to get a angle to make sure he hits a Hawthorne person. Then throws the helmet.  I see the kid run from the sideline with a flying kick. I seen #1 throw the helmet then was grabbed by the police.  I seen the player have to  be tackled to keep from continuing being aggressive. All justified because they were taunted???  

4 minutes ago, blackmagic said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2001743086681260&id=100001190666448

31 minute mark. Watch from there.  Form your own opinion.  Vs what someone said.  This isn’t a person being in fear of anything.  

The taunting was wrong.  I do agree. But taunting doesn’t give you the right to physically assault anyone.  

Once again. I’m said he was WRONG! He said he was scared. What do think a 17 year old is going to do when scared, because it sure isn’t what an adult would do…Now what about Hawthorne’s behavior? Coaches and players running toward the Pahokee sidelines after the game. The entire altercation happened on Pahokee’s sideline…so how did those INNOCENT players and coaches magically make it to the opposing teams sideline. Fans on the field, threatening players..guns visible…I just want to know how’s that acceptable 

10 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Once again. I’m said he was WRONG! He said he was scared. What do think a 17 year old is going to do when scared, because it sure isn’t what an adult would do…Now what about Hawthorne’s behavior? Coaches and players running toward the Pahokee sidelines after the game. The entire altercation happened on Pahokee’s sideline…so how did those INNOCENT players and coaches magically make it to the opposing teams sideline. Fans on the field, threatening players..guns visible…I just want to know how’s that acceptable 

All those law enforcement out there with guns visible, on a school property, and not one person detained???? Look at the video. There’s more Pahokee fans out there than Hawthorne fans!!!  Not one punch thrown or helmet thrown by a Hawthorne fan or player.  But you are the victim???  A scared person is not causally walking towards what they are scared of. picking up a weapon.  Then figuring out how to attack the thing that they are scared of. Then causally walks away and have to be held so they don’t go back.   

again.  Taunting was inappropriate.  But taunting doesn’t allow you to assault people.   

33 minutes ago, blackmagic said:

All those law enforcement out there with guns visible, on a school property, and not one person detained???? Look at the video. There’s more Pahokee fans out there than Hawthorne fans!!!  Not one punch thrown or helmet thrown by a Hawthorne fan or player.  But you are the victim???  A scared person is not causally walking towards what they are scared of. picking up a weapon.  Then figuring out how to attack the thing that they are scared of. Then causally walks away and have to be held so they don’t go back.   

again.  Taunting was inappropriate.  But taunting doesn’t allow you to assault people.   

You’re responding as an adult, not a kid. Of course no one was arrested or being suspended. You’re home with your Law Enforcement…Like I said an adult threatened one of our basketball players in front of the Alachua Sheriff and nothing was said or done. 

How did everyone end on the Pahokee sideline???? Law Enforcement/Coaches what were they doing?

Observations from a neutral party:

1.  Hawthorne appeared to have several fans/former players lined up along the end zone line to the right.   This should not be allowed.   After the game ended, several of those fans walked out onto the field to mockingly wave goodbye to the Pahokee fans (not the Pahokee players).   Poor sportsmanship, in my opinion.  But it ended with that.  At least one sheriff was out on the field and ushered the fans back 'the other way.'

2.  Right before the last play of the game, the Hawthorne DB was jawing back and forth with players and/or coaches on the Pahokee sideline.   Not appropriate for either side.  Then again, if I had a dollar for every time I've personally seen players or coaches from the sidelines engaged in smack talk with an opposing team's DB or a DB engaged with opposing players or coaches on the sideline, I, and not Elon Musk, could have bought Twitter. 

3.  Granted the video was being taken by someone on the Pahokee side, but two things jumped out at me:  first, someone had (and used) an artificial noisemaker.  Second, the person taking the video was live-streaming it.  Criticize the rules if you want, but both of those things violate FHSAA rules. 

4.  Based on the video linked above, we really can't see how the post-game scuffle between players got started.  But, here's my take:  a hotly-contested playoff game just ended.  Players from the winning team ran out onto the field to celebrate.   I've been around the game of football for over half a century now and I've never heard anyone ever say that players from either team (especially the winning team) can't cross midfield.  Realistically, when the final play is over, the players from the winning side storm out onto the field, if they're not already on the field, and run around like Jim Valvano did when NC State won the NCAA basketball championship in 1983, just looking for a teammate or coach to hug.   Players from the losing side typically just stand on their sidelines or drop down on the field in disappointment (like the one Pahokee player did just before the camera shifted from the scoreboard shot to the midfield scuffle shot).  Bottom line, I could not see how the scuffle started.  But, what I did see was two Pahokee players hurl their helmets towards Hawthorne players and one Pahokee player run into a group of people looking like he was trying to land a Bruce Lee flying dropkick. 

5.  Again, the only view I saw came from the video that was posted, which came from the bleachers behind the Pahokee bench.  So, the Pahokee players blocked some of what may have happened.  That said, I didn't see any punches thrown by players from either team or anything physical other than a little bowing up and perhaps some light pushing (other than the helmet-throwing and kung fu-ing referenced above).  Also, for what it's worth, the scrum broke up pretty quickly as far as on-field scuffles go. 

6.  Based solely on that one video, and if I were the FHSAA czar looking into this matter, I would not take any disciplinary action against any of the Hawthorne players (but would penalize the two Pahokee players who threw their helmets, just in case they play other sports this year).  I would likely allow the next game to be played at Hawthorne, but would require that Hawthorne bring in extra law enforcement (just in case) and that no fans be allowed on the field -- especially in the end zone area.   The only people on the field should be players, approved coaches and staff (i.e., trainers and administrative personnel), refs, chain crew and media/photographers.   Basically, the way that the FHSAA does it for championship games. 

Just my perspective. 

6 minutes ago, Perspective said:

1.  Hawthorne appeared to have several fans/former players lined up along the end zone line to the right.   This should not be allowed.   After the game ended, several of those fans walked out onto the field to mockingly wave goodbye to the Pahokee fans (not the Pahokee players).   Poor sportsmanship, in my opinion.  But it ended with that.  At least one sheriff was out on the field and ushered the fans back 'the other way.'

2.  Right before the last play of the game, the Hawthorne DB was jawing back and forth with players and/or coaches on the Pahokee sideline.   Not appropriate for either side.  Then again, if I had a dollar for every time I've personally seen players or coaches from the sidelines engaged in smack talk with an opposing team's DB or a DB engaged with opposing players or coaches on the sideline, I, and not Elon Musk, could have bought Twitter. 

3.  Granted the video was being taken by someone on the Pahokee side, but two things jumped out at me:  first, someone had (and used) an artificial noisemaker.  Second, the person taking the video was live-streaming it.  Criticize the rules if you want, but both of those things violate FHSAA rules. 

4.  Based on the video linked above, we really can't see how the post-game scuffle between players got started.  But, here's my take:  a hotly-contested playoff game just ended.  Players from the winning team ran out onto the field to celebrate.   I've been around the game of football for over half a century now and I've never heard anyone ever say that players from either team (especially the winning team) can't cross midfield.  Realistically, when the final play is over, the players from the winning side storm out onto the field, if they're not already on the field, and run around like Jim Valvano did when NC State won the NCAA basketball championship in 1983, just looking for a teammate or coach to hug.   Players from the losing side typically just stand on their sidelines or drop down on the field in disappointment (like the one Pahokee player did just before the camera shifted from the scoreboard shot to the midfield scuffle shot).  Bottom line, I could not see how the scuffle started.  But, what I did see was two Pahokee players hurl their helmets towards Hawthorne players and one Pahokee player run into a group of people looking like he was trying to land a Bruce Lee flying dropkick. 

5.  Again, the only view I saw came from the video that was posted, which came from the bleachers behind the Pahokee bench.  So, the Pahokee players blocked some of what may have happened.  That said, I didn't see any punches thrown by players from either team or anything physical other than a little bowing up and perhaps some light pushing (other than the helmet-throwing and kung fu-ing referenced above).  Also, for what it's worth, the scrum broke up pretty quickly as far as on-field scuffles go. 

6.  Based solely on that one video, and if I were the FHSAA czar looking into this matter, I would not take any disciplinary action against any of the Hawthorne players (but would penalize the two Pahokee players who threw their helmets, just in case they play other sports this year).  I would likely allow the next game to be played at Hawthorne, but would require that Hawthorne bring in extra law enforcement (just in case) and that no fans be allowed on the field -- especially in the end zone area.   The only people on the field should be players, approved coaches and staff (i.e., trainers and administrative personnel), refs, chain crew and media/photographers.   Basically, the way that the FHSAA does it for championship games. 

Just my perspective. 

BINGO, couldnt have said it better.

25 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Just my perspective. 

The coaches and players ran over cursing and making hand gestures at the Pahokee players sidelines. Their fans even ran onto the field taunting. 

As for fans sitting on the field they allow it and in basketball, they allow their fans to stand on both baselines during the entire game. Law Enforcement or the officials say anything. 

I don’t think anything major happened in the scuffle, but it was uncalled for and classless. Like I said #14 came across the  field pregame cursing and taunting, but nothing was. They allowed the noise-makers, we were told we would be fined or the team penalized, but that didn’t happen 

2 hours ago, blackmagic said:

What you're saying happened is before the game which is pretty typical at every single game in high school. There's always 3 parts to a story. The 2 opposing and the truth which is usually somewhere closer to the middle. But to say that Pahokee is trying paint a specific narrative feels like a reach. Yes it shows Pahokee players being held back which isn't a shock due to those pictures being took by media that covers Pahokee. 

It seems like Hawthorne coach is trying to distance his team and staff from what happened. Yes his team and coaches didn't have weapons but who's to say that spectators didn't? 

There were valid points brought up as far as safety concerns go from coaches and players. Obviously the administration owned up to those flaws. But how would you react in a situation where emotions are high and you fear for your life?

43 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Just my perspective. 

I agree